Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

And some guys didnt want to go to the NBA although they could have a solid NBA career. Bodiroga, Navarro (returned to Europe although he had offers), Diamantidis, Sergio Llull Fran Vasquez in order to call some names.

So there are player who wants to stay in Europe and compete for title there instead of being a bench bitch in the NBA and there are also guys who went too early and failed big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    And some guys didnt want to go to the NBA although they could have a solid NBA career. Bodiroga, Navarro (returned to Europe although he had offers), Diamantidis, Sergio Llull Fran Vasquez in order to call some names.

So there are player who wants to stay in Europe and compete for title there instead of being a bench bitch in the NBA and there are also guys who went too early and failed big time.
    Times have changed. Big time. It's much easier for international players in Nba now. Many fail for sure, but many Americans fail too. There's almost no hesitation for top European prospects to go in Nba as soon as possible and for a good reason too. How many young kids are getting important minutes in Euroleague? Not many. Just look at Fener. On the other hand, if you're top Nba draft pick you will get a lot of opportunities almost for sure. It's of course on you to take them. Nba wants young prospects to develop them in stars. It's star driven league. So staying in Europe, if your aspirations is to be a top player one day, has no sense. Players like Bender wouldn't be nothing special in Europe too. He was playing in Maccabi B team, before he went in Nba. How is that possible, if he really was that good? He was drafted that high because Suns believed, he's new KP. Obviously wrong, KP was 10x better player before the draft.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; Yesterday at 07:20 AM.
    previously known as Beno

I believe KP also didn't show that much in Europe, he had some good performance in ACB but still no signs of the beast he was gonna be and he was quite under the radar of the big clubs. Maybe he was still growing and his team protected him idk. On the other hand Bender, I've written many times about him, is a big mystery to me. I know that youth tournaments are tricky but he looked to me like a no miss case. And in fact he looks like a totally different player than what he looked like as a teen, back then he was greatly athletic for his size, now he is agile but that's it, and he is totally soft, he had a huge confidence and fantastic feel of the game, great passng insticts that are nowhere to be found now, while he totally struggled with his shot at 16, he improved it some years later and by now the only thing he can do on a good basis is shooting 3s. To me, something within his development went completely wrong and he has totally lost his confidence, he may still has some chance to rise up if he finds the proper environment.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112