Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 26

Quote Originally Posted by radallo View Post
    Kruno? I think Taylor can be a good stopper
    No, it’s the obvious one. How you stop a player, who’s shooting 51% for 3, mostly pull ups? You should probably put double teams on him and risk that someone else will beat you. Laso can of course play great D. with Taylor, Campazzo and Tavares closing the paint. I believe Real has everything to beat Efes in an important match. But first they both have to come in the final.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    About Radoncic, Murcia seems to be a bad place for youngsters. Bojan Bogdanovic was loaned there and he almost destroys his career (of course, that happened with other management). Goran Dragic also was there, and the loan for Baskonia didnt worked, too.
    Out of curiosity what happened with Bogdanovic back then?I can't find any info on Google and it's the first time I hear about it..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    About Radoncic, Murcia seems to be a bad place for youngsters. Bojan Bogdanovic was loaned there and he almost destroys his career (of course, that happened with other management). Goran Dragic also was there, and the loan for Baskonia didnt worked, too.
    That's an interesting point Chacho. Apparently Radoncic just signed with Tenerife, so we'll see if things work out better for him there.

Fenerbahce played Galatasaray today, and lost.
    But the loss itself is not an issue. How it happened is.
    Galatasaray turned the game around in second quarter but Fenerbahce came back in fourth quarter and had 73-65 lead with 5 minutes to go.
    They lost the game 75-80.
    They look dead, without energy, without team spirit.
    They need a miracle to turn their season around and even qualify to playoffs.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    Fenerbahce played Galatasaray today, and lost.
    But the loss itself is not an issue. How it happened is.
    Galatasaray turned the game around in second quarter but Fenerbahce came back in fourth quarter and had 73-65 lead with 5 minutes to go.
    They lost the game 75-80.
    They look dead, without energy, without team spirit.
    They need a miracle to turn their season around and even qualify to playoffs.
    I am talking about that the whole season but some Fener fans still believe season is not over. With this roster play off spot is hard limit

Quote Originally Posted by tronis View Post
    Out of curiosity what happened with Bogdanovic back then?I can't find any info on Google and it's the first time I hear about it..
    On that time, Real Madrid management was a disaster if we speak about young players. Bojan was the best on our team, and with 19 y old, he was loaned to Murcia. The loan was so bad, the he was close to leave basketball. He came back to Cinona, and then he recovered the feelings about basketball. Then, to Fenerbahçe, and finally to the NBA.

Something similar happened with Mirotic in Palencia, but he returned in time to Real Madrid.
    With the actual management, Bogdanovic would have shined here.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post

You can believe that budget is your main problem, I believe that building a team around historically bad shooting Pg is almost impossible.
    In other words, you believe that Pao will perform better if the budget is same and instead of Calathes they will buy one or two other players, between them a new leader (I wonder who would he be but this is another discussion)
    And I believe that Pao will perform better if Calathes stays and the budget reach the amount of (eg) Real's.

Interesting debate, to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    In other words, you believe that Pao will perform better if the budget is same and instead of Calathes they will buy one or two other players, between them a new leader (I wonder who would he be but this is another discussion)
    And I believe that Pao will perform better if Calathes stays and the budget reach the amount of (eg) Real's.

Interesting debate, to say the least
    I believe just replacing Calathes with James and giving him the keys, would have brought better results and you have 750.000 $ to upgrade the C.

Pao would have been significantly better, if they would have with extra money bought top class Pg and benched Calathes or give him second unit to run. Put Calathes in Real, give him the keys and you for sure make Real worse team. He would have been good for Real’s second unit though, not likely he will agree with that.

Do you really believe that 1-12 playoffs record has nothing to do with Calathes? Do you believe that his atrocious shooting doesn’t show in final results? Do you believe that Maccabi with Calathes instead of Rice would have won Euroleague?
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 02-27-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    previously known as Beno

it will be a close game in tel aviv. bartzokas system it would be very dangerous for us, even if we are clearely a better team

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I believe just replacing Calathes with James and giving him the keys, would have brought better results and you have 750.000 $ to upgrade the C.

Pao would have been significantly better, if they would have with extra money bought top class Pg and benched Calathes or give him second unit to run. Put Calathes in Real, give him the keys and you for sure make Real worse team. He would have been good for Real’s second unit though, not likely he will agree with that.

Do you really believe that 1-12 playoffs record has nothing to do with Calathes? Do you believe that his atrocious shooting doesn’t show in final results? Do you believe that Maccabi with Calathes instead of Rice would have won Euroleague?
    Bob, have you ever debated any of the mysteries of Twin Peaks for as long as you've been debating the merits of Nick Calathes? :P

I know you already said that Papaloukas was a better shooter (debatable imo) but do you think Calathes would thrive in a similar role to what he had in CSKA? Not starting games and often not playing 30 plus minutes, but a key player that was technically sixth man?

I am tired of this calathes discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Bob, have you ever debated any of the mysteries of Twin Peaks for as long as you've been debating the merits of Nick Calathes? :P

I know you already said that Papaloukas was a better shooter (debatable imo) but do you think Calathes would thrive in a similar role to what he had in CSKA? Not starting games and often not playing 30 plus minutes, but a key player that was technically sixth man?
    Papaloukas was a better shooter, but more importantly the game has changed. Teams are shooting much more 3s, at least 4 players in lineups are easily shooting 3. Spacing is much more important. Calathes just doesn’t fit in this new era. Having Calathes and classic big means, teams can easily close the paint and defend better shooters. I believe every coach is willing to risk that 25% 3 points shooter will beat him, and if you take the ball from Calathes’ hands, he becomes totally useless and you basically play 4 against 5.

Not 6th man, he would have been fantastic to run second unit, but you’re not paying 2.5 mio for a guy like that.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I am tired of this calathes discussion.
    Easy for you, having a player, who could have dominated in Nba too. Wait a minute...
    previously known as Beno

Vasa is cooking in Germany. With this defense on Efes Alba will catch 120 tonight. Step on their toes, boys.

What an upgrade for euroleague is Mirotic.

Love Berlin's off ball screens for open layups....Cool stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Vasa is cooking in Germany. With this defense on Efes Alba will catch 120 tonight. Step on their toes, boys.
    Great first quarter, bad second quarter.

Sadly for Berlin there's 2 ends of the floor....Efes scoring at will...

OK, best case scenario is about to happen. Moerman is back. Just one guy to return. Old guy Dunston!

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Great first quarter, bad second quarter.
    I had the impression that Alba didn't came out to win but to play a little basketball. It looked like a friendly game from both sides. And unfortunately a lot of these games will come up until regular season is finished.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast