Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    The suggestion is from who? Partizan president, their populistic and demagogic coach, from Lukovic ex Partizan player and Muric ex Partizan player...the "machine" is running hot on their favourit issue - spinning.

This decision would be a scandal. Situation is specific in ABA since clubs are deciding in this wannabe-league what will happen via direct voting and Partizan is heavily lobbying for their votes to get this undeserved title. A For example with really unreliable and awkward messages of "support" to their "good rivals" in Zagreb after the earthquake. For me impossible as long as zvezda and Buducnost are opposing this.

Most important question is why Partizan won't get the EC title even they have the best score until now...there were two group stages and they are finished - it would be possible but won't happen of course because basketball without playoffs is worthless.
    I see from your post it's some kind of sppining from Partizan linked people and thank you for clarification.

It's good though that we hear such voices too because everything is better then cancelation. Aba spot in EL is direct linked to final standings and title winner, so cancelation would favor CZ or second option is wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    All your predictions were wrong until now so you are the last guy on the planet who should predict anything
    You're talking with first and last back2back Euroleague fantasy winner.

http://admin.euroleague.net/news/i/7...the-final-four
    previously known as Beno

If they accept it or not: this season is over. The bigger problem is what is gonna happen next season while facing a big financial crisis. Euroleague needs to find a big sponsor after Turkish Airlines. Many Many turkish clubs will just have the half of their budget (based to this season). Many teams will return to domestic ressources and these ressources will have to accept sarary cuts.

There are rumors about Fenerbahce parting ways with ZOC. According to many newspapers (Have to admit not the most reliable ones) ZOC will fly to Istanbul just for a press conference to anounce. There is no way that Fenerbahce will spent the money with ZOC. I think a 20 Million Euro budget is a realistic approach. Jasikevicius will be the next target and i intensely support this target.

The next question will be about Fenerbahces roster. What will happen to Sloukas, Vesely, de Colo after ZOC is gone? Normally I would say they will go to but what idiot in Europe would give Sloukas 2,08 Millions in a year and for Vesely 2,3 Millions which is even less realistic.

Efes is another question. I think we can be sure that Micic will be gone next season. My assumption is they will raise the salary of Larkin somewhat to 3 Million Euros to keep him and send some guys for him and play with a smaller rotation. The gaps must be filled with domestic players then but this is just in case if Larkin wants to stay.

The next question is which two teams from Eurocup will be playing in Euroleague next season? I think the financial strongest.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    You're talking with first and last back2back Euroleague fantasy winner.

http://admin.euroleague.net/news/i/7...the-final-four
    So as a winner you should know better to predict who is the best team at least. You changed your oppinion from Real to Barca and then back to Real. You underestimated Efes and Larkin all the time.

As you see Efes was by far the best team in the standings and all main statistics categories. Larkin was MVP and best scorer much ahead of Mirotic.

All the opposite from your predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Why? "Turkey will beat coronavirus within 2 to 3 weeks".The hot potato is titles in EL and other leagues
    I am not football fan but in this situation I am following news from UEFA just from curiosity.

“There is also the possibility of starting again at the beginning of the next [season], starting the following one later. We will see the best solution for leagues and clubs.” - Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin

So as a winner you should know better to predict who is the best team at least. You changed your oppinion from Real to Barca and then back to Real. You underestimated Efes and Larkin all the time.

As you see Efes was by far the best team in the standings and all main statistics categories. Larkin was MVP and best scorer much ahead of Mirotic.

All the opposite from your predictions
    My prediction is null and void like Euroleague season.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    If they accept it or not: this season is over. The bigger problem is what is gonna happen next season while facing a big financial crisis. Euroleague needs to find a big sponsor after Turkish Airlines. Many Many turkish clubs will just have the half of their budget (based to this season). Many teams will return to domestic ressources and these ressources will have to accept sarary cuts.

There are rumors about Fenerbahce parting ways with ZOC. According to many newspapers (Have to admit not the most reliable ones) ZOC will fly to Istanbul just for a press conference to anounce. There is no way that Fenerbahce will spent the money with ZOC. I think a 20 Million Euro budget is a realistic approach. Jasikevicius will be the next target and i intensely support this target.

The next question will be about Fenerbahces roster. What will happen to Sloukas, Vesely, de Colo after ZOC is gone? Normally I would say they will go to but what idiot in Europe would give Sloukas 2,08 Millions in a year and for Vesely 2,3 Millions which is even less realistic.

Efes is another question. I think we can be sure that Micic will be gone next season. My assumption is they will raise the salary of Larkin somewhat to 3 Million Euros to keep him and send some guys for him and play with a smaller rotation. The gaps must be filled with domestic players then but this is just in case if Larkin wants to stay.

The next question is which two teams from Eurocup will be playing in Euroleague next season? I think the financial strongest.
    There won't be any shortage of teams interested in De Colo and Sloukas. Like you say it will be harder to find a financial compromise over Vesely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    There won't be any shortage of teams interested in De Colo and Sloukas. Like you say it will be harder to find a financial compromise over Vesely.
    There will be no problem with de Colo finding a spot somewhere but I strongly doubt that someone would give Sloukas (especially after this season) 2,08 Millions. Many of this guys are with Fenerbahce because of ZOC so we have to wait whats gonna happen in near future.

There will be no problem with de Colo finding a spot somewhere but I strongly doubt that someone would give Sloukas (especially after this season) 2,08 Millions. Many of this guys are with Fenerbahce because of ZOC so we have to wait whats gonna happen in near future.
    Yeah, I don't think so either but Sloukas would have quite a few offers and Fener would surely be able to find some compromise with him. Btw, Sportando tonight is linking him with Olympiacos:

The Reds will try to take advantage of Fenerbahce’s economic problems to get their hands on the Greek playmaker
    Don't Olympiacos have a few financial problems of their own?

Yeah, I don't think so either but Sloukas would have quite a few offers and Fener would surely be able to find some compromise with him. Btw, Sportando tonight is linking him with Olympiacos:

Don't Olympiacos have a few financial problems of their own?
    Well hell have to accept less money then. I cant imagine Fenerbahce paying a part of his salary without using him.

Well hell have to accept less money then. I cant imagine Fenerbahce paying a part of his salary without using him.
    If he was determined to get all his money then that would be their only option if they decided to let him go.

If he was determined to get all his money then that would be their only option if they decided to let him go.
    They will let him go without paying him otherwise he can play 1 more year

They will let him go without paying him otherwise he can play 1 more year
    But if Fener can release him while paying just a small part of his remaining contract and saving 2 million or so then that has to be an option. (Assuming they really don't want to keep him.)

But if Fener can release him while paying just a small part of his remaining contract and saving 2 million or so then that has to be an option. (Assuming they really don't want to keep him.)
    Well see. The fact is that hes heavily overpaid. This shows again what a devastating impact ZOC always has on its teams. PAO was in the same situation back then.

Well see. The fact is that hes heavily overpaid. This shows again what a devastating impact ZOC always has on its teams. PAO was in the same situation back then.
    Yeah, overlooking all the titles he wins.

I am not football fan but in this situation I am following news from UEFA just from curiosity.

“There is also the possibility of starting again at the beginning of the next [season], starting the following one later. We will see the best solution for leagues and clubs.” - Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin
    I'm not surprised. Some people have their heads in the clouds, among them some national leaders, let alone UEFA, EL etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    I'm not surprised. Some people have their heads in the clouds, among them some national leaders, let alone UEFA, EL etc.
    In this case it would be more appropriate to say in the money. The only thing the whole football community is thinking about is, how they can salvage as much money as possible from TV rights. It looks kinda sad.
    previously known as Beno

They must find way to finish this season and then and if there is limited time, immediately start a new season.

For instance in October could be F4 or F8 or F16 and two weeks after that start of the new Regular season.

If pandemia continues until end of the year it's better to finish this season then start new one.

In any case cancelation of the most important basketball competition in Europe would be a big mistake.
    Contracts expire in June, in October teams will be different. Larkin might not be in Efes, Fener might have an all-Turkish roster etc.
    Even if the season ended, it would be a different season.

Yeah, overlooking all the titles he wins.
    Overlooking the 1 title he won at home court after six? years with a top-budget team.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Overlooking the 1 title he won at home court after six? years with a top-budget team.
    Toruko was referring to Obradovic's whole career and I'm sure you don't need a reminder of how successful he was with Panathinaikos in particular. As for his record in Fener, let's remember where they were when he took over. Just making the Final 4 was a huge deal. Barcelona probably spent a similar amount the past 7 years but without the same success.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast