Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Man, situation in September will be totally incomparable to situation before the virus. New teams in preparation period fighting for the title in one weekend.
    Are we talking about Fener or rest of the world?? You mentioned this as opportunity for Fener to reach so called dream or whatever and I am answering you just on that topic.
    You obviously don't know the situation here. We renewed contracts with some problematic players who will be here in 'preparation period' too and nothing will be changed regarding Fener. So we don't have any interest if season will be canceled or finished with some kind of tournament. We are in losers group of teams.

If we could get rid of around 6 players and bring new ones then situation would be different. But considering long term contracts it's almost imposible.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
      Are we talking about Fener or rest of the world?? You mentioned this as opportunity for Fener to reach so called dream or whatever and I am answering you just on that topic.
      You obviously don't know the situation here. We renewed contracts with some problematic players who will be here in 'preparation period' too and nothing will be changed regarding Fener. So we don't have any interest if season will be canceled or finished with some kind of tournament. We are in losers group of teams.

If we could get rid of around 6 players and bring new ones then situation would be different. But considering long term contracts it's almost imposible.
      F8 in September means, 3 wins for a title, all teams in preparation period. Some players waiting for Nba, if they will be really playing in the summer. Fener will have more or less equal chances than all other teams.

Stupidity to give someone Euroleague title under those conditions is just something else. But I agree with Vivo, Euroleague more than capable of this stupidity.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

• According to Gazzetta dello Sport EL plans F8 in Kaunas, Vilnius, Moscow or Athens. Any rumours on this in your country, Lithuanian friends?

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
          According to Gazzetta dello Sport EL plans F8 in Kaunas, Vilnius, Moscow or Athens. Any rumours on this in your country, Lithuanian friends?
          They should just do a real playoff in a neutral site with no fans.....4 best of five series and a final four can be done quick.......Have the games at different time slots .........The best of 5 series can be done in about a week and a half...Take a few days off after that and do a quick final four......Easy stuff man....Do it now before the normal off-season while it still has credibility....Doing it in September with the possibility of different rosters is foolish....

There's soccer games going on in certain areas of the world, Handball in Belarus is still happening....There's even baseball in Nicaragua being played right now....
          Last edited by Gman365; 04-19-2020, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
            They should just do a real playoff in a neutral site with no fans.....4 best of five series and a final four can be done quick.......Have the games at different time slots .........The best of 5 series can be done in about a week and a half...Take a few days off after that and do a quick final four......Easy stuff man....Do it now before the normal off-season while it still has credibility....Doing it in September with the possibility of different rosters is foolish....

There's soccer games going on in certain areas of the world, Handball in Belarus is still happening....There's even baseball in Nicaragua being played right now....
            Gman, have you been betting on any of these games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
              Gman, have you been betting on any of these games?
              Haha....No but i might bet on some of the upcoming handball games if i come across the right angle....

Hope you're doing good Jazz.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
                Haha....No but i might bet on some of the upcoming handball games if i come across the right angle....

Hope you're doing good Jazz.....
                Thanks Gman, I'm doing ok. I hope you're staying safe and keeping well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                  Thanks Gman, I'm doing ok. I hope you're staying safe and keeping well.
                  Things are good on my end bud...Good to talk to ya again.....

Comment

• WHO is analyzing whether to send proposal to member states that sports manifestations should be banned until 2021...

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
                      WHO is analyzing whether to send proposal to member states that sports manifestations should be banned until 2021...
                      I don't think organizations like NBA will care about WHO unless the governments explicitly ban events. They will do whatever they can to restart events for TV revenue, probably without fans and minimum personnel.
                      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                        I don't think organizations like NBA will care about WHO unless the governments explicitly ban events. They will do whatever they can to restart events for TV revenue, probably without fans and minimum personnel.
                        Yes, nobody cares about WHO. They were more or less total disaster anyway.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                          I agree. On the other hand there are member states where this will strongly impact individual sports and certain team sports. It's a political issue, too.

Comment

• Euroleague and ELPA issued a statement:

The Euroleague Commercial Assets Shareholders Executive Board met remotely on Thursday, April 23, for the third time since the season was suspended due to the COVID-19 global pandemic. The Executive Board approved two main topics.

Secondly, the clubs unanimously approved draft 2019-20 Turkish Airlines EuroLeague 7DAYS EuroCup operational dates:

24 May - Deadline to take the decision to resume and complete the EuroLeague and EuroCup competitions, or to cancel them
                            29 May to 11 June - Quarantine (if necessary)
                            12 June to 2 July - Training Camp
                            4 to 17 July - EuroCup games in central venue
                            4 to 26 July - EuroLeague games in central venue

As explained last week by Euroleague Basketball’s President & CEO Jordi Bertomeu, the EuroLeague calendar includes the remaining 54 Regular Season games plus a single-elimination Final Eight, all in one central venue.
                            Single elimination final eight... Olympiakos fans rejoice
                            Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                            Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information