Euroleague Regular Season: Week 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
    when we are talking about Real, people tend to forget how great are they with developing young players, the only big club in last years, where kids under 20 are having important role.
    That same Real almost destroyed Bogdanovic career who signed for them as a kid.
    Now he is one of best european scorers in NBA.
    He is the first one that comes to my mind and surely he is not the only one.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
      That same Real almost destroyed Bogdanovic career who signed for them as a kid.
      Now he is one of best european scorers in NBA.
      He is the first one that comes to my mind and surely he is not the only one.
      please show me another big club, where 18 years old kids get a chance to play in Euroleague? of course everyone doesn't succee, because of different reasons, but that is in normal jobs too.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

please show me another big club, where 18 years old kids get a chance to play in Euroleague? of course everyone doesn't succee, because of different reasons, but that is in normal jobs too.
        Fotsis. Was key in the 1999-2000 final against Maccabi.
        "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Comment

Originally posted by kzav View Post
          Fotsis. Was key in the 1999-2000 final against Maccabi.
          I have in mind more recent times. Real is something totally unique in last 10 years. Just imagine, if home products Doncic and Mirotic stayed in Real.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

There are several really, jankunas, papanikolaou did get serious playing time at top level in their teens.

Yes I can't think of anyone from the previous couple of years, bitadze wasn't in a top team, but that may also be due to a lack of talent but also nba drawing the few players to USA. Papagiannis started young too.
            "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Comment

The problem is the NBA. 20 years ago entering the nba as european player was a big issue. Nowadays also with 15 men roster every scrub is sitting there. I dont want to be disrespectful but who is Vlatko Cancar, who is older Bertans to be in the nba?

The consequence is no team except Real is investing in young guys because there is no meaning in it. You take the pain, implementing them and next season they are gone. Thats also for expample the reason why Korkmaz couldnt take play time with Efes.

Comment

There are several really, jankunas, papanikolaou did get serious playing time at top level in their teens.

Yes I can't think of anyone from the previous couple of years, bitadze wasn't in a top team, but that may also be due to a lack of talent but also nba drawing the few players to USA. Papagiannis started young too.
                Papanikolaou played almost nothing in Euroleague in his teens, Jankuntas 1 season, but that was 17 years ago. Playing with 17 years like Luka or Garuba is something totally else.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                  The problem is the NBA. 20 years ago entering the nba as european player was a big issue. Nowadays also with 15 men roster every scrub is sitting there. I dont want to be disrespectful but who is Vlatko Cancar, who is older Bertans to be in the nba?

The consequence is no team except Real is investing in young guys because there is no meaning in it. You take the pain, implementing them and next season they are gone. Thats also for expample the reason why Korkmaz couldnt take play time with Efes.
                  Older Bertrans is considered like very good player in Nba. He will get massive pay check in next seasons. He will be unrestricted free agent this summer and will get 15 mio+ per year in next contract.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

Not a single comment on Real:Pao? This says a lot about this years Pao team.
                    Be honest Bob, you were just disappointed to login and not get the immediate opportunity to remind us all of your thoughts on Calathes!

On the other hand, if money was the only factor in basketball or any other sport for the matter, then what's the point of competing anyway. We should award the trophies to the richest clubs in September and go home and watch Sex and the City boxset.
                    This is an oddly specific and unexpectedly hilarious reference.
                    Last edited by Jazz; 02-25-2020, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                      I've been forced to watch it... the wounds run deep

Comment

Be honest Bob, you were just disappointed to login and not get the immediate opportunity to remind us all of your thoughts on Calathes! :P

Not much to say, Calathes is undisputed leader of Pao in last 5 years.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

I've been forced to watch it... the wounds run deep
                          Haha, thanks for the explanation.

Ironically his outside shooting was good in the Real game.

Btw... on the topic of young players- Dino Radoncic was just released by Murcia. He's still only 21. I wonder where his next team will be?

Comment

Funny thing, Calathes speaks greek worse than Jonas Maciulis for example
                            Shows typical Murican ignorance
                            I mean it is no problem that an American does not learn local language even after years of being there.
                            But this is something else when you are kind of greek...

Comment

Haha, thanks for the explanation.

Ironically his outside shooting was good in the Real game.

Btw... on the topic of young players- Dino Radoncic was just released by Murcia. He's still only 21. I wonder where his next team will be?
                              Calathes will always have games like that, because opponents don't respect his shot and there all problems start and end. Good player but unlikely to lead Pao to something more than playoffs. Very difficult to build a team around him. Pao would need someone like Porzinigs to provide spacing that Nick can't. All classic bigs are bad fit with him. Imho is cheaper and easier to find new Pg, who can shoot.

I have no idea about Radoncic. I never liked him.
                              Last edited by Killer Bob; 02-25-2020, 11:47 PM.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

I don't believe many Pao fans are admitting that they have won all titles just because they had top budget.
                                I don't know even one Pao fan who believes that our top budget back then was not a main factor for Pao's success. There is no metaphysical explanation, top budget = top coach +top roster. The other factor was the stability of philosophy and core players. It's simple imo.
                                Another strange comment coming from you.

But that wasn't the reason for my post. Pao doesn't have 1/3 of Real's budget, what was your claim. L'equipe article was just incredibly wrong. Some numbers net other gross. Or do you really believe that Pao's gross salaries are under 10 mio?
                                Actually, I believe that Real bc's overall budget is more than triple but let's not derail the discussion and just say it's double. This assumption is changing everything (or nothing?)

If I'm not mistaken Mr. Chacho was talking about last 3 years, not only this season. And loosing 10 in a row is kinda embarrassing for a club like Pao, no matter what circumstances might be. If they meet again in playoffs, good luck with explaining how Pao is 1-15 in last 5 seasons in playoffs because of the small budget.
                                Have you ever read on this forum the long term prediction that Fener-Real-CSKA would be almost certainly in F4 every year? Have you read from the start of this season that Efes and Barca and perhaps Armani are the other contenders of the title?
                                Quiz: What is the similarity among them?
                                You can't hide behind your finger as we say in Greece.

Speaking for myself, the embarrassing thing is -independently of the opponent - to watch my team underperform as they did vs Armani, Alba or Red Star and in a lesser degree vs Maccabi and Khimki. Since we don't know whether Pao can advance to top-8, what will happen in po is a luxury "problem".

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information