This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allmight View Post
    Italy is pushing to make Chinese govt pay for war crimes reparation. How can they do this if ever? Is there a process and is UN involved?
    for starters, italy can renege on its "belt and road initiative" obligations. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47640196
    but i don't think the west has the balls to stand up to the chinese communist party now. na-infiltrate na kasi. the CCP has won without firing a single shot.

if there are nations the CCP is paranoid about, it's india and japan. trifecta of terror sana if philippines was a military power and still allied with the west. that's why the philippines is a strategic victory for the CCP. we lost to them in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by allmight View Post
      Italy is pushing to make Chinese govt pay for war crimes reparation. How can they do this if ever? Is there a process and is UN involved?
      Source pls. I’ve come across US filing a $20T lawsuit but this one is news to me.
      Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
        Source pls. I’ve come across US filing a $20T lawsuit but this one is news to me.
        Oh no, I'm not sure either. That's why I'm asking here.

But I did saw this article by an Italian journalist based in South Asia where they're also pissed at the current Chinese regime.

Comment

If you look at it. Our mortality rate against this disease is pretty high. I do my own calculation and based on my calculation, for every 7 recoveries we have, there are also 13 deaths. 7:13 is a bad ratio in so many levels.
          Attack
          defend
          Unite

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post
            If you look at it. Our mortality rate against this disease is pretty high. I do my own calculation and based on my calculation, for every 7 recoveries we have, there are also 13 deaths. 7:13 is a bad ratio in so many levels.
            the ratio will soon stabilize as it takes time for people who are infected to recover. what is more alarming is the ratio of doctor-patient deaths. we have already lost a dozen doctors against 78 patient deaths. that's 15 doctors dying for every 100 patient deaths. obviously, we cannot afford for this trend to continue as we'll be out of doctors before we even reach our peak.

Comment

True. Generally it takes longer to recover than to die of this virus. Not to mention the fact even if the patient is already symptoms-free, he should still be observed for a while before being medically cleared. There are already reports of reinfections (cleared only to test positive again) but it is still inconclusive whether it were really a case of reinfection or simply erroneous testing/testing kits that yielded false negatives.

Comment

Also alarming is that we are seemingly overwhelmed already, and its just a thousand cases. The worst is yet to come but the rate our hospitals are doing, we are looking at an even higher mortality rate than what the initial figures are showing.

And why are our health workers being discriminated and maltreated by the general public? What ignorance...! I understand people are afraid but the least they could do is let these frontliners be, if they couldn’t be of any help. There were even reports of assault when one nurse was attacked and poured bleach. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                  Also alarming is that we are seemingly overwhelmed already, and its just a thousand cases. The worst is yet to come but the rate our hospitals are doing, we are looking at an even higher mortality rate than what the initial figures are showing.

And why are our health workers being discriminated and maltreated by the general public? What ignorance...! I understand people are afraid but the least they could do is let these frontliners be, if they couldn’t be of any help. There were even reports of assault when one nurse was attacked and poured bleach. Smh
                  There are also reports of forced evictions.. first sign of trouble and people lose their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                    There are also reports of forced evictions.. first sign of trouble and people lose their heads.
                    Care to elaborate on "forced evictions"?

Comment

• maybe ms emily willis was referring to this news:
                      https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...artment/story/

Comment

• There are frontline workers who were supposedly forced by their landlords and other tenants to move out of their units.

Comment

• Hirap din kasi ng sitwasyon sa mga apartments, dorms, room for rents. Can't really point an accusing finger because the risk of infection is really high. Buti sana kung isang tao, isang bahay, isang banyo. Otherwise, I understand where these people are coming from.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                            Hirap din kasi ng sitwasyon sa mga apartments, dorms, room for rents. Can't really point an accusing finger because the risk of infection is really high. Buti sana kung isang tao, isang bahay, isang banyo. Otherwise, I understand where these people are coming from.
                            Yeah but our healthcare workers don't really have a choice.. most are just minimum wage workers who can't afford better housing. Heck our maid's salary used to higher than mine even without deductions. And that's after 6 months of "training" aka free labor. In one institution I even paid 30k back then to train for 3 months and a chance to work for them after.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                              Yeah but our healthcare workers don't really have a choice.. most are just minimum wage workers who can't afford better housing. Heck our maid's salary used to higher than mine even without deductions. And that's after 6 months of "training" aka free labor. In one institution I even paid 30k back then to train for 3 months and a chance to work for them after.
                              I understand this dilemma. This really isn’t anybody’s fault. We are all victims of the situation. I hope people can find ways to calm themselves and treat each other as allies with Covid19 as the common foe. I know, easier said than done.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                                You're a modern day hero, kudos to you, we owe our gratitude , keep up good work.. can u message me, i really want to help our frontline
                                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information