Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 Updates

how true that japan got some breakthrough against covid19

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    With emphasis to “can”. Not unless we have a tangible proof, we are assuming here.

Never really liked Robredo but this is the second time I’m giving her props with how well she responded to this crisis. Not really a novelty (prestigious Italian designers like Gucci and Armani have been making and providing health workers PPEs for quite a while now) but still a commendable initiative on her part. I don’t see anything wrong with copying means and measures that work, like what Sotto and Gatchalian seem to be into, as long as in the end it benefits the people.
    It still does not remove the fact that there is a conflict of interest that cabinet members' businesses are winning the bids for government projects. That is outright corruption.

And honestly, LGUs and the Office of the Vice President have been more proactive than Malacañang itself...even with emergency powers, nothing is really done in urgency. Even private corporations have made the national government look inept.

^
    I think at this point , it's the priviate or independent initiatives just like Thailand that can potentially flattened the curb

"That’s a huge task. How did you begin?

We created our own world, separate from the government’s policy debates, press conferences, and daily updates. We are only interested in practical solutions."

The prosposed appraoch of the gov't while in theory is the right thing to do can not be practially excuted given the figures we have currently.

The enhances quaranteen is too late (given the projection of really infected (around 75K) and it's actually excution is different from China.. Philippines population and infrastructure and systems to execute is not the same (we can't build hostpitals in 10 days or go door to door and force people into isolation in a seperate facility that can accomodate them exclusively for Covit

https://www.rappler.com/nation/25624...box=1585401387
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashoka/.../#5331fd2f3abe

one approach that will be helpful is to enforece everyone in public to wear mask , not to protect themselves , but from possibly spreading the virus themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    It still does not remove the fact that there is a conflict of interest that cabinet members' businesses are winning the bids for government projects. That is outright corruption.

And honestly, LGUs and the Office of the Vice President have been more proactive than Malacañang itself...even with emergency powers, nothing is really done in urgency. Even private corporations have made the national government look inept.
    That seems to the industry practice.. the Philippines is a 3rd world country afterall.

We only got less than 1500 cases so far and our hospitals supply of PPEs is almost depleted already. The JCI accredited hospitals have stopped accepting patients. The ECQ better work

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post

I’ve already acknowledged that, we all know that, but thats besides the point. We’re going in circles if all you have to say is conflict of interest.

I’d reserve my comments re Malacanang. My only hope is that they speed up the distribution of the monetary aid. Maybe that would help them make more people stay at home. Too many people still not taking this seriously. Maybe because the numbers are still low. Tsk
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Check out this Ted Talks 2015 by Bill Gates about a next outbreak .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    This emanated from a live feed by an Italian pharmacist residing in Japan, if it is Avigan you’re referring to. He was interviewed regarding that post, and what he said was inconclusive. He only said it MAY help in combatting the virus. If that’s the case, then so are other pharmaceuticals already in the market. Bottom line, whether one government decides it is worth the experimentation is totally their call.

For me, I’d take a cue from the Zuckerberg Chan Gates research work who are doing this on a wider, more intricate scale, rather than someone who might be out there just looking for views and likes.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    We are already now reaching out to Japan.

Italy is pushing to make Chinese govt pay for war crimes reparation. How can they do this if ever? Is there a process and is UN involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    We are already now reaching out to Japan.
    We hope it’s really effective. Since there really is no cure for this, the only resort is experimentation. No choice. If they could get some help from Germany where mortality rate is low for such huge sample size (57k cases as of yesterday), that’d be great as well. I think the WHO already launched a unified, international database or maybe it was the Zuckerberg Chan Foundation. I don’t know already, too much info to process these last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Italy is pushing to make Chinese govt pay for war crimes reparation. How can they do this if ever? Is there a process and is UN involved?
    for starters, italy can renege on its "belt and road initiative" obligations. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47640196
    but i don't think the west has the balls to stand up to the chinese communist party now. na-infiltrate na kasi. the CCP has won without firing a single shot.

if there are nations the CCP is paranoid about, it's india and japan. trifecta of terror sana if philippines was a military power and still allied with the west. that's why the philippines is a strategic victory for the CCP. we lost to them in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by allmight View Post
    Source pls. I’ve come across US filing a $20T lawsuit but this one is news to me.

Source pls. I’ve come across US filing a $20T lawsuit but this one is news to me.
    Oh no, I'm not sure either. That's why I'm asking here.

But I did saw this article by an Italian journalist based in South Asia where they're also pissed at the current Chinese regime.

https://www.thequint.com/voices/blog...MhxvIB75-1o0Cg

If you look at it. Our mortality rate against this disease is pretty high. I do my own calculation and based on my calculation, for every 7 recoveries we have, there are also 13 deaths. 7:13 is a bad ratio in so many levels.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    If you look at it. Our mortality rate against this disease is pretty high. I do my own calculation and based on my calculation, for every 7 recoveries we have, there are also 13 deaths. 7:13 is a bad ratio in so many levels.
    the ratio will soon stabilize as it takes time for people who are infected to recover. what is more alarming is the ratio of doctor-patient deaths. we have already lost a dozen doctors against 78 patient deaths. that's 15 doctors dying for every 100 patient deaths. obviously, we cannot afford for this trend to continue as we'll be out of doctors before we even reach our peak.

True. Generally it takes longer to recover than to die of this virus. Not to mention the fact even if the patient is already symptoms-free, he should still be observed for a while before being medically cleared. There are already reports of reinfections (cleared only to test positive again) but it is still inconclusive whether it were really a case of reinfection or simply erroneous testing/testing kits that yielded false negatives.

Also alarming is that we are seemingly overwhelmed already, and its just a thousand cases. The worst is yet to come but the rate our hospitals are doing, we are looking at an even higher mortality rate than what the initial figures are showing.

And why are our health workers being discriminated and maltreated by the general public? What ignorance...! I understand people are afraid but the least they could do is let these frontliners be, if they couldn’t be of any help. There were even reports of assault when one nurse was attacked and poured bleach. Smh

Also alarming is that we are seemingly overwhelmed already, and its just a thousand cases. The worst is yet to come but the rate our hospitals are doing, we are looking at an even higher mortality rate than what the initial figures are showing.

And why are our health workers being discriminated and maltreated by the general public? What ignorance...! I understand people are afraid but the least they could do is let these frontliners be, if they couldn’t be of any help. There were even reports of assault when one nurse was attacked and poured bleach. Smh
    There are also reports of forced evictions.. first sign of trouble and people lose their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    There are also reports of forced evictions.. first sign of trouble and people lose their heads.
    Care to elaborate on "forced evictions"?

maybe ms emily willis was referring to this news:
    https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...artment/story/

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast