Summer basketball 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer basketball 2020

Any excitement about summer league and possible three on three competition?

To me, it's all about individuals. I saw Matas Jogela name in already established team and I'm excited. If Zalgiris will gather the team with at least one of Lith studs (Grigonis, Ulanovas, Lekavicius, Jokubaitis) I'm excited. If Neptunas would gather Sedekerskis, Masiulis - I'm in. Rytas would grab Tubelis, Blazevic, I'm in, and so on. If that would be average LKL dudes competition only, I would barely click any link and would better watch some old, but real ball game. But if studs involved I'm watching, be it three on three, 5 vs 5 or anything else really.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Well, I'm gonna watch any type of live competition. 3x3 does not excite me, but 5x5 could be exciting because of the young players you mentioned. I would not like to include some already proved players like Grigonis, Ulanovas, Lekavičius. But as you said seeing Jogėla, Jokubaitis, Marčiulionis, Tubelis, some NKL youngsters or even young players from abroad teams would be cool.

Imagine making a team of something like Jokubaitis, D.Giedraitis, Jogėla, Sedekerskis, Masiulis, Tubelis, Marčiulionis, Kulboka and beating the crap out of those LKL mediocre team studs. Of course, Jogėla is already in another team, but the idea of combining some Rytas and Žalgiris talents into one team this summer would be cool. Especially when this year we have to miss FIBA youth competitions.

Comment

Dude, totally watching summer league now. Marciulionis and Tubelis in. It's probably 2 most exciting pieces that you can actually add from youngsters. On other hand, how many teams can gather like this? The mix is pretty crazy even if that is more or less Vilnius crew team.

I hope Kaunas packs Jokubaitis in some sort of a team. The clash between Marciulionis and Jokubaitis would cool already
      Last edited by Straight forward; 05-23-2020, 09:34 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Bilbao - Baskonia will meat in June 17. Both Kulboka (minor injury) and Sedekerskis (15 men rotation) are questionable, but probably worth taking a shot and watch the game.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Well, Kaunas „Cosa Nostra" is by far the best one with Grigonis, Ulanovas, Masiulis, Valinskas, Gustys. Beast of a team, despite lame name

Dude, it's such a travesty that we have been left without a shabby ball game while Lithuania handled the virus nearly perfectly, while barely alive countries as Germany, Spain are actually balling. This shit better be starting now. I'm watching it, because of Vilnius young gems (extreme duo by Tubelis and Marciulionis) and Kaunas team alone.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I see some interesting thing about that 1992-1994 generation.For some reasons Lukas is like outsider in that group.I was listening to Grigonis,Ulanovas podcast not a single type they mentione Lekavicius when they choosing their fantasy teams.You hear Dimsa,Jogela, Grigonis,Ulanovas,Skucas now i see they took to a team other 94 player Gustys.But never take/choose 94 Lukas for some reasons.

A bit strange when Grigonis shared backourt with Lukas in 3 diffrent teams. Ltu youth,zalgiris and ltu men teams.

Maybe is true that Lukas is very intraverted type and keeps his distance.

But overall Lukas looks very humble guy,so i dont think it can be problem,but just interesting situation repeating.

They like or not,but Lekavicius will be their main playmaker in next Olympic 4 years run.
            Last edited by Shawshank; 06-28-2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Lukas is just not Kaunas' guy. Grigonis, Ulanovas, Dimsa are pure Kaunas kids, so they are the crew. Lukas is humble guy from the other small town, not too outgoing, not the center of the parties It's all good, IMO, they all except what Lukas is and I'm sure he doesn't need to fill in as another Kaunas guy. I'm sure he has his own crew in Silale, and friends overall that he enjoys. Lukas may not be so much interested in playing himself by the way. His girlfriend his Greek, so they may be spending a good time in nice place there somewhere.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Unleashed at the higher level Tubelis and Marciulionis ceased to disappoint. Two legitimate stars are growing. Seems like we are facing the end of long years stars' and elite players drought.

Tubelis completely dominates this semi-LKL level, averaging around 20pts, 10rbs and 4 blocks per game (I don't have precise sats). I won't even stick to my projection that he will be a modern 5, he has to many game in him to strictly throw him there. He elevates ridiculous speed in the open court, surely beyond bigs, he puts the ball on the floor much more than we emphasized previously. His blocks are hilarious, nothing less. Great timing, great explosiveness. I can't decide at which side he's stronger - defensive or offensive - absolute 2 ways beast. Seems to be improving his shot, FT's falling really nicely (stats would be handy). No sign of any clumsiness after long and tough physical off season. Seems agile, light and yet tough as bull, intimidating bigger and yet weaker opponents. My projection is that Tubelis will be a better player in FIBA than JV and Domas. I won't project his NBA career as I think bigs badly need consistent jumper for elite career there now, but in FIBA, IMO, he'll be much less dependant on guards and will have some much more ways to score than even Sabonis I think (Sabonis' true impact in FIBA is yet only to be revealed though). His face to face game, ability to put the ball down in an open court, even with a fancy crossovers, switching dribbling hands instantly, explosive and super quick first step and elite lightening mobility and craftiness will be the difference. He's foul drawing machine and I generally I believe will have a chance to be the scoring machine in FIBA which is extremely rare. Soon we'll be facing the battle between Domas and Azualas for the most dominant big the the country. However, I treat Tubelis as the most universal big since young Arvydas Sabonis. Elite at both ends of the floor which is not the case with Jr. Sabonis and JV.

Marciulionis seems to be adding toughness and weight nicely. Meaning that off season workouts didn't reduce his quickness, explosiveness, athleticism. As an 18yo he seems ready to handle any pressure defensively, works extremely nice with those long strong hands and lengs. Just as Tubelis he's a 2 ways beast, that's why I'm super high on this due braking to the big stage together. Some steals are crazy, like a candy from the kid, just as his daddy was known. Grabs tons of defensive and offensive rebounds, tremendous hustle here and there. He seems to have a great control for a 18yo, knows were to save his energy and where to be aggressive. Overall he wasn't even active enough at O end, allowing Lukauskis, Samenas and Babrasuskas to chuck (Lukauskis overdoing and crappy decision making in this tournament is the horror flick I've haven't seen for a long time...), a bit too humble and respectful while crealy the best guard in that team. Jumper is still inconsistent, I think the wrist is a bit thick and he's more into physical shape than BB at the moment (you can notice that he had wealthy off season physically and it's felt differently than transendant Tubelis), but he has tools to dominate his opponents. That toughness, athleticism, long strides to the basket, tons of versatile moves...By far the best PG prospect since Jasikevicius. I expect both Tubelis and Marciulionis to make the team at 20. IMO, they are only 2 years away from the big stage.

Velicka seems to be dominating this tournament, but I already want more craft, more intangibles. Some precise and mature performance. Now he dominates with his size, motor and constant hustling. More like rhythm PG, rather than controling the team PG. However, he's an elite slasher, good passer and with his size and abilities he can be an elite defensive PG as well. He just needs more consistency, focus and pride to play D all the time. He surely can do it. If that would be mid 10's, I would be super high on the Velicka and I still somewhat am, but now he's just a third best PG prospect after Marciulionis and Jokubaitis which is extreme luxury suddenly.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Just want to mention a great shape of 41 y.o. Lukauskis. He could be a father of his teammates Tubelis and Marciulionis.

Comment

Any links to this tournament?

Comment

Погляньте на найбільше ігрове задоволення в Україні! Pin-Up - це справжня забава, що вам потрібна. Заходьте в Pin-Up , щоб насолодитися широким вибором слотів та азартних ігор, серед яких ви знайдете улюблені класичні ігрові автомати та найновітніші відеослоти. Ми пропонуємо вигідні бонуси та промокоди, щоб збільшити ваші шанси на виграш. Зручна система оплати та швидкий вивід коштів забезпечать безперебійне геймплей. Запрошуйте друзів та вигравайте разом! Приєднуйтеся до нас в https://www.instagram.com/pinup.ukraine/​ для ексклюзивних пропозицій та змагань! #PinUp
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information