Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 253

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

  1. #61
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Since you quoted me I reply, I agree with all of this. Current situation in Euroleague is nowhere near English Premier League or Lithuanian league
    I quoted you just to continue your reasoning.
    previously known as Beno

  2. #62
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    In Slovenia basketball season will very probably be finished without new champion. Clubs made that proposal.
    It's official now, season has ended with no champion.
    previously known as Beno

  3. #63
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,326
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I really cannot understand, why are people mentioning only Efes? At least Real and Barca have very similar chances to win the title too. Or what about smaller teams that are fighting for the playoffs? This situation is catastrophic for everyone. And no, Efes haven’t deserved anything except home court advantage yet.
    I think people started to think this absurd idea because the lithuanian league declared Zalgris as champion, there is really no competition in Lithuanian league, so that can't be an example for any competitive league let alone Euroleague. And I still say that's an asspull and stupid decision, is there any lithuanian user here who can explain why their basketball federation did something as stupid as that?



    Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I don't think crowning Efes is fair to other good teams, but if the season is deemed null, I'd really feel sorry for Efes (except for Ataman) too, even though I wouldn't want Efes to win the title if it were a normal season. I know how mad I would be if Fener were playing so great and this shit happened
    We already see what happened in 2019, we were in the same position and we still lost the championship because of injuries and other factors. That's how EL is. I wouldn't be mad at all if we were the leader of the league right now, because there is no guarantee of winning in final four, everyone should've learned that by now. 2018 CSKA was the same, they were the leader and they still lost the championship, they didn't even play the final, as well as 2017 Real lost it after finishing the season at the top.

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    It's official now, season has ended with no champion.
    That's how it should happen. I've no idea what lithuanian federation was thinking by declaring a champion.
    Last edited by Tevfik1907; 03-20-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010-11(2), 2013, 2016, 2019-20(2) Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007-08(2), 2010-11(2), 2014, 2016-18(3) Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015-19(5) EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

  4. #64
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Reason for not ending Premier league is much bigger than just getting new champion.
    previously known as Beno

  5. #65
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,326
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Reason for not ending Premier league is much bigger than just getting new champion.
    If every English team accepts Liverpool's championship in premier league, then maybe they can give their championship. Otherwise it would be a robery, also there are many issues like who will join the champions league and who will drop down into a lower league. If they declare a champion, they need to declare other number 2 and number 3 as certain, which is stupid without finishing the league, and the teams that will drop down to the lower league will disagree with this, and they can even sue the federation for doing something as stupid as that.

    They either need to continue somehow after a month or two months, by stealing from the summer holiday, or they need to declare the league is cancelled without declaring a champion.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010-11(2), 2013, 2016, 2019-20(2) Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007-08(2), 2010-11(2), 2014, 2016-18(3) Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015-19(5) EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

  6. #66
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    If every English team accepts Liverpool's championship in premier league, then maybe they can give their championship. Otherwise it would be a robery, also there are many issues like who will join the champions league and who will drop down into a lower league. If they declare a champion, they need to declare other number 2 and number 3 as certain, which is stupid without finishing the league, and the teams that will drop down to the lower league will disagree with this, and they can even sue the federation for doing something as stupid as that.

    They either need to continue somehow after a month or two months, by stealing from the summer holiday, or they need to declare the league is cancelled without declaring a champion.
    Primarily is about money, a lot of money.
    previously known as Beno

  7. #67
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,709
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I really cannot understand, why are people mentioning only Efes? At least Real and Barca have very similar chances to win the title too. Or what about smaller teams that are fighting for the playoffs? This situation is catastrophic for everyone. And no, Efes haven’t deserved anything except home court advantage yet.
    if the season ends now, it's either null or Efes. No point discussing about Real, Barca or another team. The first 8 teams have the chance to become a winner, and considering the standings, that covers like 12 teams today.

    Again Efes "deserving" or not is not the point. they are the first if the season ends. Now, does that mean anything? that's the decision EL will make.

    I expect an announcement that the season is over with no winners, and I'm fine with that.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    if the season ends now, it's either null or Efes. No point discussing about Real, Barca or another team. The first 8 teams have the chance to become a winner, and considering the standings, that covers like 12 teams today.

    Again Efes "deserving" or not is not the point. they are the first if the season ends. Now, does that mean anything? that's the decision EL will make.

    I expect an announcement that the season is over with no winners, and I'm fine with that.
    I meant, mentioning Efes being the only one screwed over. Real had great season too, Barca invested big money to fight for the title, Maccabi having the best season in a long time, some small teams putting great fight to make playoffs... They’re all casualties of this virus. Shit happens all the time. Some here are basically saying, Euroleague has to give a big gift to Efes and screw over all other teams.
    previously known as Beno

  9. #69
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,709
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I meant, mentioning Efes being the only one screwed over. Real had great season too, Barca invested big money to fight for the title, Maccabi having the best season in a long time, some small teams putting great fight to make playoffs... They’re all casualties of this virus. Shit happens all the time. Some here are basically saying, Euroleague has to give a big gift to Efes and screw over all other teams.
    Certainly.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  10. #70
    Senior Member ab_mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Baku
    Posts
    438
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    this discussion never ends, and I am sure Efes haters who are claiming that Efes should not be accepted as winner would say opposite if this was for Fenerbahçe..
    But, the thing is, this will not be somebodies will, but consequences of what is happening around the world. There is no solution can be fair for everyone.
    I can only thing that some of this seasons standing can be used for some calculation next year, like tiebreaker, or anything else..

  11. #71
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    F4 or Efes as winner.

    Cancelation would be shame for the whole EL.

    You can't compare Slovenian league with 5 milion budget and EL with 250 milion budget.

    F4 or F8 in Istanbul is the best solution.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    F4 or Efes as winner.

    Cancelation would be shame for the whole EL.

    You can't compare Slovenian league with 5 milion budget and EL with 250 milion budget.

    F4 or F8 in Istanbul is the best solution.
    I don't understand what have budget with rules or common sense?

    Why in Istanbul? Oh yes, you're still not testing people. USA had same idea and we're seeing real situation in last days.
    previously known as Beno

  13. #73
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,326
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    F4 or Efes as winner.

    Cancelation would be shame for the whole EL.

    You can't compare Slovenian league with 5 milion budget and EL with 250 milion budget.

    F4 or F8 in Istanbul is the best solution.
    Budget has nothing to do with this. Competition level does.

    Let's say Slovenian league is more competitive than many leagues, that doesn't make their league better or more expensive, but it's competitive and no team would agree to declare a champion over a regular season standing. Thus they agreed to cancel the league if they can't play it.

    Not a single team in Euroleague would accept the asinine idea that Efes should be declared as champion over a regular season standing, which all of its purpose is to take the home court advantage in playoffs (which Efes doesn't even have that supporter advantage), regular season standings is not even a deciding factor in final four. If they can't play it then cancel it.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010-11(2), 2013, 2016, 2019-20(2) Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007-08(2), 2010-11(2), 2014, 2016-18(3) Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015-19(5) EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

  14. #74
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I don't understand what have budget with rules or common sense?

    Why in Istanbul? Oh yes, you're still not testing people. USA had same idea and we're seeing real situation in last days.
    Wasting 250 milions and 5 milions is the same?
    I am sure big clubs in EL will never agree with cancelation, for instance Barca invested 45 milions and now they should finish the season without chance to fight for title?

    Cancelation would be big shame for EL.

  15. #75
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Wasting 250 milions and 5 milions is the same?
    I am sure big clubs in EL will never agree with cancelation, for instance Barca invested 45 milions and now they should finish the season without chance to fight for title?

    Cancelation would be big shame for EL.
    EU is shutdown to at least mid April, probably a lot more. Italy and Spain looking like war zone. Turkey's new Corona cases growing rate is exponential like in most of Europe. Nobody is training, Americans are going home. It's not about what clubs want, but what governments will do to stop the virus.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 03-20-2020 at 10:16 PM.
    previously known as Beno

  16. #76
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Wasting 250 milions and 5 milions is the same?
    I am sure big clubs in EL will never agree with cancelation, for instance Barca invested 45 milions and now they should finish the season without chance to fight for title?

    Cancelation would be big shame for EL.
    It would be a shame but it's circumstances beyond everyone's control.

    I think at this point we should just be hoping that we can see any Euroleague games again in the not too distant future, because right now any prospect of that seems a long way off.

  17. #77
    Senior Member ByThor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    well, since the EFES supporters are insisting they should be crowned champs without earning it, I will put up FCB as champ since they won the head-to-head games this year with EFES. makes as much sense as handing the title to EFES for having the best record. at least there is some sort of game play involved.

  18. #78
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,652
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    It would be a shame but it's circumstances beyond everyone's control.

    I think at this point we should just be hoping that we can see any Euroleague games again in the not too distant future, because right now any prospect of that seems a long way off.
    Yes and to make things even more difficult to resume, different countries are in very different stages of the outbreak, so even when all this will be hopefully over, it won't be over simultaneously.
    previously known as Beno

  19. #79
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,940
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Wasting 250 milions and 5 milions is the same?
    I am sure big clubs in EL will never agree with cancelation, for instance Barca invested 45 milions and now they should finish the season without chance to fight for title?

    Cancelation would be big shame for EL.
    If fucking billion dollar NBA can consider cancelation, Euroleague at least can consider it

    250 million investment is sunk cost. If Euroleague continues and a player dies because of that, the damage to the competition and brand is much worse in the long run than canceling a season
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

  20. #80
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,709
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByThor View Post
    well, since the EFES supporters are insisting they should be crowned champs without earning it, I will put up FCB as champ since they won the head-to-head games this year with EFES. makes as much sense as handing the title to EFES for having the best record. at least there is some sort of game play involved.
    which Efes supporters are insisting, mate?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •