Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 Updates

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    US President Trump wants sports leagues to resume sooner than later.
    Yes bc Trump is an idiot and a psychopath. Typical whole who got all his success by virtue of his last name.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200404...onavirus-fight

US allies denounce country’s strong-arm tactics to procure masks for coronavirus fight

I am also not 100% satisfied with the way things are going but instead of posting my discontentment acting like a spoiled brat kid wanting to have all the things I want based on my expectations, well I'm not that kind because I know and I'm aware that we are not the only one had a problem like this. I doubt about the data about Vietnam and other Asian neighbors, I don't rely to much on press releases e.g. media, print or on-line, if their Gov't. dictates that no news related to this pandemic must be provided to all media platform for reading consumption they will do so, that is why I really doubt if their no cases at all at Vietnam, it's a communist country and when their gov't. barks, all of them must listen otherwise prepare yourself, same with North Korea and China..it's a news blackout out there..as for the other Asian and Asean countries there are sill a lot of un reported cases mind you...magaling lang talaga sila magtago ng buong katotohanan, hindi katulad natin mga Filipino masyado tayo kasi tayo pabida sa social media lahat gusto i-feed for reading consumption, we think posting our displeasure, discontentment and dis likeness on the current government is a cool thing to do, little did we know that other races are really convinced that we Filipinos are very good in complaining all the time, puro tayo reklamo at hindi ma kunteto sa lahat ng bagay, we keep on yanking that we are in a Democratic country and it's our thing to speak our mind but little did we know that too much Democracy are not good at all, look at those people from many barangays and town, they think it's a bakasyon grande, may nag iinuman pa rin sa kalsada, may nagmo motor pagala gala lang ang purpose, may nagba basketball sa mga kanto, may nagbi videoke, ang mga bata sige pa rin laro sa kalsada, tambay mode here and there sa labas, tsismisan magkakapit-bahay sa gilid ng kalsada..it's a cat and mouse scenario, if they sees that some barangay officials with a megaphone starts barking on the device reminding their constituents to observe strictly stay inside your home sabay sabay pasok sa loob pero pag umalis na at wala na, hayan na naman tuloy ang happenings, it's vacation time and summertime out there at pag gabi naman those young lads with their respective girlfriends walang paki alam kung curfew hours na, they just strolling around, clowning around and poor barangay tanods they cannot outrun nor outsprint these youngsters..matitigas lang talaga ulo natin, it's in our culture.

Being influence, fascinated and inspired by the previous administrations is a choice to all of us, we have our own option to grab..it's your freedom to select, so be it..as I said to my previous posted item, there are no such thing as 100% percent perfect gov't. on this planet run by men..even the current government of the so-called first world countries are having a headache and sleepless night on how to contain this super strain as of the moment...lot's of casualties because of this virus..it's still in the hundreds and the momentum are still there.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/04/03/...tten-the-curve

Some good insight, the IATF projections of around 500 deaths seems about right, whether this is good or bad compared to our neighbours is actually irrelevant.. What we should focus on are the proven practices supporting with evidence base data. And what to avoid.

It isn't rocket science, to know that restriction of people movement especially from high rate infected areas (Italy, China) etc, and from clusters in the community is the most effective way of containment.
    Testing without solutions of physical isolation from those tested and surveillance will not be effective.
    Abs CbN article says we lack simple data (even location) this is surveillance data and is a must to decide and execute properly. (otherwise we're blind)

All of these things are discussed in the article.

It is obvious we're playing catch up and really scrabbling (admittedly like many Western & 1st World countries)

Really praying for wisdom for our leaders - there really is great need for very quick, expert and good decision making and execution. The challenge is enormous

A lot of proven practices are discussed here https://www.thenation.com/article/wo...navirus-china/
    Last edited by analyzed; 04-05-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Spain dislodges Italy with the 2nd most COVID-19 infections in the World. USA still with the most infections.

Italy leads with the most casualties with around 15,000 deaths.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    Spain dislodges Italy with the 2nd most COVID-19 infections in the World. USA still with the most infections.

Italy leads with the most casualties with around 15,000 deaths.
    There is one common characteristic between those countries (include France (1k deaths other day) and NY (specifically), and that is the volume of international travel with very little Covid 19 screening at borders in place.

The same characteristic is consistent with cases everywhere in the world, it is high linkage of travellers from overseas. It is not the nationality of the travellers but the locations where theyve travelled to (look at cruise ships) in many cases it is the returning citizens (balikbayan) that is causing the spread, with is logical cause unlike tourist they rejoin their families, (so very high constant contact

While may be under reporting I believe Vietnam has done a good Covit19 response
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...03941?sfnsn=mo

Govt has a lot to do with effectivness
    https://www.ft.com/content/0cc3c956-...f-41bea055720b

The point of comparison is not for criticism, but we need to learn fast what works and apply ASAP

It's really isolation and contact tracing survelience steps. (Vietnam does not have many test kits)

Jokowi admits to Indonesia fudging numbers and there's some suspicion Vietnam is too.

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has admitted that he was deliberately holding back some information on COVID-19 cases to prevent the public from panicking.
    https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...vid-cases.html

Kudos to the government sa ayuda. But me thinks kung walang nagrereklamo walang matatanggap ang mga tao. Correct me if i’m wrong other countries are giving financial assistance too?

Guys remember what our gov’t official said nung nagkaroon tayo ng first case ng corona virus.

Sec. Duque: We can’t ban them chinese because of diplomatic tension it may cause?
    Really inuna pa kapakanan kung ano sasabihin sa atin ng mga intsik?

Panelo: Just boost your immune system.

Digong: Tanginang Veerus yan hahaha!

Now, Digong recently fired a gov’t official for wanting to question Robredo. Plus point for Digong.

I would like to believe that our country is doing quite well. I am all for extending the quarantine and hoping that those in really need of aid would be given priority

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    Jokowi admits to Indonesia fudging numbers and there's some suspicion Vietnam is too.

ml[/url]
    From article I posted https://www.ft.com/content/0cc3c956-...f-41bea055720b
    As elsewhere in south-east Asia with limited testing, the true number of cases is probably much higher than reported. But Vietnam’s response has still been impressive.

On February 13, Vietnam became the first country after China to seal off a large residential area

Agresive physical isolation and contract tracing

Again it is not to criticise but to learn fast on what does not work and what does..
    Taiwan, Vietnam, Singapore, Korea, Japan while probably not reporting full extent are really more prepared, experience and have better governance leadership
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Well..different Asian Leaders/President has it's own way to make things looks cool for their constituents..kanya kanyang diskarte lang yan to avoid social panicking on their part..Vietnam being a communist country alongside North Korea and China, they control their media and their whole people not to speak to much and they are trained for that...as for the other Asean nation like Thailand, Brunei..with South Asian countries like India, Pakistan among others..you cannot get all the information for reading consumption....sinong magaling magtago kung ano talaga ang nangyayari on the ground to make them cool in the eyes of many, Well, we cannot argue with that..it's like mind your own backyard I don't need to divulge all the information(you want) about my house..ganun lang un.

NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    I am also not 100% satisfied with the way things are going but instead of posting my discontentment acting like a spoiled brat kid wanting to have all the things I want based on my expectations, well I'm not that kind because I know and I'm aware that we are not the only one had a problem like this.
    Not dying is the only expectation here in the Philippines. Isn't that a low bar? I'm curious if you still live here.

Also Singapore:

Fitch Solutions: “The Philippines is a little bit better off compared to others just because there were measures put in place pretty early on, so I’m thinking Indonesia which really didn’t put those measures in place and now it’s got a pretty staggering number of not only cases but deaths.

The Philippines, in the context of the financial market, is still doing quite well. We haven’t seen the impact of the Luzon shutdown yet. Right now, we are expecting the Philippines to grow by 4%.

The Philippines, once most of this is over, will be able to recover at a much faster rate than many other ASEAN countries.”
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=531414714184552

https://www.wired.com/story/the-asia...o-do-it-again/

Must for a response plan to be effective
    1. Testing approach - should not rely on people with symtoms or VIPs coming forward requesting for a test - plan should aggressively seek out who to target in the community (asymptomatic) to strategically identify positives to be forced isolated and negatives who can be deployed to be productive (can create bubbles of community who can continue business productivity)

2. Physical Isolation facilities for those awaiting test results and positive. Where are the 3.6k positive staying? Homes right? Voluntary free to decide like Koko on what isolate means (this won't work)
    3.Clear communication to public on where to go for testing - it cannot be the normal hospital! They have to be Covit designed centers where reception is protected to receive them and triaged

4. Absolutely no border entry without going straight to testing and isolation covid areas. Includes protected transport

None of the above are planned and implemented in the Philippines in a meaningful way.. Lock down and even mass testing measures while better than nothing will have limited success unless the above are put in place. That is the preparedness level required (lessons learned from others), especially given the volume of spread in the NCR ( estimate infection 20k plus)

https://youtu.be/4X-KkQeMMSQ

Bill Gates - In US 50% tested are the wrong people to test - in Philippines could be higher - Need a testing prioritisation plan in place (survelience testing - which isn't being done yet at all in some countries)

Meanwhile let's here from another leader on preparedness
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...02&d=null&vh=i
    Last edited by analyzed; 04-08-2020 at 02:29 AM.

I honestly believe that President's heart is always in the right place. I don't care's about his abrasiveness and all that. He's really good to his freinds and allies. But some of his allies are more dangerous than merely irritating. Like the one's who like to sipsip sometimes overreach and get the pres in trouble.

This is actually correct, positive cases is very meaningless number or metric. That does not tell you the extent of the real problem, China for example may have 8k but it has 1.5 billion people, NZ has 1k but has 50k test and only 10 needing hospital, Philippines only has 4k but almost 200 deaths with hospitals overloaded and just 25k test.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ingless-metric

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    2. Physical Isolation facilities for those awaiting test results and positive. Where are the 3.6k positive staying? Homes right? Voluntary free to decide like Koko on what isolate means (this won't work)

None of the above are planned and implemented in the Philippines in a meaningful way.. Lock down and even mass testing measures while better than nothing will have limited success unless the above are put in place. That is the preparedness level required (lessons learned from others), especially given the volume of spread in the NCR ( estimate infection 20k plus)
    I don't know about the others but this isn't true. Aren't NCC and Philippine Arena being fitted to admit COVID patients? Puro ka preparedness level yet Singapore itself has said we were one of the faster countries.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
    I don't know about the others but this isn't true. Aren't NCC and Philippine Arena being fitted to admit COVID patients? Puro ka preparedness level yet Singapore itself has said we were one of the faster countries.
    Even in our place, isolation facilities are put and being put in place.

I actually have a lot to contest with a lot of posts here but I opted to just keep mum and let people be either uninformed or misinformed. It is not worth it.

What I can say is everything's much easier and simpler from a kibitzer's standpoint. For one, you don't know the details and circumstances on every issue. More importantly, your "what should have" ideas are not really crucial decisions that have its corresponding repercursions and limitations.

I have my own criticisms about how things are going but overall, I am optimistic about the measures that were put in place. If other nations have the same positive sentiments, I don't see why shouldn't we. What I am not optimistic about is the citizens continuously downplaying the threat and trying their best to con the authorities and go on with their happy go lucky ways. My policeman cousin is frustrated with how hard-headed people can be. Nakakaawa na rin sila. The media goes in frenzy with the abuses these men in uniform commit but seem to be nonchalant when it is the other way around. They are abused as well by feeling previledged and entitled citizens, and are being ambushed and shot to death by rebels while on humanitarian missions. I don't condone their inhumane acts but in general sense, I can see where the frustration is coming from.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast