This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geohunk
    Well apparently the US one of THE superpowers in the world is already struggling to contain this effectively:

In the US, the number of daily new infections has been increasing sharply. It's easy to forecast 1,000 deaths a day.

This really looks grim and depressing for the West and with how frustrating things are being handled here in the philippines (red tape with the testing kits, VIP treatment for testing, etc.) the harsh reality is those published numbers we have is not the real BIG picture on how bad it is here.
    I think urgent action for the States isn't being undertaken which is why the virus has spread to over 100k (last I heard, I'm not googling anything yet typing this). I still think that with urgent action they could have controlled it in a better way but I guess I expected more.

In terms of Filipino red tape, that goes to everyone involved. It's not just higher ups who are either trying to save their own skin and/or trying to make money out of the situation. I haven't been given a barangay pass yet despite it being overdue for 2 days and counting, plus I still go to work in a desk job like nothing is happening. It's sad all around.

Originally posted by NOiNU
    Palusot 101 just to save face. Ahaha hope you realize how pathetic you looked like. Sorry, but it’s not my comprehension. It’s your huge ego. Grow up.
    Remember all this started because you thought I was dissing the Italians and waving the Pinoy Pride banner. Maraming namamatay sa maling akala, ingat. I don't have to apologize when I didn't start this silly argument, and tried to end it multiple times as well.

Comment

Use of data modelling is actually more accurate reflection of actual infected compared to testing.. The Philippines does not have a feasible plan to identify & isolate the infected given the data science projection of actually infected
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

How are people still getting in and out of Manila?

Comment

Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
          I think urgent action for the States isn't being undertaken which is why the virus has spread to over 100k (last I heard, I'm not googling anything yet typing this). I still think that with urgent action they could have controlled it in a better way but I guess I expected more.

In terms of Filipino red tape, that goes to everyone involved. It's not just higher ups who are either trying to save their own skin and/or trying to make money out of the situation. I haven't been given a barangay pass yet despite it being overdue for 2 days and counting, plus I still go to work in a desk job like nothing is happening. It's sad all around.

Remember all this started because you thought I was dissing the Italians and waving the Pinoy Pride banner. Maraming namamatay sa maling akala, ingat. I don't have to apologize when I didn't start this silly argument, and tried to end it multiple times as well.
          Yet you’re too proud to actually man up and stop. Lol NO, I never thought you’re dissing the Italians. My contention has always been you were wrong in assuming the Italians didn’t listen to the government when it was put in a lockdown, only to follow it up by saying the Filipinos did “for the most part”. That’s a statement borne out of sheer IGNORANCE. If you only tried to understand what I was telling you all along, you wouldn’t be this worked up. Let me spoonfeed you.

Yes, some Italians didn’t listen. But that is also the case for some Filipinos. Kaya sabi ko sayo, kahit saan me pasaway. Those people in the video you were too proud and excited about does not constitute the WHOLE of Italy. They are just the counterparts of those pasaways who are playing hide and seek with our police force there in Pinas. Nakuha mo na ba? Milan, Florence and Rome were virtual ghost towns when the lockdown was put to place. Italians are as hard headed as we Pinoys are but you are grossly mistaken by assuming we are any better in terms of obedience, if you don’t want it termed as discipline. Here’s your post again.

Originally posted by jasper222

Italy is suffering because their people didn't listen. Pinoys for the most part did. Each country will have stupid people who won't follow quarantine, but thankfully a big amount of the population listened. That's why we're not ending up like Italy at all.
          This is my last reply to you. This is not worth it. I like discussions but only when they are sensible, progressive and not circular. I was only at this because I wanna correct a misconception and don’t want you to bank on something that is unfounded.-
          Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

The reason why our (PH) numbers are low is because we just test about 150 people a day. The real numbers are much bigger.

We even have deaths where people died showing COVID-19 symptoms. This should be worrying since we're testing too many politicians, people who need it more are not being tested like those who have severe symptoms.

Also, our mortality rate is higher than that of Italy and our medical frontliner death to COVID is like 20% of mortality rate.

It's just a matter of time until the numbers catch up especially with Singapore donating 40,000 test kits

Comment

Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              How are people still getting in and out of Manila?
              Maybe the only people who work in grocery stores and other food manufacturing companies situated in Manila and Quezon City are allowed. But other than that, it's beyond strict. Check points are in every exit of the city to look out.
              Last edited by Anonymous123; 03-29-2020, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                This has been the trend for most countries hardly hit by Covid19. They downplay the situation and underestimate the threat.

It’s not easy to find an equilibrium of neutralizing the threat and not letting the economy suffer. This is what I learned from all these—“The cure shouldn’t be worse than the disease itself. The only difference between medicine and poison is the dosage”. Countries wanna save the hand but they are not going to cut the whole arm just to do it. Now they realize the whole body is under threat from the very beginning.
                Your post reminds of this movie scene. lol

Watch the ""Arm Chop"" Clip from WORLD WAR Z starring Brad Pitt.Coming soon to cinemashttp://www.worldwarz.co.ukhttps://www.facebook.com/pages/World-War-Z-Mo...

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
                  Maybe the only people who work in grocery stores and other food manufacturing companies situated in Manila and Quezon City are allowed. But other than that, it's beyond strict. Check points are in every exit of the city to look out.
                  Here in Caloocan, residents in almost every streets and alleys have set up their barricades.
                  Attack
                  defend
                  Unite

Comment

Originally posted by Artek View Post
                    The reason why our (PH) numbers are low is because we just test about 150 people a day. The real numbers are much bigger.

We even have deaths where people died showing COVID-19 symptoms. This should be worrying since we're testing too many politicians, people who need it more are not being tested like those who have severe symptoms.

Also, our mortality rate is higher than that of Italy and our medical frontliner death to COVID is like 20% of mortality rate.

It's just a matter of time until the numbers catch up especially with Singapore donating 40,000 test kits
                    Recent numbers have Philippines at 6% mortality rate while Italy is at 10.8%.

People are beginning to question such high number of deaths there were suggestions already to put cctv cams on ICUs. I myself feel this is no longer attributable to Italy having an old populace. If you consider the measly 400plus deaths of Germany out of around 57,000 cases, you can’t help but ask what your medics have been doing wrong. Current numbers for Italy is 92,000 cases with 10,000 deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                      Recent numbers have Philippines at 6% mortality rate while Italy is at 10.8%.

People are beginning to question such high number of deaths there were suggestions already to put cctv cams on ICUs. I myself feel this is no longer attributable to Italy having an old populace. If you consider the measly 500plus deaths of Germany out of around 54,000 cases, you can’t help but ask what your medics have been doing wrong. Current numbers for Italy is 92,000 cases with 10,000 deaths.
                      Italy really had old populatikn so is japan,but japa somehow have flattened the curve
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                        Here in Caloocan, residents in almost every streets and alleys have set up their barricades.
                        Would serve another useful purpose, which is to protect themselves against looters. In Sta. Quiteria where my wife’s relatives reside, there were already attempts to break into houses during the wee hours of the night. People should be vigilant and prepared. Dumarami kalaban.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          Italy really had old populatikn so is japan,but japa somehow have flattened the curve
                          Kaya nga eh. More importantly, the cases were relatively low. I wonder how the graph representation of Japanese cases looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous123 View Post
                            A lot of people in my newsfeed are still going to the provinces. A friend of mine even went to Pampanga to pick up her dad and bring him home to Batangas. I thought the check points were strict?

Comment

Japan is having a bit of a surge. The government may have downplayed their cases in hopes to push through the Olympics but with the world being devastated, they were forced to cancel

The country has seen a surge of untraceable infections in recent days, an early indication that the virus is past the point of controlling without extreme measures.

Comment

Would be interesting to know what Thailand (one of countries hardest hit early and similar to Philippines size wise) is doing well, 6 deaths compared to Philippines 68
                                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information