Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 253

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,944
    Country: Greece

    Default Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

    No flights to Milan from Greece, is the game going to be postponed?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,493
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    No flights to Milan from Greece, is the game going to be postponed?
    nobody well understood that el is under hardrisk to be suspended

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    140
    Country: Israel

    Default Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

    Round 29 (12-13MAR20)

    CSKA Moscow - ALBA Berlin 60-40
    Anadolu Efes - Valencia Basket 70-30
    Maccabi Tel Aviv - Baskonia 55-45
    AX Armani Milan - Olympiacos 60-40
    Real Madrid - Crvena Zvezda 80-20
    Khimki - Bayern Munich 55-45
    Fenerbahce - Panathinaikos 45-55
    ASVEL Villeurbanne - Zenit St Petersburg 55-45
    FC Barcelona - Zalgiris 70-30

    GOOD LUCK!
    THERE IS NO GOD.

  4. #4
    Senior Member kzav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,746
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Assuming games go ahead, I don't think playing Home or Away will have that much of an impact going forward.

    Looking at Maccabi vs CSKA, does it really matter now who finishes 4th or 5th position?
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

    "If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

    "You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

  5. #5
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    HCA will not be important this season.

    That could be good for some teams including Fener, but regarding our mediocre roster that won't help much.

  6. #6
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    We will have summer league or Efes will be champion based on current standing.
    I don't see any other possibility because this will continue next two months at least.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    605
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Possibility to cancel the league without crowning a champion is also there according to a very well basketball-informed Serbian daily newspaper.

    I hope they'll make at least a final 8 knockout-tournament before cancelling the tournament. Would be historically unfair to Efes.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,749
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Just skip this season without a result is not an option.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,749
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    They will take in the worst case the first 4 seeds and make a final four somewhere without the least risk and without fans but there will be a result.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    They will take in the worst case the first 4 seeds and make a final four somewhere without the least risk and without fans but there will be a result.
    No way. They will need to finish regular season to have any kind of final result or final tournament.
    previously known as Beno

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    605
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    They will take in the worst case the first 4 seeds and make a final four somewhere without the least risk and without fans but there will be a result.
    Yeah, like in NCAA. If you say so. The peak will be there in many countries in late May/June, so I would like to see this calendar. Noone seriously can say how this situation will develop. Football EURO will be delayed most likely, Olympics are heavily endangered, too. So a cancelation of the competition would be more like to happen than not.

  12. #12
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    In EL it's clear situation because more then 80% of the regular season is played, so standings is fair.
    In EC is different situation because there is no league system.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    In EL it's clear situation because more then 80% of the regular season is played, so standings is fair.
    In EC is different situation because there is no league system.
    How is situation fair? It would be more fair, if they would used only first half of the season.
    previously known as Beno

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    605
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    In EL it's clear situation because more then 80% of the regular season is played, so standings is fair.
    In EC is different situation because there is no league system.
    In EC two groups were played to the end. Final 8 would be possible. In EL it's more difficult in my opinion as season hasn't been finished. Besides all it's questionable if domestic health policies will allow teams to travel and play. Anything can happen. Still speculation. To me it seems really like there could be a complete cancelation of EL and EC this year.
    Last edited by Katastroika; 03-14-2020 at 12:26 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,940
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    It's a lose-lose situation for the governing bodies of leagues, unless it's a clear cut case like Liverpool's championship. Finish the season with current standings, only use first half, void the year and end the season... All of them will create outrage from some teams.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    605
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    It's a lose-lose situation for the governing bodies of leagues, unless it's a clear cut case like Liverpool's championship. Finish the season with current standings, only use first half, void the year and end the season... All of them will create outrage from some teams.
    Agree.

  17. #17
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    How is situation fair? It would be more fair, if they would used only first half of the season.
    Did I say situation is fair? Standings on the table is fair man, because Efes was the best team during season and 99% would be first on end of the regular season.

    But, if we are talking what is fair or not, every solution isn't fair more or less including this. Cancelation is the worst solution imo.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Did I say situation is fair? Standings on the table is fair man, because Efes was the best team during season and 99% would be first on end of the regular season.

    But, if we are talking what is fair or not, every solution isn't fair more or less including this. Cancelation is the worst solution imo.
    Fair to play any kind of tournament? Playoffs, F4 or F8? Teams had different opponents, different number of home games... And I don't believe we will have a winner without a final tournament. Why is cancellation the worst possibility? If something is not finished, you cannot have a winner. You have the rules for the reason. And the rules say, the winner is decided in F4. They might even change the rules, but you will need majority of the votes for that. Kinda unlikely best teams will vote and give Efes championship without tournament.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 03-14-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    previously known as Beno

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,749
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Fair to play any kind of tournament? Playoffs, F4 or F8? Teams had different opponents, different number of home games... And I don't believe we will have a winner without a final tournament. Why is cancellation the worst possibility? If something is not finished, you cannot have a winner. You have the rules for the reason. And the rules say, the winner is decided in F4. They might even changed the rules, but you will need majority of the votes for that. Kinda unlikely best teams will vote and give Efes championship without tournament.
    We are talking about a case where no games can be played. In such a case Efes will be automatically declared champion.

    Important is the time slot. If they start after this 2 weeks again. 3 double weeks will be set. If a month is gonna be wasted then they will most likely take the standings right now without playing any more regular season game. If more time is needed a final four with the 4 best teams is possible etc. Everything depends on the time that will have been wasted by then.

    One option is impossible: A solution without a result because efforts have been made so far. You cant ignore it.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    We are talking about a case where no games can be played. In such a case Efes will be automatically declared champion.

    Important is the time slot. If they start after this 2 weeks again. 3 double weeks will be set. If a month is gonna be wasted then they will most likely take the standings right now without playing any more regular season game. If more time is needed a final four with the 4 best teams is possible etc. Everything depends on the time that will have been wasted by then.

    One option is impossible: A solution without a result because efforts have been made so far. You cant ignore it.
    This is more list of your wishes and not reality. Regular season in Euroleague is just to determine standings for playoffs.
    previously known as Beno

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •