Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janketa View Post
    Wasting 250 milions and 5 milions is the same?
    I am sure big clubs in EL will never agree with cancelation, for instance Barca invested 45 milions and now they should finish the season without chance to fight for title?

Cancelation would be big shame for EL.
    It would be a shame but it's circumstances beyond everyone's control.

I think at this point we should just be hoping that we can see any Euroleague games again in the not too distant future, because right now any prospect of that seems a long way off.

Comment

well, since the EFES supporters are insisting they should be crowned champs without earning it, I will put up FCB as champ since they won the head-to-head games this year with EFES. makes as much sense as handing the title to EFES for having the best record. at least there is some sort of game play involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
        It would be a shame but it's circumstances beyond everyone's control.

I think at this point we should just be hoping that we can see any Euroleague games again in the not too distant future, because right now any prospect of that seems a long way off.
        Yes and to make things even more difficult to resume, different countries are in very different stages of the outbreak, so even when all this will be hopefully over, it won't be over simultaneously.
        previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
          Wasting 250 milions and 5 milions is the same?
          I am sure big clubs in EL will never agree with cancelation, for instance Barca invested 45 milions and now they should finish the season without chance to fight for title?

Cancelation would be big shame for EL.
          If fucking billion dollar NBA can consider cancelation, Euroleague at least can consider it

250 million investment is sunk cost. If Euroleague continues and a player dies because of that, the damage to the competition and brand is much worse in the long run than canceling a season
          Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
          Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
          Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by ByThor View Post
            well, since the EFES supporters are insisting they should be crowned champs without earning it, I will put up FCB as champ since they won the head-to-head games this year with EFES. makes as much sense as handing the title to EFES for having the best record. at least there is some sort of game play involved.
            which Efes supporters are insisting, mate?
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
              Yes and to make things even more difficult to resume, different countries are in very different stages of the outbreak, so even when all this will be hopefully over, it won't be over simultaneously.
              Sportando said that Virtus Bologna are back training which seems absolutely mad given everything going on in Italy right now. I wonder what their players are thinking? I'm sure they must have had serious cabin fever by now but they must be worried too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                Sportando said that Virtus Bologna are back training which seems absolutely mad given everything going on in Italy right now. I wonder what their players are thinking? I'm sure they must have had serious cabin fever by now but they must be worried too.
                just follow Kyle Weems in Twitter..
                EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Originally posted by radallo View Post
                  just follow Kyle Weems in Twitter..
                  I just read a few of his tweets. I'm not surprised that he'd be hoping for a cancellation.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                    which Efes supporters are insisting, mate?
                    ok, maybe just incorrect wording. I will correct it with "well, since some people are saying that EFES should be crowned champs...…"

better?

Comment

Originally posted by ByThor View Post
                      ok, maybe just incorrect wording. I will correct it with "well, since some people are saying that EFES should be crowned champs...…"

better?
                      it's better, thanks.
                      btw, head-to-head cannot work as you suggested. in that case PAO should be crowned as they have a 1-0 record vs Efes (while Barca is 1-1).

Comment

what do you guys think about this? a March Madness-style ending for the EL.
                        Chris Singleton mentioned it, and an italian twitter account put it into visual format.

ETq1G7EWAAEvN_c.jpg

Comment

Chris Singleton mentioned it, and an italian twitter account put it into visual format.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10467[/ATTACH]
                          A little unfair to the best teams but best possible scenario for fans.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10467[/ATTACH]
                            Why Istanbul-Madrid and Cologne instead of London-Paris and the final in Milan?

It's not gonna happen, but Oly could win their 5th title because they are experts to the "roulette systems".

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                              Why Istanbul-Madrid and Cologne instead of London-Paris and the final in Milan?

It's not gonna happen, but Oly could win their 5th title because they are experts to the "roulette systems".
                              I think to award the best 2 teams, they are home teams unlike everyone else in this scenario. Which screws over 3rd and 4th teams but no system can be perfect under these circumstances ofc.
                              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

The only fair location is Istanbul, considering this system isn't fair to Efes because the best team in regular season must start from scratch.

But in any case much better then cancelation.

I am mad that in any scenario Fener doesn't have any chance for the title, but Istanbul as destination for F4(F16 .. March Madness.. whatever) is the best option.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information