Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 Updates

There are frontline workers who were supposedly forced by their landlords and other tenants to move out of their units.

Hirap din kasi ng sitwasyon sa mga apartments, dorms, room for rents. Can't really point an accusing finger because the risk of infection is really high. Buti sana kung isang tao, isang bahay, isang banyo. Otherwise, I understand where these people are coming from.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Hirap din kasi ng sitwasyon sa mga apartments, dorms, room for rents. Can't really point an accusing finger because the risk of infection is really high. Buti sana kung isang tao, isang bahay, isang banyo. Otherwise, I understand where these people are coming from.
    Yeah but our healthcare workers don't really have a choice.. most are just minimum wage workers who can't afford better housing. Heck our maid's salary used to higher than mine even without deductions. And that's after 6 months of "training" aka free labor. In one institution I even paid 30k back then to train for 3 months and a chance to work for them after.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Yeah but our healthcare workers don't really have a choice.. most are just minimum wage workers who can't afford better housing. Heck our maid's salary used to higher than mine even without deductions. And that's after 6 months of "training" aka free labor. In one institution I even paid 30k back then to train for 3 months and a chance to work for them after.
    I understand this dilemma. This really isn’t anybody’s fault. We are all victims of the situation. I hope people can find ways to calm themselves and treat each other as allies with Covid19 as the common foe. I know, easier said than done.

You're a modern day hero, kudos to you, we owe our gratitude , keep up good work.. can u message me, i really want to help our frontline
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Check this video about Bill Gates and his 2015 talk , Are we ready for a pandemic?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI

Per DOH http://www.doh.gov.ph/2019-nCoV

Confirmed cases - 2,084

Cases tested negative - 1,068

Cases pending test results - 699

once again, DOH hasn't included the data on number of tests conducted so i'll just assume that confirmed cases plus negative cases is equal to number of tests conducted. that's 3,152 overall. that's still 66.1 infections per 100 tests. this is very high considering south korea has 5 infections per 100 tests. then again, south korea conducted hundreds of thousands of tests

Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    Per DOH http://www.doh.gov.ph/2019-nCoV

Confirmed cases - 2,084

Cases tested negative - 1,068

Cases pending test results - 699

once again, DOH hasn't included the data on number of tests conducted so i'll just assume that confirmed cases plus negative cases is equal to number of tests conducted. that's 3,152 overall. that's still 66.1 infections per 100 tests. this is very high considering south korea has 5 infections per 100 tests. then again, south korea conducted hundreds of thousands of tests
    My guess is the real number is no less than 10,000 positive as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by geohunk View Post
    My guess is the real number is no less than 10,000 positive as of today.
    unfortunately, there is really no scientifically accurate way of determining the actual number of infected individuals unless we proceed with mass testing. for all we know 25 percent of the entire population are already infected, 20 percent of which are exhibiting mild to severe symptoms. i read a news article a few weeks ago that as large as 80 percent of infected individuals are asymptomatic and hence will not seek treatment.

what we can only gather from the current DOH data is that 61 percent of the time, patients with severe covid-19 like symptoms actually have covid-19. this is because we only test patients who manifest severe symptoms of the disease. (well, except for politicos and VIPS of course)

if the DOH also tested all PUI's and PUM's , perhaps we could extrapolate from the data the perceived number of infected in the country. i really hope it's not that high.

Some hoteliers in Baguio offered their hotels for PUI and healthcare workers - free lodging.

Other parts of the country can take a queue.

https://www.baguiocityguide.com/rays...ese-past-days/

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I’ve already acknowledged that, we all know that, but thats besides the point. We’re going in circles if all you have to say is conflict of interest.

I’d reserve my comments re Malacanang. My only hope is that they speed up the distribution of the monetary aid. Maybe that would help them make more people stay at home. Too many people still not taking this seriously. Maybe because the numbers are still low. Tsk
    The numbers are low because we're not testing enough, not because we have "low number of infections".

If Manuel Dayrit is right, up to 75,000 people can be infect at the same time.

There's just much corruption going on. If ever, crisis like this are the best time to steal funds because more funds are made available. Even Nancy Binay (an unimpressive politicians) criticized the DSWD for its very slow move.

https://amp.rappler.com/nation/25478...ning-outbreaks

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    The numbers are low because we're not testing enough, not because we have "low number of infections".

If Manuel Dayrit is right, up to 75,000 people can be infect at the same time.

There's just much corruption going on. If ever, crisis like this are the best time to steal funds because more funds are made available. Even Nancy Binay (an unimpressive politicians) criticized the DSWD for its very slow move.

https://amp.rappler.com/nation/25478...ning-outbreaks

Just like basketball the coach / leader is accountable for the outcome (severety of impact of Covit 19), if the Philippines response in avoiding hospitiisation and deaths is bad compared to other nations , that's on the leader (s) , it would be silly not to blame a coach for a poor season ( miss playoffs or kulelat) why would it be any different for the response of Covit 19 where lives mattar . This is not for the purpose of simply critisizing , but find ways to improve and make changes if possible to minimize damage..
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

^^ Unfortunately for Filipinos, this current government react angrily to any criticism even if it was warranted.

Let's not forget how Koko Pimentel *excused* himself for exposing the staff in MMC and S&R.

We lost 17 doctors now. Veterans in their field. It would take years and millions to replace them..

A doctor in my province posted that only a few of their staff came work today because they fear of "social persecution". Their staff reported that some weren't allowed to enter stores to buy food. Some weren't allowed to go back to their baranggays. Some were even told by baranggay officials to stop going to work. A staff's wife was rushed to the ER because of high BP after defending her husband's work with their neighbors. Dangerous times to be a health care worker..

We lost 17 doctors now. Veterans in their field. It would take years and millions to replace them..

A doctor in my province posted that only a few of their staff came work today because they fear of "social persecution". Their staff reported that some weren't allowed to enter stores to buy food. Some weren't allowed to go back to their baranggays. Some were even told by baranggay officials to stop going to work. A staff's wife was rushed to the ER because of high BP after defending her husband's work with their neighbors. Dangerous times to be a health care worker..

These two videos were forwarded to me by a friend on FB.

Thoughts guys?

Thoughts guys?

You guys should be taken care of, not persecuted. Seems like there’s no end to the ignorance of some of our kababayans!

What measures has been put into place by the government to alleviate your concerns, if not totally provide security?

Hmm...whats going on here:

Thoughts guys?

Of course the streets are gonna be quiet because everyone's inside getting a treatment and quarantining themselves.

Basically, the things we see on TV are the highlights of what's going on.

And that guy in the video is just being naive and stupid and just not cooperating with everyone. It's a matter of time before he gets the virus for his stupidity.

It's like watching a riot on tv and once the guy in the video gets into the location only to witness nothing and starts asking 'where's the riot??' bunch of liars!' brb let's video tape this and show to the world'

How absurd.
    Last edited by Anonymous123; 04-01-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast