Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do at home in quarantine times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do at home in quarantine times?

Originally posted by vivo View Post
    Good Mr Chacho, and you? Are you isolating?

I think the most fair solution would be using alphabetical order and crown Alba Berlin as the champion. Tough break for Anadolu Efes, Armani Milano, and Asvel Villeurbanne

I am fine guys! Yes, we are isolated at home, although I am still working (Thanks God I work in a big chemichal company). Quiet bored at home, videogames or films/series are ok, but I really miss Sports.

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    I am fine guys! Yes, we are isolated at home, although I am still working (Thanks God I work in a big chemichal company). Quiet bored at home, videogames or films/series are ok, but I really miss Sports.
    Any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
      Any recommendations?
      I'm currently watching Greatest Events of WW2 (great documentary). Finished new season of Narcos recently and will start to the 2nd season of Altered Carbon

Also I have seen many people recommending Sunderland Til I Die
      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
        I'm currently watching Greatest Events of WW2 (great documentary). Finished new season of Narcos recently and will start to the 2nd season of Altered Carbon

Also I have seen many people recommending Sunderland Til I Die
        I just finished the first season the other day and am now onto the second. I'd recommend it too, that club was a tv drama long before this series. There's some unbelievably funny scenes but it's also good at showing the fan's perspective.

Comment

Any recommendations?
          Not exactly new but if you haven’t watched it yet, Dark (German audio must).

previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
            Not exactly new but if you haven’t watched it yet, Dark (German audio must).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/
            Thanks Bob, this looks interesting.

Comment

Thanks Bob, this looks interesting.
              The best series after True Detective (season 1) for me. But like I said, German audio and English subtitles is the best experience.
              previously known as Beno

Comment

Any recommendations?
                I am not really put into them. I watch the best from Amazon Prime Video and Disney+ (the streamings I have).

In Amazon I quiet like their originals (Good Omens, The Man in the High Castle, Hernán, Carnival Row, The boys).

I am also reading some books and comics.

Comment

In Amazon I quiet like their originals (Good Omens, The Man in the High Castle
                  I'd also suggest The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The acting from the main characters is top notch, the plot is based on real events, also it is very funny and warms your heart
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

The best series after True Detective (season 1) for me. But like I said, German audio and English subtitles is the best experience.
                    this is a good one.

I'm immersed into "The Wire" these days, an old one, but really captivating. I'll probably continue with other oldies in my lenghty watchlist.

I also installed "the secret of the monkey island" to play . let's see if I can enjoy it again as much as I did ages ago.
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

- Working through distance.
                      - Working out. I have a goal to get ripped in 2 months of quarantine and to add around 5kg muscles.
                      - Watching old games, highlights and reading articles. That's BB.
                      - Reading a little bit.
                      - Watching movies.
                      - Walking in the nature for at least 1,5-2h a day.
                      - Drawing a little bit.

Have to admit I grabbed one pizza, one kebab and one coffee from the kiosk and visited vine shop once during quarantine. I don't go to supermarkets, trying to order all food from home.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

This isn't new, but I suggest watching The great beauty (La grande bellezza) by Italian director Paolo Sorrentino (and other his stuff for that matter: Youth, This must be the place, The consequences of love).

What can I say, if there ever was a good time for reading books, this must be it. I don't know what to recommend because I'm a classic guy and I guess hard literature is not what people are searching for these days (but maybe they should). Currently reading Death and the Dervish by one of the best Yugoslav writers Mehmed-MeÅ¡a Selimović (if I write Serbian our Bosnian friends might get offended, but if I write just Bosnian that wouldn't be true by his own testament, in fact both are probably true, but "Yugoslav" is the middle ground and is always the best fit for these kind of problems, and maybe the most precise).

Comment

A big thanks to Levenspiel for moving Chacho's post and making this a proper thread.

That series was absolutely amazing.
                          I meant to ask, have you ever found a show which comes close to the mystery and atmosphere of Twin Peaks? It's such an influential show but imo there's never been anything quite like it. A lot of people recommend Carnivale, which I only saw a few eps of and should really give another chance.

I am not really put into them. I watch the best from Amazon Prime Video and Disney+ (the streamings I have).

In Amazon I quiet like their originals (Good Omens, The Man in the High Castle, Hernán, Carnival Row, The boys).

I am also reading some books and comics.
                          There's actually a documentary on Amazon about Milano's Keifer Sykes called Chi-Town. Follows him from high school into college and then trying to make the NBA.

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                          this is a good one.

I'm immersed into "The Wire" these days, an old one, but really captivating. I'll probably continue with other oldies in my lenghty watchlist.

I also installed "the secret of the monkey island" to play . let's see if I can enjoy it again as much as I did ages ago.
                          You really can't go wrong with The Wire. One of the all time greats.

I never played Monkey Island but I know it's considered a classic. I do play a bit of Football Manager though.

Comment

@ Jazz

Twin Peaks is unrepeatable.

Carnivale is solid, but nowhere close.

Dark starts somewhat similar to Twin Peaks, but goes in some other direction after few episodes.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

@ Jazz

Twin Peaks is unrepeatable.

Carnivale is solid, but nowhere close.

Dark starts somewhat similar to Twin Peaks, but goes in some other direction after few episodes.
                              Yeah I've never got the feeling that I got from Twin Peaks season 1 and the first half of season 2 from any other show.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information