Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 433

Thread: The COVID-19 Updates

  1. #181
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    The old man already kicked the ass of the guy out of the equation...financial assistance is now on the roll conducting overall verification to avoid duplicate 201 files...PPE's is now on the roll as well...yet it ain't perfect still lot of loopholes...but if some of you guys are expecting for 100% satisfaction and perfection..I can guarantee you will still post your overall disappointment..acting like a mean bean spoiled brats nowadays whether you accept it or not are ain't cool anymore especially now that all nation esp. the so called first world countries are in a big problem.
    The delay in action is the problem. He didn't do the travel ban instead mock the situation even said we are prepared for it. Then last night he said they aren't prepared. January to February, what did the admin do to prepare for virus outbreak. It was about ABS CBN shutdown that they have more concern about.
    The travel ban didn't involved Chinese national that hat has permanent or resident visa and no quarantine at all that. This happen upto March. Pastillas scheme is also alive at this point. So POGO workers were able to come to Philippines also. Again late action.
    Because the situation is getting worse thats why we went into lockdown. After 3 weeks and 2nd week of emergency powers, food rasyon have not been delivered or our lacking. PPEs are onky purchase tis week. While private sectors have been purchasing them since day 1 of lockdown.

    The delay of action of this admin is making the situation even harder for everyone.

  2. #182
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,412

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...YY&app=desktop

    Death Toll (neighboring Asean basketball league
    Philippines - 136
    Singapore - 5
    Hongkong - 4
    Thailand - 19
    Vietnam- 0
    Indonesia 181 (prorated to Philippine population 61)
    Taiwan - 5

    So honestly ask yourself is the Philippines response of standard compared to our neightbors? Is this complaining being critical - really- we're talking about life or death here not losses of games ( but even if it were what would you say of the performance of a general manager / coach of a team if he had 136 loses compared to the loss column in those other country teams?
    Last edited by analyzed; 04-04-2020 at 04:01 AM.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  3. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    431
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    The delay in action is the problem. He didn't do the travel ban instead mock the situation even said we are prepared for it. Then last night he said they aren't prepared. January to February, what did the admin do to prepare for virus outbreak. It was about ABS CBN shutdown that they have more concern about.
    The travel ban didn't involved Chinese national that hat has permanent or resident visa and no quarantine at all that. This happen upto March. Pastillas scheme is also alive at this point. So POGO workers were able to come to Philippines also. Again late action.
    Because the situation is getting worse thats why we went into lockdown. After 3 weeks and 2nd week of emergency powers, food rasyon have not been delivered or our lacking. PPEs are onky purchase tis week. While private sectors have been purchasing them since day 1 of lockdown.

    The delay of action of this admin is making the situation even harder for everyone.
    So your also expecting for a 100% satisfaction and perfection...well it's your choice..it's your belief..no argument on my part..now come to think of it...the main reason why this lockdown takes awhile to implement is because there are so many factors to consider..economic side most especially...during that time the gov't. is crafting some measures and they need thorough evaluation all over to make sure the severity are not that high...for me I am not expecting 100% satisfaction lot's of loopholes but we have no choice we have to follow their guidelines...acting like a mean bean spoiled brats in this time of crisis are ain't cool for everyone..as I said the so-called first world countries are currently experiencing the same faith as ours..so many deaths, many of their common citizen are also not 100% satisfied with the way their gov't. are doing but they also had no choice rather they just keep their mouth shut most of the time. Ugali talaga natin mga Filipino ang ganyan kahit noong panahon pa ng revolution 100% reklamador it's in our blood nag hahangad ng perpekto sa mundong ito gusto one snap of the finger abrakadbra andian na.

  4. #184

    Default

    lolz is joy belmonte a member of the interbasket community? lahat ng nag-dissent you're not obliged to avail of her projects for the city daw.

    buhay DDS talaga our way or the highway

    btw

    PM Abe Criticized

    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/02/a...ntl/index.html

    PM Johnson Pressed for More Testing

    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/74945514.cms

    Chinese Youth Beginning to Realize the Communist Party of China is a Piece of [email protected]%

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9432301.html

  5. #185
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,412

    Default

    ^^
    Sorry .. therefor Jose Rizal is a reklamador, at least half of the US is Reklamador , NY mayor is reklamador

    we're far from asking for 100 % performance response , we're just expecting we would be at least at par with our similar neighbors (not 1st world conntries) wag naman kulelat, we deserve better in these times of survival..

    sorry this is the standard required for survival (not satisfaction) - https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBaske...7413376677473/

    the gov't speed is mabagal- (not up to task) - problem is they're running it as regular politcal governenence , not professional crisis managers quick and quality decision making required for survival ( not satisfaction)
    Last edited by analyzed; 04-04-2020 at 05:42 AM.

  6. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    917
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I'm a TAXPAYER. That should count for something. I know it doesn't but it should.

    Though I've not really complained in public or on social media (because I have none) doesn't mean I don't have any right to.

    Sorry bro, I've not seen other countries, especially the 1st worlders, shutting their mouths. I've not seen 1 country still fighting this thing that are satisfied. Korean government had the right idea. If you want the people to shut up then do something that will work to actually lessen the casualties.

    Complaints or complaining have different dregrees and intentions. There are people who complain about Netflix not fast enough, and there are people who complain to exact change in a rotten society or system.

    Of course we want to change most crap things for the better and we can aim for perfection even if we can't reach 100% perfect. The problem with how this was handled at the start was the glaring devil may care attitude.

    And just to add, balancing safety and economy is bullshit if most of our health care professionals are decimated. Not to mention how people are dropping like flies in less than 6 months.

  7. #187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    876
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    The old man already kicked the ass of the guy out of the equation...financial assistance is now on the roll conducting overall verification to avoid duplicate 201 files...PPE's is now on the roll as well...yet it ain't perfect still lot of loopholes...but if some of you guys are expecting for 100% satisfaction and perfection..I can guarantee you will still post your overall disappointment..acting like a mean bean spoiled brats nowadays whether you accept it or not are ain't cool anymore especially now that all nation esp. the so called first world countries are in a big problem.
    Don't worry I agree with you. It's people who think that our economic state and our national mentality (aka CRAB) isn't a problem who are busy blaming the national government for everything. Like asking incessantly where the 200m budget is, when Duterte signed it on March 25. But somehow these complainers never considered that it's their LGUs who are responsible for their part of the budget because all the president has to do is sign.

    Newsflash: instead of complaining because of your partisan politics, contact your LGUs. Pati kami dito late ang ration card, rations, and the barangay card. But why is it a better idea to blame the man hampered by the virus instead of the slow acting LGUs, some of who have stupid ideas like trying to sell off rations? Meron pang isa, kinunek ang Joy Belmonte sa DDS like the Belmontes have been huge Duterte supporters.

    Complaining is a right but it's not productive either unless you provide an alternative. Madali lang kasi magreklamo. Pag may darating na PPE from China, kasi galing China...reklamo. Philippines orders lockdown a few weeks earlier than most countries sans those in east asia...reklamo pa rin. But I don't hear those complaining criticize their dear media men for raising unnecessary panic: who incited the San Roque people again? Who reported that Duterte ordered to shoot EVERY quarantine violator? Who spread that Bong Go raided TMC? And before I forget, in the beginning of the lockdown may reklamo kasi parang Martial Law daw, meron pa yung #BigasHindiBala stupidity, tapos complaints about Mass Testing when every country in the world sans South Korea and China have had insufficient testing kits at that point...I bet you anything our neighbors didn't have to deal with this bullshit. And I don't mean mga pipitsuging oneshot articles, I mean full blown trends on Twitter and national mass media.

    Put your money where your mouth is. Quote your posts, FB or IBN, if you were worried about COVID in January to February because the national govt was apparently too preoccupied with ABSCBN's case, like Duterte was the one who commissioned a Senate hearing. Otherwise, zip your lips and cooperate.

    Of course we're lagging behind other countries in terms of healthcare. Did something worthwhile happen healthcare-wise during the previous admins? Some people here act like they wouldn't behave like this if another person sat on the golden throne. Kahit is Defensor Santiago pa yan, walang magagawa sa COVID because of our inherent unpreparedness.
    Last edited by jasper222; 04-04-2020 at 06:57 AM.

  8. #188
    Senior Member Brown Bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,766
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Hindi bawal ang magreklamo..

    Saw on tv people already received financial assistance but I highly doubt kung walang nag rereklamo derecho sa bulsa yan ng mga politiko. Whether we admit it or not may makukurakot pa din jan. Ang laking pera nyan. Kahit sino pa umupo jan.

    When the first case of corona virus hit us a few months ago our government first reaction was we can't ban chinese nationals coming in because daw magagalit ang china sa atin??? diplomatic tension daw.. ( In my opinion "bayad" ang government natin ) now this is hard to prove. Just keep an open mind, just do not believe kagad kung ano sinasubo sa atin ng gobyerno, pwede namang mag-tanong o mag reklamo.

    If you are an elected official and the highest elected official at that, iba ang standard nyan. Mataas. Look what happen to Koko. Sinabi nya lang " disinfect nyo lang yung dinaanan ko" I read that Koko was actually insisting on his privileges as a Senator, yan ang mga nababasa ko sa mga public personal account ng mga doktor.
    Hindi pa Martial law yan. Plus yung apo ni Duterte na nag cut ng pila, again hindi pa martial law yan, kaya bantay sarado yunh mga concerned citizens sa ganyan. Ofcourse hindi natin maaalis yung opportunistic people in government with their own personal agenda.

    When we voice out things that the government need to act on it does not mean we want the government to fail. I say reklamo pa, nagbabayad kami ng malaking tax so natural lang gawin ng gobyerno yung trabaho nila ng tama,walang labis walang kulang.

  9. #189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    876
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Sana naman may sense ang pagrereklamo. Like criticizing the implementation of the plans and the distribution of the test kits, which is completely fair. Not act like headless chickens at makibaka sa every little nonsense ng mga militante. I don't care if people think Duterte is paid off by China (this doesn't make sense to me but sure ok) but having good relations with them doesn't mean you're their dog. Are UAE and Japan both Chinese dogs as well then? UAE lit up their buildings in the Chinese flag colors and Japan's Abe has tried to warm up to China ever since his term started, tuta din sila?

    This is why partisan politics during a pandemic should be a mortal sin imo. It makes people pay attention to details that don't matter, like where donations come from.

  10. #190

    Default

    the DDS crowd will never admit that this administration has [email protected] up terribly. Of course this fanaticism has something to do with the so-called sunk cost fallacy lelz.

    the Philippines missed the chance to contain the virus during the opening salvo because of the DOH's lack of testing kits despite the 2-month headstart and all the braggadocio. if the agency had only stockpiled at least 40 thousand kits, a feat which is very much doable, it could have easily implemented "find, isolate, test, and treat." what happened was that PUI's and PUM's were not tested for the CCP virus so that their contacts were never properly screened as well. consequently, the virus was able to jump from person to person quickly as the contact tracing simply failed to follow the virus' trail during the initial stages.

    The fact that the US and much of Europe also failed to contain the virus does not excuse the President for his own failure because for someone who thinks that asians are better off without the west, he did not emulate the responses of our neighbors like taiwan, singapore and south korea. but wait, he did pattern our response after the CCP's, a method which is universally being maligned for its non transparency. i hope from now on whenever the president says "asian" he doesn't only mean CCP-China.

    and to those guys who'd rather focus on my lame jokes instead of the serious issues i'm raising here, good on you. i'm practically throwing the DDS a bone so they'll have something to chew on.

    peace guys! We heal as one here because in spite of our political differences, our love for basketball will always unite us in the end.Stay safe!

  11. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    876
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    THE PHILIPPINES WHOLE-OF-GOVERNMENT APPROACH AGAINST COVID-19
    As of March 30, 2020

    No country ever beat COVID on the opening salvo. If that's the definition of [email protected] up, then everyone did. I hate partisan politics during a pandemic, it breeds negativity and nothing else.
    Last edited by jasper222; 04-04-2020 at 10:42 PM.

  12. #192
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,412

    Default

    [QUOTE=jasper222;1353181][B][URL="

    No country ever beat COVID on the opening salvo. If that's the definition of [email protected] up, then everyone did. I hate partisan politics during a pandemic, it breeds negativity and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

    Actually that is the best and only way to beat this virus, attack it early.. those who are prepared and acted fast are successful
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  13. #193

    Default

    "Taiwan's government is staying ahead of the virus, but don’t ascribe it to “Confucian values.” Credit democracy and transparency."

    https://www.wired.com/story/taiwan-i...s-do-the-same/

  14. #194
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,412

    Default

    "Attack hard early", staying ahead.. Quick thinking and decision, these are all the characteristics of a good response
    We've messed up in the biggest and (really only) opportunity to effectively contain this. But
    No point in crying over spilled milk.

    Moving forward..

    We should view increase in positive cases as a good thing, as well as increase of PUI numbers, our high # of deaths point to us not identifying real numbers of infected, unless you identify infected you cannot attack virus effectively, as you don't know where to focus as we're blind

  15. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    612
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    the DDS crowd will never admit that this administration has [email protected] up terribly. Of course this fanaticism has something to do with the so-called sunk cost fallacy lelz.

    the Philippines missed the chance to contain the virus during the opening salvo because of the DOH's lack of testing kits despite the 2-month headstart and all the braggadocio. if the agency had only stockpiled at least 40 thousand kits, a feat which is very much doable, it could have easily implemented "find, isolate, test, and treat." what happened was that PUI's and PUM's were not tested for the CCP virus so that their contacts were never properly screened as well. consequently, the virus was able to jump from person to person quickly as the contact tracing simply failed to follow the virus' trail during the initial stages.

    The fact that the US and much of Europe also failed to contain the virus does not excuse the President for his own failure because for someone who thinks that asians are better off without the west, he did not emulate the responses of our neighbors like taiwan, singapore and south korea. but wait, he did pattern our response after the CCP's, a method which is universally being maligned for its non transparency. i hope from now on whenever the president says "asian" he doesn't only mean CCP-China.

    and to those guys who'd rather focus on my lame jokes instead of the serious issues i'm raising here, good on you. i'm practically throwing the DDS a bone so they'll have something to chew on.

    peace guys! We heal as one here because in spite of our political differences, our love for basketball will always unite us in the end.Stay safe!
    wow he did not emulate singapore or the countries you cited response? the country banned chinese flights just days after singapore did. what was allowed during those times were pinoys coming home from china. chinese citizens were not allowed to enter.

    are those kits you want readily available last feb? did we even have the capability to even make the test? remember the 2 chinese citizens samples were sent to australia because we do not have the kits yet nor the capability to do the test. getting the sample from the person is not a test kit the test kit itself. and how can we stockpile when it is not yet mass produced? also remember the admin was following what WHO's recommendation. are you better than WHO?

    mga wokes talaga experts in any field

  16. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    612
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barok espinoza View Post
    the DDS crowd will never admit that this administration has [email protected] up terribly. Of course this fanaticism has something to do with the so-called sunk cost fallacy lelz.

    the Philippines missed the chance to contain the virus during the opening salvo because of the DOH's lack of testing kits despite the 2-month headstart and all the braggadocio. if the agency had only stockpiled at least 40 thousand kits, a feat which is very much doable, it could have easily implemented "find, isolate, test, and treat." what happened was that PUI's and PUM's were not tested for the CCP virus so that their contacts were never properly screened as well. consequently, the virus was able to jump from person to person quickly as the contact tracing simply failed to follow the virus' trail during the initial stages.

    The fact that the US and much of Europe also failed to contain the virus does not excuse the President for his own failure because for someone who thinks that asians are better off without the west, he did not emulate the responses of our neighbors like taiwan, singapore and south korea. but wait, he did pattern our response after the CCP's, a method which is universally being maligned for its non transparency. i hope from now on whenever the president says "asian" he doesn't only mean CCP-China.

    and to those guys who'd rather focus on my lame jokes instead of the serious issues i'm raising here, good on you. i'm practically throwing the DDS a bone so they'll have something to chew on.

    peace guys! We heal as one here because in spite of our political differences, our love for basketball will always unite us in the end.Stay safe!
    wow he did not emulate singapore or the countries you cited response? the country banned chinese flights just days after singapore did. what was allowed during those times were pinoys coming home from china. chinese citizens were not allowed to enter.

    are those kits you want readily available last feb? did we even have the capability to even make the test? remember the 2 chinese citizens samples were sent to australia because we do not have the kits yet nor the capability to do the test. getting the sample from the person is not the test kit itself. and how can we stockpile when it is not yet mass produced? also remember the admin was following what WHO's recommendation. are you better than WHO?

    mga wokes talaga experts in any field

  17. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by balong View Post
    wow he did not emulate singapore or the countries you cited response? the country banned chinese flights just days after singapore did. what was allowed during those times were pinoys coming home from china. chinese citizens were not allowed to enter.

    are those kits you want readily available last feb? did we even have the capability to even make the test? remember the 2 chinese citizens samples were sent to australia because we do not have the kits yet nor the capability to do the test. getting the sample from the person is not the test kit itself. and how can we stockpile when it is not yet mass produced? also remember the admin was following what WHO's recommendation. are you better than WHO?

    mga wokes talaga experts in any field
    They allowed foreigners with permanent and resident visa to enter even after the travel ban. That includes Chinese coming from Mainland. Remember also, the pastillas scheme that continue to happen even in February. The worst is no quarantine even for OFWs upon arriving even coming from effected countries. Here is a link of chinese coming from Mainland china in March

    https://youtu.be/foJjeMnYxcs

  18. #198
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    3,899

    Default

    US President Trump wants sports leagues to resume sooner than later.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

  19. #199
    Senior Member analyzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    They allowed foreigners with permanent and resident visa to enter even after the travel ban. That includes Chinese coming from Mainland. Remember also, the pastillas scheme that continue to happen even in February. The worst is no quarantine even for OFWs upon arriving even coming from effected countries. Here is a link of chinese coming from Mainland china in March

    https://youtu.be/foJjeMnYxcs
    The passengers who entered above are actually the ones who caused the biggest infection and outbreak.
    So whatever restrictions the government announced had really no affect to what really matterded. Without meaningful execution it has no value.

    Essentially we lost the battle right there.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

  20. #200
    Senior Member THE_GOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    175
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Been reading this thread since it started, ilang araw narin ako nagpipigil sumali sa discussion because this is not the time to to argue who is right or wrong sa ganitong panahon dapat isantabi muna natin politics, like one poster said go criticise, yes let's criticise all we want, let's make noise so the government will hear us BUT please tigilan niyo politika kahit ngayon Lang may crisis puro destabilize parin nasa isip ng mga pa woke! if this government fails lulubog tayo lahat walang mananalo.

    Anyway why this foreigner whining? From basketball genius to a health expert ah ibang klase idol talaga!

    Di Naman ako nagpapanggap na expert Gaya Ng iba but for me opinion ko lang it's too early to say who and which country winning the battle vs this virus, we all know those 1st world country got hit hard so far.

    Korea and Japan they are ahead containing this virus but until now nadadagdagan parin cases nila, lalo na Japan after Olympics cancellation bigla bumilis pagtaas cases nila...this is scary for sign for me kala ko nacontrol na nila virus.

    Sa Singapore Lang ako naniniwala na controlado na tlga nila virus, small country but very rich and very dicipline pa tao.

    Other counties in South Asia like thailand, Indonesia and malaysia are they really telling the truth about the numbers of cases? Are they really better than Korea and Japan when containing the virus? This countries had much much more tourist arrival compare to our country, and naguumpisa palang sila mag lockdown...

    The only hope I can think of and I'm wishing that this virus really indeed hates the climate here in South East Asia. I watch CNN Philippines few days a go they interviewing a Filipino Doctor who is a Corona virus expert, he said the past Corona viruses generally hates warmer weather, but no scientific evidence pa that covid 19 is the same, so dasal muna Lang tayo and mag iingat at palakasin Ang immune system.

    If may sisihin tayo bat kumalat virus na to is the WHO they failed miserably!
    Last edited by THE_GOAT; 04-05-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •