Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
    In Slovenia basketball season will very probably be finished without new champion. Clubs made that proposal.
    I think this is the right solution for the EL. Giving Efes the title will be a joke.
    They are the best team of the season, but the odds of them not winning the title in a EL season are still higher of them actually gaining the title.

Even if the 90% favorite on the playoff, 80% favorite against CSKA/Maccabi and 69% favorite in final. It means that they have more chances to lose the title than to win it.
    In real-world scenario Efes has ~30% of winning the title. Far away from something decisive.

Comment

Originally posted by Metec View Post
      I think this is the right solution for the EL. Giving Efes the title will be a joke.
      They are the best team of the season, but the odds of them not winning the title in a EL season are still higher of them actually gaining the title.

Even if the 90% favorite on the playoff, 80% favorite against CSKA/Maccabi and 69% favorite in final. It means that they have more chances to lose the title than to win it.
      In real-world scenario Efes has ~30% of winning the title. Far away from something decisive.
      I think nobody wants to give title to Efes without fight.
      But canceling would be even bigger joke and nonsense.

In situation when Uefa organizes for the first time in history F4 it would be ridiculous if EL cancel competition.
      Efes for the first place in regular season should get the organisation.

Comment

Giving the title to the team that finishes at the top is ridiculous. Last 3 years, no team that finished at the top won the EL.

2019- Regular Season Leader ; Fenerbahçe, Champion ; CSKA
        2018- Regular Season Leader ; CSKA, Champion ; Real
        2017- Regular Season Leader ; Real, Champion ; Fenerbahçe

I think this come to the discussion because of Zalgris, I say even that was a ridiculous call, but still it's different since Zalgris was heavily favorite for lithuanian league, and it's no where near close to the EL competition. It's one of the weakest leagues in Europe, behind of Spanish and Turkish leagues.
        FENERBAHÇE
        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

You cant ignore the performances so far. If there is no chance to play a game this season, efes will be declared rightfully champion. No discussion about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            You cant ignore the performances so far. If there is no chance to play a game this season, efes will be declared rightfully champion. No discussion about that.
            Lmao, no the season should be blank. Giving a doubtful championship is nothing but a robery, there isn't a single team that would accept Efes as champion because of a regular season standing, LOL.

Those performances for taking a better place in the playoffs, the teams were playing accordingly by knowing that they can still end up champion even if they finish in the 4th or 5th place. Declaring a champion over a regular season standing is idiotic. Football leagues maybe, since there are no playoffs and final four in there, but it can't be in basketball, it would be a robery.

If the champion will be decided at the end of the regular season, then it should be like that from now on. Playoffs and Final Four performances usually ignores the regular season standings, not even once the teams that finished at the top won the Euroleague in history before.

That's not a coincidence, there are many factors after the post-season playoff and final four games; injuries, ability to play tough games better, ability to play one-on-one match up series better, supporter factor, the final four's location. There are many factors that no one can ignore.
            FENERBAHÇE
            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

I don't see any prospect for finishing this season. On top of everything else, the American state department is now advising their citizens to return home and many players has already done so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                Lmao, no the season should be blank. Giving a doubtful championship is nothing but a robery, there isn't a single team that would accept Efes as champion because of a regular season standing, LOL.

Those performances for taking a better place in the playoffs, the teams were playing accordingly by knowing that they can still end up champion even if they finish in the 4th or 5th place. Declaring a champion over a regular season standing is idiotic. Football leagues maybe, since there are no playoffs and final four in there, but it can't be in basketball, it would be a robery.

If the champion will be decided at the end of the regular season, then it should be like that from now on. Playoffs and Final Four performances usually ignores the regular season standings, not even once the teams that finished at the top won the Euroleague in history before.

That's not a coincidence, there are many factors after the post-season playoff and final four games; injuries, ability to play tough games better, ability to play one-on-one match up series better, supporter factor, the final four's location. There are many factors that no one can ignore.
                This is the most stupid way of thinking that i had to read. Total bull shit.

It is out of question that a starting season has no result.

Comment

This is the most stupid way of thinking that i had to read. Total bull shit.
                  LOL. Even in football they don't accept a team being the champion because of the regular season standing, and there is no playoff and final four in Football.

But you think Efes should be declared as champion in a league that the playoffs and final four matters, not the regular season standing. Get your facts straight and remove your Efes fan goggles.
                  FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                    LOL. Even in football they don't accept a team being the champion because of the regular season standing, and there is no playoff and final four in Football.

But you think Efes should be declared as champion in a league that the playoffs and final four matters, not the regular season standing. Get your facts straight and remove your Efes fan goggles.
                    [deleted] - Levenspiel Whats your solution? You want pretend a starting league as never happened? hahahahah
                    A result is crucial and must based on facts. If you dont have the possibility of finishing the league properly the first seed will be champion. Its that easy and has nothing to do with being a fan or not.
                    Last edited by Levenspiel; 03-20-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Lmao keep thinking that
                      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

You are really an idiot. Whats your solution? You want pretend a starting league as never happened? hahahahah
                        A result is crucial and must based on facts. If you dont have the possibility of finishing the league properly the first seed will be champion. Its that easy and has nothing to do with being a fan or not.
                        If this is your sense of justice, let's not pretend that our bet never happened. Since we don't have the possibility of finishing it properly, current results should be final.
                        PAO is 6th, we are in top-8 and you lose the bet. Or not?

Comment

Take it easy, guys. I EL decides the season is null, it's understandable, no big deal. Bad luck happens, there are more important things in life. The games played so far should register (Larkin's records, an all), but the season might count as incomplete.

I highly doubt this will happen, but the other way, crowning Efes would be understandable, too. then it would be bad luck for others. No one would respect this of course, and I think no real Efes fan would cherish it, but Ataman will have his time .
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                            Take it easy, guys. I EL decides the season is null, it's understandable, no big deal. Bad luck happens, there are more important things in life. The games played so far should register (Larkin's records, an all), but the season might count as incomplete.

I highly doubt this will happen, but the other way, crowning Efes would be understandable, too. then it would be bad luck for others. No one would respect this of course, and I think no real Efes fan would cherish it, but Ataman will have his time .
                            I don't think crowning Efes is fair to other good teams, but if the season is deemed null, I'd really feel sorry for Efes (except for Ataman) too, even though I wouldn't want Efes to win the title if it were a normal season. I know how mad I would be if Fener were playing so great and this shit happened
                            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                              I don't think crowning Efes is fair to other good teams, but if the season is deemed null, I'd really feel sorry for Efes (except for Ataman) too, even though I wouldn't want Efes to win the title if it were a normal season. I know how mad I would be if Fener were playing so great and this shit happened
                              I really cannot understand, why are people mentioning only Efes? At least Real and Barca have very similar chances to win the title too. Or what about smaller teams that are fighting for the playoffs? This situation is catastrophic for everyone. And no, Efes haven’t deserved anything except home court advantage yet.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                                I really cannot understand, why are people mentioning only Efes? At least Real and Barca have very similar chances to win the title too. Or what about smaller teams that are fighting for the playoffs? This situation is catastrophic for everyone. And no, Efes haven’t deserved anything except home court advantage yet.
                                Since you quoted me I reply, I agree with all of this. Current situation in Euroleague is nowhere near English Premier League or Lithuanian league
                                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information