Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague and Eurocup suspended due to COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    @Paspalj

The free market is what outsourced all those jobs to China and put the US in the position they are in now when it comes to Chinese reliance for medical supplies, antibiotics and basically just about everything. Republican and Democratic leaders both share the blame for creating the monster that is China. And yes that was all due to greed. That’s another reason I like Trumps novel approach and line of thinking. Look where China was 25+ years ago as opposed to now. American corporate greed led to that.
    Cool that Americans are blaming someone for being a monster Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Come on man. You really think that Trump as President can’t leverage a particular state to do something as significant as lifting a pseudo martial law if he really wanted to ?
    Not New York, because a) he has no authority, b) it's democratic to the bone and people would ignore him anyway.

He can do that to say Alabama but they're too stupid to take any measures anyway. If the virus comes, they can put on their cowboy hats and shoot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    There were stories about 10+ million cell phone subscriptions suddenly dropping off of the system in China, with no logical explanation (other than death).

Now, even though the story looked genuine, I don't know if it is true. Every side seems to have an agenda and they constantly fabricate "news".
    We don't know the truth but sometimes we can detect a lie. And China's numbers is the biggest lie I've heard lately.
    Today's numbers from China: 3 new deaths !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    We don't know the truth but sometimes we can detect a lie. And China's numbers is the biggest lie I've heard lately.
    Today's numbers from China: 3 new deaths !!!
    I don't say that China isn't lying about how many deaths they had. But this new deaths are logical, because they have almost 1000 people still in critical condition. Today 886. This virus takes a lot of time before you're out and safe.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I don't say that China isn't lying about how many deaths they had. But this new deaths are logical, because they have almost 1000 people still in critical condition.
    Do you imply that they have detected every single carrier of the virus?
    Anyway, if they lie about the deaths, they would lie about the number of people in cc also.

Do you imply that they have detected every single carrier of the virus?
    Anyway, if they lie about the deaths, they would lie about the number of people in cc also.
    My answer was for, "3 new deaths!!!"
    previously known as Beno

My answer was for, "3 new deaths!!!"
    I know. And you find it logical.

I know. And you find it logical.
    People in critical condition sometimes die.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 03-28-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    previously known as Beno

previously known as Beno

There's a big claim that tonight it was possible to see the death notices of deseased people in Turkey's e-government website, and it was taken down after people noticed that deaths from covid 19 are more than the official number announced today. I don't know if the claims are factual but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

My opinion is that next year will be very very difficult especially for team sports competitions.

What is going to happen when a single player results to be coronavirus infected? His team and perhaps the last opponent's players will have to be isolated for 20 days (at least).

How will it be possible to finish competitions with such a threat? You can't postpone games all the time.

Virtus Bologna's CEO is refusing to give up on this season and has been proposing all kinds of formats to resume it. He said they would lose 5 million Euros if the season was cancelled (not to mention they were leading the standings) but I think they're just going to have to face up to that sooner rather than later.

It looks that Italy-11 worked pretty good for US. But US' curve is becoming more and more worrying. Now we have New York as a future, like it was Italy for New York, for some states that are still not doing enough.
    previously known as Beno

It looks that Italy-11 worked pretty good for US. But US' curve is becoming more and more worrying. Now we have New York as a future, like it was Italy for New York, for some states that are still not doing enough.
    Actually, US is going faster than we (both) estimated. Taking into account all those who are infected or dead because of corona but were not tested (not free health care), the situation seems a lot grimmer.

Lock down will interrupt the exponential growth as long as it's active. A plateau doesn't mean that menace comes to its end. We are at the start.

Actually, US is going faster than we (both) estimated. Taking into account all those who are infected or dead because of corona but were not tested (not free health care), the situation seems a lot grimmer.

Lock down will interrupt the exponential growth as long as it's active. A plateau doesn't mean that menace comes to its end. We are at the start.
    The curve is steeper than in Italy for some time now, even without those unaccounted cases. I see the biggest difference between most of Europe and USA, that Europe has been mostly locked down for 2 weeks now, on the other hand that's not the case in the whole US and not to mention internal flights still going on.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-01-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    previously known as Beno

US more than 1000 deaths in last day. Scary times ahead.
    previously known as Beno

US more than 1000 deaths in last day. Scary times ahead.
    Indeed. Perhaps some people are starting to understand the situation now.
    Btw, I find all discussions about "EL winner" etc to be completely retarded. Another think is the "great" discovery by American secret services that China lies about the infected and the dead. It takes just a look at their curves to understand that. Elementary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Virtus Bologna's CEO is refusing to give up on this season and has been proposing all kinds of formats to resume it. He said they would lose 5 million Euros if the season was cancelled (not to mention they were leading the standings) but I think they're just going to have to face up to that sooner rather than later.
    everybody is going to lose money in this situation.

who invested more will lose more.

is that unfair? what can we do?
    EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

The think is that so many people believe the situation will be better in September than it is now. It's absurd. Even if there is a remission in Summer, there will be a worse second wave when the weather will get colder again.

Indeed. Perhaps some people are starting to understand the situation now.
    Btw, I find all discussions about "EL winner" etc to be completely retarded. Another think is the "great" discovery by American secret services that China lies about the infected and the dead. It takes just a look at their curves to understand that. Elementary.
    It looks to me that 90% in that discussion doesn’t take seriously that debate, because they know the season should have been finished long ago.
    previously known as Beno

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast