Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 25

The problem is easy pointed out. Wrong roster. Catastrophe signings of players like Joff or Dwari (this guy got an extention of 3 years lmao). 2 millions for Sloukas who is based on his skillset maybe the half worth (his defense is utter shit this season). Dixon who was born b.c. got two years extention and got prefered over Biberovic in the turkish league. Vesely gets 2 million plus (a player who had always focus and injury issues).

The loss today is the result of an skilled roster with skilled players who know their role and some mediocre players with some deficiencies. The roster need to be build from the root.

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Obradovic has always had disaster seasons. But he'd bounce back. This was another after 4 years. He'll know what to do next season if Fener are smart enough to keep him.
    obradovic bounced back because he had diamantidis on his prime,spanoulis on his prime,jasikevicius on his prime,nicholas on his prime,batiste on his prime,pekovic on his prime +fotsis,tsartsaris and others. only de colo from those in fener would fit in those panathinaikos rosters. obradovic is still stuck on his old fashioned slow pace,low number of possesions,pick n roll based basketball thats becoming more and more easily beaten by teams that have more talent offensively and allowing their players to play more free. he also has many ex players or just mediocre players in his roster that need to be changed (all team apart from de colo).

datome is an ex player.
    kalinic is a role player that cant do shit apart from playing defence. the fact that datome is so bad,makes him look even worse
    williams is a joke. he had players like him at panathinaikos too(haislip etc) and that never worked well. the exact opposite (being thrown out by marousi and partizan in 2010 with the best roster ever in euroleague,our backcourt was diamantidis,calathes,spanoulis,saras,nicholas and tepic. like wtf)
    vesely is a volleyball player that can hype crowds and act like clown just like thanasis did at panathinaikos but he is just an athletic player that can only contribute by being fed easy baskets from guards and he is a terrible rim protector. he could be a backup center for fener though and nothing more
    the rest of the team are all players that would not even be in f4 contender team's roster apart from maybe westermann as a 3rd pg. dixon? lauvergne? duverioglou? nunnally? thomas? these are all trash guys for a team that has 30M budget and claim to be title contenders.
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Its unbelievable but I think similar like Saras. His luck was that greek player dont go to nba normally. It wont be that easy to build a new roster who suits the ZOC system. Playing over efficiency in offense and good rotation and helping in defense. De Colo is not the right player for Fener and also not Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Yeah ok, you won congrats. No need to kick your opponent when it lies on the ground. I am enjoying it too much but i dont want to provoke the fans here right now
    Let the guy enjoy the win Our team is in very bad shape and we deserved this traumatic defeat. The most annoying point is Fener took the easy way out and surrendered at the beginning of last period like it was away game with -30 diff.
    The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

I don't understand why Booker, Timma, Jerebko and Jovic don't beat the shit out of Shved at some airport. This is the only way this traumatic obstruction of his own team could stop. Issue was spoken about here multiple times but it's a joke, coach's a joke, Shved's a joke. This is insane.They would be a great team if he would just try to contribute in an effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    does anyone remember those comments about datome being the best (or among the best 3) SF in the league? this guy should retire this summer,he is not even able to score the easy shots right now
    Datome was among the best SFs in the league. The entire Fener team is playing like they have lost their souls (and skills).

For a long time, like most Fener fans, I was expecting a resurrection of some kind, but this deep into the season, with what we have seen today, I see no chance of recovery any more. even making the playoffs would be a surprise.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I don't understand why Booker, Timma, Jerebko and Jovic don't beat the shit out of Shved at some airport. This is the only way this traumatic obstruction of his own team could stop. Issue was spoken about here multiple times but it's a joke, coach's a joke, Shved's a joke. This is insane.They would be a great team if he would just try to contribute in an effective way.
    4 assists and only two 3 point attempts in the first half....Was watchin zalgiris but the numbers don't really look that selfish .....Was it that bad ?

its not about losing games. ok they lost to real,it happens. the fact that they will have 2 defeats against one of their main enemies to reach playoffs will be disastrous for fener. they will either want valencia to win all games after that(to avoid multiple ties,btw valencia has quite "easy" schedule until the end) and aim only for the 8th spot or win all of their games (which cant happen even in sci-fi scenarios cause fener is a bad team playing terrible basketball of another old age,which cant work nowadays)
    Hey Saras

I agree about Zeliko playing too slow but was just wondering what offensive sets in the half court would you rather see than the pick n roll ?

Main competitor for top 8 - Baskonia defeated.
    And point difference - in Zalgiris favor.

Very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Hey Saras

I agree about Zeliko playing too slow but was just wondering what offensive sets in the half court would you rather see than the pick n roll ?
    post offense, more freedom on players to selfcreate their shots (only de colo can probably do that,cause obradovic built the roster without an american guy like rice,delaney,james,larkin and others. his only guy of that kind is the grandpa dixon) and faster pace to have more chances for easy baskets.

just look at how panathinaikos is playing offensively (the best offense in the league this season with efes). even though we have calathes who is an expert on pick n roll,we dont use that a lot,only with papagiannis. most screens involved in the team's playstyle are made from guards (rice for example) to confuse the enemy team resulting in passes in the backline of the opposing team (calathes is elite on doing that of course but de colo or sloukas are good play makers too). of course there are plays and screens for fredette too,but anyway panathinaikos doesnt use many pick n roll actions in game. it all starts with the figure 8 in the first 4-5 seconds in each of our attacks,which results in movement from all the players early. fener's gameplan with infinite pick n roll between vesely and sloukas results in 2 guys crossing each other for 10-12 seconds and 3 more watching them in the arc. and that pick n roll is easily stopped when defence closes in cause kalinic is an awful shooter, williams too and only datome is a threat
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

post offense, more freedom on players to selfcreate their shots (only de colo can probably do that,cause obradovic built the roster without an american guy like rice,delaney,james,larkin and others. his only guy of that kind is the grandpa dixon) and faster pace to have more chances for easy baskets.

just look at how panathinaikos is playing offensively (the best offense in the league this season with efes). even though we have calathes who is an expert on pick n roll,we dont use that a lot,only with papagiannis. most screens involved in the team's playstyle are made from guards (rice for example) to confuse the enemy team resulting in passes in the backline of the opposing team (calathes is elite on doing that of course but de colo or sloukas are good play makers too). of course there are plays and screens for fredette too,but anyway panathinaikos doesnt use many pick n roll actions in game. it all starts with the figure 8 in the first 4-5 seconds in each of our attacks,which results in movement from all the players early. fener's gameplan with infinite pick n roll between vesely and sloukas results in 2 guys crossing each other for 10-12 seconds and 3 more watching them in the arc. and that pick n roll is easily stopped when defence closes in cause kalinic is an awful shooter, williams too and only datome is a threat
    Thanks for explaining it.

@saras, what did I told you? This 10 player danger for Olympiacos is total nonsense, if you have five injured and five healthy players you can still compete, only with five players. Rochestie, Spanoulis and the rest didn't die or left the club, they only got injured. Speaking of which, this Asvel team is total garbage, I mean they would lost even if Olympiacos played with only five players. And Zenit, boy oh boy, they did it again, they are falling apart every time when everybody expecting their victory. They were clear favorite, and they got destroyed in fourth quarter, as usual.

Zalgiris has worst team in competition, no proper point guard or center, but we play as a team, and Asvel, Bayern, Baskonia, Olympiacos, Zenit at home, even Khimki and Armani play like some amateurs, without any game plans and without energy.

Nando like he plays in Fener is a part of the problem not a solution. He has the ball far too much in his hands and plays disastrous D. He misses Teo tremendously. Then you have Vesely, who cant do anything what C should and Sloukas, whose only aspiration is to have the ball in his hands as much as possible. And like a cherry on the cake we have the best SF in the league, who is averaging 8/3/1. I'm not sure that Obra will stay till the end of the season, if they continue playing like that.
    previously known as Beno

I agree with most of Saras said and it's known we have big roster problem, thanks to Mr Gheradini and Zoc.

Just de Colo, 'Voleyball player'(who made 4 or 5 mid range shoots tonight) and Datome are players that deserve to continue in Fener.
    Datome was awful tonight but I don't agree he is ex player.

This is Obra fault and Laso outsmarted him, student beated teacher, not for the first time. The worst shooter in Fener( Kalinic ) took the most shoots of all players, which tells how Obradovic system broke down tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    I agree with most of Saras said and it's known we have big roster problem, thanks to Mr Gheradini and Zoc.

Just de Colo, 'Voleyball player'(who made 4 or 5 mid range shoots tonight) and Datome are players that deserve to continue in Fener.
    Datome was awful tonight but I don't agree he is ex player.

This is Obra fault and Laso outsmarted him, student beated teacher, not for the first time. The worst shooter in Fener( Kalinic ) took the most shoots of all players, which tells how Obradovic system broke down tonight.
    Vesely was nonexistent in the paint, not the first time this season and Nando is not a Pg, just drawing non shooting fouls is not enough, Nando organising plays is always good news for opponents. Datome is averaging 8/3/1, which is forgettable.
    previously known as Beno

What a performances from Milano, Baskonia and Asvel.

I have no idea how Jordi imagine nba version of euroleague, there is too much shity games every weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    What a performances from Milano, Baskonia and Asvel.

I have no idea how Jordi imagine nba version of euroleague, there is too much shity games every weak.
    You are forgetting Fener. It's mindblowing how easily Fener lost and by such a large margin, considering the crucialness of the game, the experience of the coach and players and the injuries of Real.

There are no other teams I can think of that would loose 30 points at home, perhaps Bayern.
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Quote Originally Posted by kzav View Post
    You are forgetting Fener. It's mindblowing how easily Fener lost and by such a large margin, considering the crucialness of the game, the experience of the coach and players and the injuries of Real.

There are no other teams I can think of that would loose 30 points at home, perhaps Bayern.
    The same for Fener yes but still Real is hell of strong team and in good shape. At the other side, Asvel is losing easy from 5 Oly players, Baskonia scored 50 at home and Milano looks like some bad comedy.

Great win for Oly. It seems that Span's injury may be beneficial. No more black holes at defense, no more ball-hogging.
    Also, the influence of Bartzokas is clearly visible.

Fener is still underperforming (considering their roster) and imo this is a result of wrong mentality. As I've said before, Obra has lost his authority on the team and he can't inspire his players any more. Perhaps Fener doesn't have F4 material this season but they deserve (rosterwise) something better than their place (8-11) and such humiliating defeats.
    The picture of Fener, the defeatism of their players, is something extraordinary for Obradovic's team and this is independent of coaching planning and tactics.

Olympiacos chances to reach TOP 8 are zero. They have tough schedule, and they have weak team, even with Rubbit, Paul and McKissic. And their yesterday roster is the worst roster in euroleague by far: Printezis, Papanikolau, four reserves and two juniors. But Asvel didn't won against some middle greek club with their awful game, both in offense and defense. They even bother to fight for the win.
    Now, we have Valencia with 12 wins, Armani, Khimki, Fenerbahce and Olympiacos with 11, Zalgiris and Red Star with 10 wins. If Zalgiris manage to win every game in Kaunas, and if we grab victory against Zenit in Russia (and they are awful at home, just awful) we can hope that we can reach eight position, which will be unbelievable.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast