Best European Players of New Decade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best European Players of New Decade

Who would you think will define the 20's? It's easy to spot T. Parker, P. Gasol, G. Dragic, M. Teodosic and some others as best players. Let's make I guess who would leave the biggest mark in 20's.

I'll start with already established players who I think will be huge and then try to select top 10 Euro prospects:

Doncic, Giannis, Jokic, Porzingis, Bogdanovic, Gobert, Fournier, Sabonis, Shroder, Markkanen

players to mention: Rubio, Bog (Croatian), Valanciunas, Gallinari, Saric, D. Bertans and others

TOP 10 European prospects:

Luka Doncic
    Lauri Markkanen
    Moritz Wagner
    Frank Ntilikina
    Luka Šamanić
    Sekou Doumbouya
    Deni Avdija
    Theo Maledon
    Killian Hayes
    Aleksej Pokusevski
    Leandro Bolmaro

I didn't went as far as 2021 Draft class, but obviously we have to mention Usman Garuba at least I guess.

What did I miss?

PS: I put it here as most active European forum and thread reflects everything pretty much.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

People talk about Serbia a lot, and specially Canada (rightfully so), but France may be overlooked as absolute next big thing.

With Parker, Diaw retiring and Batum sort of facing his twilight sort of, France still have Gobert, Fournier, De Colo and other to contend in any tournament. However, it may be just a scratch on a surface compared to what's coming. They have:

Frank Ntilikina 21yo (8th pick)
    Sekou Doumbouya 18yo (15th pick)

4 possible first rounders in 2020 drafts:

Theo Maledon 18yo (projected 3 pick by some and maybe even generational talent a la Parker)
    Killian Hayes 18yo (Combo, strong first rounder)
    Malcolm Cazalon 18yo (wing, first rounder)
    Matthieu Gauzin (PG, late first rounder, super quick player)

Not to mention Guerschon Yabusele (16 pick), Timothe Luwawu (24 pick), Elie Okobo (31 pick), David Michineau (39) and few other later picks recently. And like it wouldn't be enough, just from no-where, tracking my own country player Kulboka and his Bilboa, there's some Axel Bouteille (24yo). I was watching few games by Bilboa and I said to my self "this dude could be the key player of Lith NT". Later he got attention from Real. Super universal wing who does it all at offensive end, IMO, flat out French NT material.

So to sum up, no-one in Europe has as much prospect power at the moment, not even Serbia. With their super talented PGs coming, France may end up as the best Euro NT of 20's.

Last edited by Straight forward; 03-19-2020, 04:33 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      People talk about Serbia a lot, and specially Canada (rightfully so), but France may be overlooked as absolute next big thing.

With Parker, Diaw retiring and Batum sort of facing his twilight sort of, France still have Gobert, Fournier, De Colo and other to contend in any tournament. However, it may be just a scratch on a surface compared to what's coming. They have:

Frank Ntilikina 21yo (8th pick)
      Sekou Doumbouya 18yo (15th pick)

4 possible first rounders in 2020 drafts:

Theo Maledon 18yo (projected 3 pick by some and maybe even generational talent a la Parker)
      Killian Hayes 18yo (Combo, strong first rounder)
      Malcolm Cazalon 18yo (wing, first rounder)
      Matthieu Gauzin (PG, late first rounder, super quick player)

Not to mention Guerschon Yabusele (16 pick), Timothe Luwawu (24 pick), Elie Okobo (31 pick), David Michineau (39) and few other later picks recently. And like it wouldn't be enough, just from no-where, tracking my own country player Kulboka and his Bilboa, there's some Axel Bouteille (24yo). I was watching few games by Bilboa and I said to my self "this dude could be the key player of Lith NT". Later he got attention from Real. Super universal wing who does it all at offensive end, IMO, flat out French NT material.

So to sum up, no-one in Europe has as much prospect power at the moment, not even Serbia. With their super talented PGs coming, France may end up as the best Euro NT of 20's.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/9/...ayes-2001-born
      why you didnt mention Avdija?
      he is a top 5 pick, 99%.
      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Originally posted by arelg View Post
        he is a top 5 pick, 99%.
        I mention him in top prospects of Europe. Second post is particularly about France huge upcoming potential, a bit of an off topic.

It seem like huge drafts for Europeans in 2020 and 2021 is coming and I think after relative slump in 10's, 20's will be huge in talent overall again. Let alone the fact Doncic may be the best Euro player of all time and 20's will be his decade, there's Giannis, Jokic, Porzingis. And seems like two big name of Theo Maledon and Avdija may be from the same kind of environment or similar.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by arelg View Post
          he is a top 5 pick, 99%.
          Top 5 draftee wont make you to a franchise player in the nba. Especially not in a so weak draft year. Avdija might be a star in Europe but he will never be a better option than the third best player of a playoff team.

Comment

H
            Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            Top 5 draftee wont make you to a franchise player in the nba. Especially not in a so weak draft year. Avdija might be a star in Europe but he will never be a better option than the third best player of a playoff team.
            3rd best player in a playoff team is very, very optimistic for Avdija. Going top5, expectations will be very high and he will be labelled as a bust very soon, if he cannot deliver. 1 of the reasons that Luka went only 3rd were bad previous experience from players from Europe, now suddenly players from Europe are hot again.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
              H

3rd best player in a playoff team is very, very optimistic for Avdija. Going top5, expectations will be very high and he will be labelled as a bust very soon, if he cannot deliver. 1 of the reasons that Luka went only 3rd were bad previous experience from players from Europe, now suddenly players from Europe are hot again.
              I agree. Avdija will be a risky pick, high ceiling low floor. If he can't develop his 3pt and FT, or find a way to stay in front of people consistently, he can be a bust compared to the expectations.

Heres a good article by Jonathan Tjarks on Ringer, about Avdija, Hayes and Malédon: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/3...pean-prospects
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                I agree. Avdija will be a risky pick, high ceiling low floor. If he can't develop his 3pt and FT, or find a way to stay in front of people consistently, he can be a bust compared to the expectations.

Heres a good article by Jonathan Tjarks on Ringer, about Avdija, Hayes and Malédon: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/3...pean-prospects
                I would have never drafted him top5 no matter how bad this years draft is.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

Petrusev named WCC conference player of the year and NCAA All American 2nd team just in his sophomore season. 2021 he'll be a Top 15 draft pick and as he is oveeseas a few years radar's are not on him here. But he shows in national team competitions what kind of beast he is. And most importantly his younger brother looks even better in Monteverde. Another incredible player Baskonia formed.

With Pokuševski, Nakić, Smailagić and Trifunović we look promising the next years. Of course it's like always with young players. Some will fail, some will jump out of nowhere. Radovanović and Đurišić from U18 generation look really really like something special. We will stay in Top 5 in Europe I think. I am happy that we are keep producing guards, something many countries began to seriously struggle with.

And I forgot about Tristan Vukcevic, a very interesting big man from Real's junior team, most people are euphoric about him but I'm still sceptical, he looks still a little wooden.
                  Last edited by Katastroika; 03-25-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                    I would have never drafted him top5 no matter how bad this years draft is.
                    Watched explicit highlights and I don't see him being better than Saric. Saric wa drafted 12th and I think it's very spot on the career he's having, so I probably would see Avdija in 10-15 range rather than TOP 5.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Doncic probably will be best European player ,but will be interesting who will make biggest things in Europe .

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information