Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 25

Quote Originally Posted by TheMirror View Post

Maccabi should be very worried about Aaron Jackson. He can't run a single set play. After more than two months with the team he still doesn't know the playbook. He hardly penetrates and almost never plays the pick and roll. Big flop at least so far.
    really?? are u sure ??
    well u learned something too late. jackson fail was written on his biography 33 yo last years far from europe. did u think better? jack-reynolds are the reason we cant get f4. after diba woulters black injuries we should add much much better players. thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Yes, but since Barca's bench was deeper, Pao's players were worn off in the dying minutes. Barca exhausted Calathes and Fredette throughout the game. Pao's bench is actually fairly good, but against Barca they fall short.
    You’re talking like Calathes was playing 40 minutes and Mirotic, Higgins and Delaney 20. The main difference is/was that Barca’s players can go Iso or shoot from where ever they want. Calathes cannot, because he’s historically bad shooter for his position. No team will respect his shooting in final minutes, they will rather take away his drives and pick&roll. That’s why his assists and 2 points attempts fall down significantly in the clutch. Calathes is shooting around 15% for 3 in last 2 months, that just isn’t good enough. I know that isn’t easy to take him out in crucial minutes, but Pitino will need to change something, because Pao is loosing many close games.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    Do you see the furure or did God tell you what will happen with fener home games that only away games are left as deciding factor?
    Not to mention knowing how rest of the teams will end...
    Fortune teller power!
    Take it easy, buddy. Just look at the schedule, Valencia has one more victory, and if they win against Fenerbahce, they will have basically 3 more wins. So, little or no chances for Fenerbahce to reach 7th position. And I wasn't the guy who predicted that Fenerbahce will be in TOP 8 no matter what. So, I only gave my personal opinion, of course that Fenerbahce may win nine games in a row and of course they may even grab 6th position, that just isn't realistic. So, Valencia has much easier schedule, Zalgiris also, and if we manage to win next three games, we will be in good position to reach TOP 8.
    Interesting enough, maybe Efes - Fener game will decide if Fener can reach 8th position (and play with Efes ) or they will miss TOP 8 games this season.

Yes, but since Barca's bench was deeper, Pao's players were worn off in the dying minutes. Barca exhausted Calathes and Fredette throughout the game. Pao's bench is actually fairly good, but against Barca they fall short.
    Fatigue plays a big part on the outcome of a game but most of the time is an excuse for when players underperform in crunch time.Pao started to collapse after papapetrou missed the open 3 and abrines scored.Next offense was a desperate shot by calathes and after that every offense was terrible with silly 1v5 drives and many turnovers.Also coach not taking time out when he sees his team being yolo is a big factor on losing.Even if they were really tired a time out would help to catch a breath.Really big missplay by pitino.About Calathes I agree with Beno that he is not reliable on end game and rice would be better in many cases.We saw pedoulakis giving him the last shot with alba even though he missed.Calathes is a stat freak for Europe lvl but he rarely carry his team on close game unlike players like span who might be a disaster for 35 min but can win you the game alone.
    Anyway I have seen many pao Games and I believe the real issue is freddete.And I'm not talking about his terrible defense but his inability to iso consistently like Mike James did.Rice does that better,he is more reliable in defense and costs 1/4 the money Jimmie takes.

Personally if I were a top 4 team, I wouldn't want Pao in the play offs.
    Well, at the moment we are not just there yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    There are still 9 games to play and PAO has one of the most difficult schedules (mostly away games) so the 6th rank is everything but not sure.
    When I said "aspires to be 6th" I meant it as an upper bound. I didn't mean that it's sure.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

I agree Jimmer has not been worth his money so far but thats the danger buying guys from China. You never know how they come over...

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I agree Jimmer has not been worth his money so far but thats the danger buying guys from China. You never know how they come over...
    And what are your thoughts on Wesley Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    Take it easy, buddy. Just look at the schedule, Valencia has one more victory, and if they win against Fenerbahce, they will have basically 3 more wins. So, little or no chances for Fenerbahce to reach 7th position. And I wasn't the guy who predicted that Fenerbahce will be in TOP 8 no matter what. So, I only gave my personal opinion, of course that Fenerbahce may win nine games in a row and of course they may even grab 6th position, that just isn't realistic. So, Valencia has much easier schedule, Zalgiris also, and if we manage to win next three games, we will be in good position to reach TOP 8.
    Interesting enough, maybe Efes - Fener game will decide if Fener can reach 8th position (and play with Efes ) or they will miss TOP 8 games this season.
    Seems like you strangely misinterpreted my post (as if I was predicting higher position for fener than you).

My point was that fener's position will be decided based on how they play 9 games.
    Not based on how they play away games (what, home games are irrelevant or you already concluded all home wins that only away games matter?)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567