This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barok espinoza View Post
    the DDS crowd will never admit that this administration has f@cked up terribly. Of course this fanaticism has something to do with the so-called sunk cost fallacy lelz.

the Philippines missed the chance to contain the virus during the opening salvo because of the DOH's lack of testing kits despite the 2-month headstart and all the braggadocio. if the agency had only stockpiled at least 40 thousand kits, a feat which is very much doable, it could have easily implemented "find, isolate, test, and treat." what happened was that PUI's and PUM's were not tested for the CCP virus so that their contacts were never properly screened as well. consequently, the virus was able to jump from person to person quickly as the contact tracing simply failed to follow the virus' trail during the initial stages.

The fact that the US and much of Europe also failed to contain the virus does not excuse the President for his own failure because for someone who thinks that asians are better off without the west, he did not emulate the responses of our neighbors like taiwan, singapore and south korea. but wait, he did pattern our response after the CCP's, a method which is universally being maligned for its non transparency. i hope from now on whenever the president says "asian" he doesn't only mean CCP-China.

and to those guys who'd rather focus on my lame jokes instead of the serious issues i'm raising here, good on you. i'm practically throwing the DDS a bone so they'll have something to chew on.

peace guys! We heal as one here because in spite of our political differences, our love for basketball will always unite us in the end.Stay safe!
    wow he did not emulate singapore or the countries you cited response? the country banned chinese flights just days after singapore did. what was allowed during those times were pinoys coming home from china. chinese citizens were not allowed to enter.

are those kits you want readily available last feb? did we even have the capability to even make the test? remember the 2 chinese citizens samples were sent to australia because we do not have the kits yet nor the capability to do the test. getting the sample from the person is not the test kit itself. and how can we stockpile when it is not yet mass produced? also remember the admin was following what WHO's recommendation. are you better than WHO?

mga wokes talaga experts in any field

Comment

• Originally posted by balong View Post
      wow he did not emulate singapore or the countries you cited response? the country banned chinese flights just days after singapore did. what was allowed during those times were pinoys coming home from china. chinese citizens were not allowed to enter.

are those kits you want readily available last feb? did we even have the capability to even make the test? remember the 2 chinese citizens samples were sent to australia because we do not have the kits yet nor the capability to do the test. getting the sample from the person is not the test kit itself. and how can we stockpile when it is not yet mass produced? also remember the admin was following what WHO's recommendation. are you better than WHO?

mga wokes talaga experts in any field
      They allowed foreigners with permanent and resident visa to enter even after the travel ban. That includes Chinese coming from Mainland. Remember also, the pastillas scheme that continue to happen even in February. The worst is no quarantine even for OFWs upon arriving even coming from effected countries. Here is a link of chinese coming from Mainland china in March

Comment

• US President Trump wants sports leagues to resume sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
          They allowed foreigners with permanent and resident visa to enter even after the travel ban. That includes Chinese coming from Mainland. Remember also, the pastillas scheme that continue to happen even in February. The worst is no quarantine even for OFWs upon arriving even coming from effected countries. Here is a link of chinese coming from Mainland china in March

https://youtu.be/foJjeMnYxcs
          The passengers who entered above are actually the ones who caused the biggest infection and outbreak.
          So whatever restrictions the government announced had really no affect to what really matterded. Without meaningful execution it has no value.

Essentially we lost the battle right there.
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Been reading this thread since it started, ilang araw narin ako nagpipigil sumali sa discussion because this is not the time to to argue who is right or wrong sa ganitong panahon dapat isantabi muna natin politics, like one poster said go criticise, yes let's criticise all we want, let's make noise so the government will hear us BUT please tigilan niyo politika kahit ngayon Lang may crisis puro destabilize parin nasa isip ng mga pa woke! if this government fails lulubog tayo lahat walang mananalo.

Anyway why this foreigner whining? From basketball genius to a health expert ah ibang klase idol talaga!

Di Naman ako nagpapanggap na expert Gaya Ng iba but for me opinion ko lang it's too early to say who and which country winning the battle vs this virus, we all know those 1st world country got hit hard so far.

Korea and Japan they are ahead containing this virus but until now nadadagdagan parin cases nila, lalo na Japan after Olympics cancellation bigla bumilis pagtaas cases nila...this is scary for sign for me kala ko nacontrol na nila virus.

Sa Singapore Lang ako naniniwala na controlado na tlga nila virus, small country but very rich and very dicipline pa tao.

Other counties in South Asia like thailand, Indonesia and malaysia are they really telling the truth about the numbers of cases? Are they really better than Korea and Japan when containing the virus? This countries had much much more tourist arrival compare to our country, and naguumpisa palang sila mag lockdown...

The only hope I can think of and I'm wishing that this virus really indeed hates the climate here in South East Asia. I watch CNN Philippines few days a go they interviewing a Filipino Doctor who is a Corona virus expert, he said the past Corona viruses generally hates warmer weather, but no scientific evidence pa that covid 19 is the same, so dasal muna Lang tayo and mag iingat at palakasin Ang immune system.

If may sisihin tayo bat kumalat virus na to is the WHO they failed miserably!
            Last edited by THE_GOAT; 04-05-2020, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
              US President Trump wants sports leagues to resume sooner than later.
              Yes bc Trump is an idiot and a psychopath. Typical whole who got all his success by virtue of his last name.

Comment

• From Europe to South America, U.S. allies are complaining about the superpower's "Wild West" tactics in outbidding or blocking shipments to buyers who have already signed deals for vital medical supplies.

US allies denounce country’s strong-arm tactics to procure masks for coronavirus fight
                Originally posted by PeeZones
                Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• I am also not 100% satisfied with the way things are going but instead of posting my discontentment acting like a spoiled brat kid wanting to have all the things I want based on my expectations, well I'm not that kind because I know and I'm aware that we are not the only one had a problem like this. I doubt about the data about Vietnam and other Asian neighbors, I don't rely to much on press releases e.g. media, print or on-line, if their Gov't. dictates that no news related to this pandemic must be provided to all media platform for reading consumption they will do so, that is why I really doubt if their no cases at all at Vietnam, it's a communist country and when their gov't. barks, all of them must listen otherwise prepare yourself, same with North Korea and China..it's a news blackout out there..as for the other Asian and Asean countries there are sill a lot of un reported cases mind you...magaling lang talaga sila magtago ng buong katotohanan, hindi katulad natin mga Filipino masyado tayo kasi tayo pabida sa social media lahat gusto i-feed for reading consumption, we think posting our displeasure, discontentment and dis likeness on the current government is a cool thing to do, little did we know that other races are really convinced that we Filipinos are very good in complaining all the time, puro tayo reklamo at hindi ma kunteto sa lahat ng bagay, we keep on yanking that we are in a Democratic country and it's our thing to speak our mind but little did we know that too much Democracy are not good at all, look at those people from many barangays and town, they think it's a bakasyon grande, may nag iinuman pa rin sa kalsada, may nagmo motor pagala gala lang ang purpose, may nagba basketball sa mga kanto, may nagbi videoke, ang mga bata sige pa rin laro sa kalsada, tambay mode here and there sa labas, tsismisan magkakapit-bahay sa gilid ng kalsada..it's a cat and mouse scenario, if they sees that some barangay officials with a megaphone starts barking on the device reminding their constituents to observe strictly stay inside your home sabay sabay pasok sa loob pero pag umalis na at wala na, hayan na naman tuloy ang happenings, it's vacation time and summertime out there at pag gabi naman those young lads with their respective girlfriends walang paki alam kung curfew hours na, they just strolling around, clowning around and poor barangay tanods they cannot outrun nor outsprint these youngsters..matitigas lang talaga ulo natin, it's in our culture.

Being influence, fascinated and inspired by the previous administrations is a choice to all of us, we have our own option to grab..it's your freedom to select, so be it..as I said to my previous posted item, there are no such thing as 100% percent perfect gov't. on this planet run by men..even the current government of the so-called first world countries are having a headache and sleepless night on how to contain this super strain as of the moment...lot's of casualties because of this virus..it's still in the hundreds and the momentum are still there.

Comment

• Some good insight, the IATF projections of around 500 deaths seems about right, whether this is good or bad compared to our neighbours is actually irrelevant.. What we should focus on are the proven practices supporting with evidence base data. And what to avoid.

It isn't rocket science, to know that restriction of people movement especially from high rate infected areas (Italy, China) etc, and from clusters in the community is the most effective way of containment.
                    Testing without solutions of physical isolation from those tested and surveillance will not be effective.
                    Abs CbN article says we lack simple data (even location) this is surveillance data and is a must to decide and execute properly. (otherwise we're blind)

All of these things are discussed in the article.

It is obvious we're playing catch up and really scrabbling (admittedly like many Western & 1st World countries)

Really praying for wisdom for our leaders - there really is great need for very quick, expert and good decision making and execution. The challenge is enormous

A lot of proven practices are discussed here https://www.thenation.com/article/wo...navirus-china/
                    Last edited by analyzed; 04-05-2020, 10:13 AM.
                    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Spain dislodges Italy with the 2nd most COVID-19 infections in the World. USA still with the most infections.

Italy leads with the most casualties with around 15,000 deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                        Spain dislodges Italy with the 2nd most COVID-19 infections in the World. USA still with the most infections.

Italy leads with the most casualties with around 15,000 deaths.
                        There is one common characteristic between those countries (include France (1k deaths other day) and NY (specifically), and that is the volume of international travel with very little Covid 19 screening at borders in place.

The same characteristic is consistent with cases everywhere in the world, it is high linkage of travellers from overseas. It is not the nationality of the travellers but the locations where theyve travelled to (look at cruise ships) in many cases it is the returning citizens (balikbayan) that is causing the spread, with is logical cause unlike tourist they rejoin their families, (so very high constant contact

Comment

• While may be under reporting I believe Vietnam has done a good Covit19 response
                          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Govt has a lot to do with effectivness

The point of comparison is not for criticism, but we need to learn fast what works and apply ASAP

It's really isolation and contact tracing survelience steps. (Vietnam does not have many test kits)

Comment

• Jokowi admits to Indonesia fudging numbers and there's some suspicion Vietnam is too.

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has admitted that he was deliberately holding back some information on COVID-19 cases to prevent the public from panicking.

Comment

• Kudos to the government sa ayuda. But me thinks kung walang nagrereklamo walang matatanggap ang mga tao. Correct me if i’m wrong other countries are giving financial assistance too?

Guys remember what our gov’t official said nung nagkaroon tayo ng first case ng corona virus.

Sec. Duque: We can’t ban them chinese because of diplomatic tension it may cause?
                              Really inuna pa kapakanan kung ano sasabihin sa atin ng mga intsik?

Panelo: Just boost your immune system.

Digong: Tanginang Veerus yan hahaha!

Now, Digong recently fired a gov’t official for wanting to question Robredo. Plus point for Digong.

I would like to believe that our country is doing quite well. I am all for extending the quarantine and hoping that those in really need of aid would be given priority

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
                                Jokowi admits to Indonesia fudging numbers and there's some suspicion Vietnam is too.

ml[/url]
                                From article I posted https://www.ft.com/content/0cc3c956-...f-41bea055720b
                                As elsewhere in south-east Asia with limited testing, the true number of cases is probably much higher than reported. But Vietnam’s response has still been impressive.

On February 13, Vietnam became the first country after China to seal off a large residential area

Agresive physical isolation and contract tracing

Again it is not to criticise but to learn fast on what does not work and what does..
                                Taiwan, Vietnam, Singapore, Korea, Japan while probably not reporting full extent are really more prepared, experience and have better governance leadership

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information