Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 28

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Another awful game from Fener and bad coaching of Obradovic. We lost the important game and in the same time tie break with Khimki. After Armani that makes two teams we are worse in head to head from teams fighting for 6-8 spots.

Larkin proved how big player he is and every comparation with Wilbekin sounds ridiculous. The only player he could compare with is Mirotic, but Larkin is better and deserves better contract from Efes next season.
    ZOC is trying to find different lineups to have a chance against Barca or Real Madrid. He has been trying everything 3 bigs, 4 smalls, 5 smalls, 2 bigs etc. but his players lost totally their roles and confidence.

Joff had a good game for the first time after quite a while. He took him out and he never came in again. Melih wasnt even in the roster 2 games and started in the last 2. The team has big issues in getting rebounds. Against khimki this big lineup was supposed to not lose in rebounding but they grabbed 9 rebounds less. On the other hand there were big issues in creating. De Colo is totally confused and doesnt finish anymore.

Obviously, it doesnt work without Sloukas creating but with him it doesnt work either. There is almost no help from the forwards. Kalinic is totally overused in defense, Datome is even afraid of shooting. Vesely cant return after double the opponent pg.

The whole roster cant be changed but a two way guard and a two way big is a must next season.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    There are blind people here, sure.. Such comparation is stupidity.
    Larkin, two space empty, then Mirotic, De Colo, Higgins etc...
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by Toja View Post
    I dont know the nuances of Pao as you but I can tell you that Maccabi fans also blamed the owners for the failers ( and imo they were partially right)
    from outside israel i never felt fans blamed the owers. iad eliau was always full even after they builted teams adding planninic , cole, arroyo, mekel ohayon e. brown onuaku ecc ecc ecc
    if u fill the arena, u are indirectly accepting what owners offer
    as i never read words against mediocre owner's plans here as lately i ve just read words of joy about last (mediocre) adds (jack- rey) instead of desperate words as due

Quote Originally Posted by Toja View Post
    I think that the main problem of Pao in last years are the coaches and not Calathes. Just look at the day and night difference in Maccabi with Sfairopoulos and the years after the Blatt era .
    I am pretty sure that most of the top teams would be happy with Calathes as their point guard.
    Indeed, a lot of fans and journalists now accuse Pitino of not controlling and not motivating the team. But till January the same people were venerating him all the time.

The problem is that he doesn't conceive tactical solutions. He has always been a college coach with little success during his brief NBA passage. He will never study how the opponents play adjusting his game to them for example.

Pana should either try to sign Sarunas or trust Vovoras.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    The problem is that he doesn't conceive tactical solutions. He has always been a college coach with little success during his brief NBA passage. He will never study how the opponents play adjusting his game to them for example.

^ exactly.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Indeed, a lot of fans and journalists now accuse Pitino of not controlling and not motivating the team. But till January the same people were venerating him all the time.

Pao had a coach, who was studying his opponents, was very analytical and had theoretically a great roster in 2016/2017, but still wasn’t good enough for a single playoff win.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 03-08-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    previously known as Beno

true, but he was always te same. an american style coach, who doesnt consider the arch. in europe this is a technical suicide. Pana plays an old bball, based on assiting the paint. sure, having chalates condition the game in this way, but he is a coach. he should find alternative options. i well remember what he said few months ago in an interview: "every nba match is now a three point challenge", clearely criticizing nba "european" reality. bball changed a lot even in nba. coaches well leanerd that ball moviment for shooters is the easier way to score and the hardest to be defended. by then europeans players, (many of them shooters, indeed), are colonizing nba. just old coaches like him, still prefere old american bball style

Fenerbahce choked a 20 points lead against BJK with serious financial problems, 2 foreigners and 7 youth player in its roster. How is this possible? This franchise is really a big mess.

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    true, but he was always te same. an american style coach, who doesnt consider the arch. in europe this is a technical suicide. Pana plays an old bball, based on assiting the paint. sure, having chalates condition the game in this way, but he is a coach. he should find alternative options. i well remember what he said few months ago in an interview: "every nba match is now a three point challenge", clearely criticizing nba "european" reality. bball changed a lot even in nba. coaches well leanerd that ball moviment for shooters is the easier way to score and the hardest to be defended. by then europeans players, (many of them shooters, indeed), are colonizing nba. just old coaches like him, still prefere old american bball style
    What do you think is the best way to start the offense early in the shot clock to start the ball movement ?....I know Real likes their pin downs and pick n rolls and i know you really like Laso's offense...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12