Eurobasket 2022 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
    From all teams I've watched in this qualifiers Turkey is the by far biggest disappointment. Not because of the losses but because like Toruko said because of lack of everything. Looks really really bad.
    Its the role they get in their teams. They work well in a running system but now they must carry it themselves. The problem this time was big time Semih Erden. He fucked us everytime on the defensive end. The perimeter defense was bad this time. We gave too many open shots, couldnt grab rebounds. The guys were too nervous. There was no attack to the rim at all. IMO the wrong guys were chosen to play. Sanli the second big man obviously has been working on his shots but his problem with illegal screens might kill us.

At this point: we have to say Erden bye and play with the young guys who are not ready but hungry. When we suck we should suck with them.

1. get rid of the coach even if it costs Eurobasket 21
    2. give the guys bigger roles in their teams
    3. use young promising prospects instead of old ones who has no fire in them anymore.

Nevertheless there were also good signs. Especially Durmaz made a very good game on both sides.

I hoped that Metecan might have surpassed his mental blocks but his awareness of the game is still very bad. I have to admit that I overestimated some guys but I still think that they would work on a running system.

Now hopefully you understand why Mert Akay is so important for me

Comment

Originally posted by OffTheWallJamal View Post
      No Latvia in the Eurobasket 2021, all the best players in their prime will likely miss the biggest tournament of their life, just thanks to FIBA, they screwed the Latvian golden generation, as I root for them and have a lot of friends from that small Nation, it hurts very much.

If they do not make it, it will be a very big loss for basketball they could be a top 4 team in my opinion if all the best are available.

Looking at their roster for these games if all the best would be available maybe 2 players would make the roster from this current squad, Mejeris and Zagars or Skele.

Porzingis, Bertans brother, Strelnieks, Kurucs, Pasecniks, Smits, Lomazs, Peiners, Timma so much potential.
      [sarcasm]But.. but... it helps to rise the popularity of the game in other countries, to improve, what a great attendance records too. Latvia is already too good, too improved thnx to FIBA of course, let others rise now[/sarcasm]

Really, screw this FIBA, I just have no words how they fcked it all. The better leading players you have - the less chances to make it to major tournament

Comment

I think that every FIBA member deserves some kind of punishment for these qualifications.

Comment

Well, Latvia played a terrible ending of yesterday’s game against Bulgaria. They had all the freaking chances to secure the win.

Nevertheless, I agree with you about the shitty system. If Latvia does not make it to Eurobasket 2021, then it will be the THIRD major tournament (World Cup 2019, Olympics 2020, Eurobasket 2021) that Latvia is going to miss and a break of at least 5 years (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) without a normal national team tournament. What the hell guys? Knowing how freaking strong Latvia’s true squad actually is, this sounds like a disaster. A period of 5 years in basketball is so fking long. Players might end up their careers, generations might change and so on. This Latvia golden squad so far had only one chance to show themselves and it was before the terrible FIBA system was accepted (Eurobasket 2017). I’m just shaking my head. With all due respect, what do teams like Bulgaria, Great Britain, Hungary, Sweden, Netherlands, etc bring to the Eurobasket compared to fully loaded Latvia or hell even Turkey..

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            [sarcasm]But.. but... it helps to rise the popularity of the game in other countries, to improve, what a great attendance records too. Latvia is already too good, too improved thnx to FIBA of course, let others rise now[/sarcasm]

Really, screw this FIBA, I just have no words how they fcked it all. The better leading players you have - the less chances to make it to major tournament
            Well, like you said; those FIBA idiots probably think that their strategy is working because there's been those pretty big attendances... Actually it might be better that one of the (economical) power house like Turkey would end up missing the tournament. Maybe that would put end for this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post
              Well, like you said; those FIBA idiots probably think that their strategy is working because there's been those pretty big attendances... Actually it might be better that one of the (economical) power house like Turkey would end up missing the tournament. Maybe that would put end for this nonsense.
              The worst thing about it is that, I think, they understand all the negative things these changes brought, but they are closing their eyes to it and at the end nothing will change. To soften a situation, here and there they publishes some loud interviews about how it all works perfectly, how it exceeded their expectations and etc. Their priority was to rise the popularity of dying World Champ and make more money and they did it against all odds by killing the most prestigious Eurobasket as Olympic qualifier, ruining the system, making qualification to Olympics via World Cup simply stupid. I have no hope smth will change for the better, even if some big name won't qualify, I'm quite sure they would come with the statement that this is a great chance for others, how basketball gained more popularity in other nations and how their plans works...

Comment

Latvians top 7 players is world level for sure,the rest seems is c level...not good even for champions league level,thats how consider this qualification groups level.

People can blame fiba all they want, but comon those qualification opponenets is playing also with very average players and if again fail to make to second champ when 3 of 4 teams qualife from group is on Latvians not on fiba. World cup qualification draw was kinda tough on them i agree,but this eurobasket qualification group they must beat Bulgaria and Bosnia if they consider themself top 16 world team no excuses.They need to beat only one comon thats not impossible mission even for average level team...

if your second unit cant do that its on you.System is for everyone the same.

Teams/fans should stop crying and take their own responsability for choking in game endings like latvians did over and over again in last 2 qualification, they always in game and always finding ways to loose in the end.Thats not corrupted fibas fault.

You live by jumper and die by jumper atleats have some plan b and you will win atleats half of those endings

not only shoot shoot shoot treepointers and hope that balls will go in with tired legs in game endings.
                Last edited by Shawshank; 02-25-2020, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                  Latvians top 7 players is world level for sure,the rest seems is c level...not good even for champions league level,thats how consider this qualification groups level.

People can blame fiba all they want, but comon those qualification opponenets is playing also with very average players and if again fail to make to second champ when 3 of 4 teams qualife from group is on Latvians not on fiba. World cup qualification draw was kinda tough on them i agree,but this eurobasket qualification group they must beat Bulgaria and Bosnia if they consider themself top 16 world team no excuses.They need to beat only one comon thats not impossible mission even for average level team...

Teams/fans should stop crying and take their own responsability for choking in game endings like latvians did over and over again in last 2 qualification, they always in game and always finding ways to loose in the end.Thats not corrupted fibas fault.

You live by jumper and die by jumper atleats have some plan b and you will win atleats half of those endings

not only shoot shoot shoot treepointers and hope that balls will go in with tired legs in game endings.
                  It was like Bulgarian A team playing vs Latvian B one at best? Is that fair for you? Is system the same for everyone? A team vs B team playing? Why the hell Latvian B team must beat Bulgarian A tam to prove that Latvian A team is better? Is that how we decide the best basketball nations at the moment? It's pure nonsence from FIBA. None team is obliged to have strong second unit or some strong third string players, they must be obliged to have the best ones on court to decide which team is better. That's how sport should look like and not this absurd theatre. It's only FIBA's fault on this, not some nations

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post

Yeah ofcourse they blew that game last night, but to say Latvia has only 7 player depth and others are not champions league quality is ridiculous.

Why in football all the best can be available to qualify for big tournaments, why all the best players in hockey can be available for the Nation and can participate to make it to the Olympics.

Basketball is the only sport where all the best players can't help to qualify, it doesn't make sense.

Comment

I think that after gameday 2, two maybe three teams are in trouble. Turkey is the obvious candidate for elimination. in their group Netherlands is a solid team with a ten years core and some good pros. Croatia learned their lesson from the previous World Cup Qualifiers and decide to recall Ukic( wise choice in my opinion). They also took the games more seriously. Finally Sweden is playing with their B team(no Taylor, no Jerebko, no Eriksson) but didn't prevent them to beat Turkey easily. Turkey's problem is not the absence of Euroleague players. The problem is the NBA absentees. Even with Larkin Turkey will have problems to advance.

Two more teams will find hard to qualify. Spain (probably they will finish in third place) and Russia. As for Latvia the group is very weak, so everybody can win it. Finally Greece will have major problem after the Olympic Games. But for now we keep the winning mode. Maybe this will change in the next window although I am not very optimistic about the future of our team.

Comment

Turkey will never struggle with Larkin with a serious one at least but the next window is in November if i am not mistaken. Hell be in the NBA then (most likely). The problem are not the Euroleague players. Turks have just 3 of them with really small roles. We must raise some guys who can carry or facilitate the whole team outside of the nba. In fact the problem came to a good time. A Larkin would deceive us from the real problems.

The real problem are not the opponents. Of course Sweden and NL have full rosters and are used to each other but the individual skill set of the turkish player must be enough. Turkeys problem is in the most crucial spots. One and Five. In addition to that, the coach has been doing a horrible job and doesnt see a slightest problem with himself.

I think at this point it is even better not to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                          Turkey will never struggle with Larkin with a serious one at least but the next window is in November if i am not mistaken. Hell be in the NBA then (most likely). The problem are not the Euroleague players. Turks have just 3 of them with really small roles. We must raise some guys who can carry or facilitate the whole team outside of the nba. In fact the problem came to a good time. A Larkin would deceive us from the real problems.

The real problem are not the opponents. Of course Sweden and NL have full rosters and are used to each other but the individual skill set of the turkish player must be enough. Turkeys problem is in the most crucial spots. One and Five. In addition to that, the coach has been doing a horrible job and doesnt see a slightest problem with himself.

I think at this point it is even better not to qualify.
                          Sweden are missing Jerebko and Eriksson as it was previously mentioned and I don't know if Jeff Taylor still plays for them. Those are huge absences for a team like Sweden.

In any case 3 out of 4 teams qualify to the tournament so Turkey or Latvia would need to blow it big time in order to miss it.
                          1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by OffTheWallJamal View Post
                            why all the best players in hockey can be available for the Nation and can participate to make it to the Olympics.
                            Ice Hockey? So called World Championship is played every year at the same time they are playing play offs in NHL. And all the serious teams qualify to Olympics with any qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                              Sweden are missing Jerebko and Eriksson as it was previously mentioned and I don't know if Jeff Taylor still plays for them. Those are huge absences for a team like Sweden.
                              Yes they are but none of them can create their own shot. I haven't seen Ludvig HÃ¥kanson or Tobias Borg for a long long time. Can they create? If yes, full power Sweden is actually pretty decent team.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post
                                Ice Hockey? So called World Championship is played every year at the same time they are playing play offs in NHL. And all the serious teams qualify to Olympics with any qualification.

Could it be because there's simply less serious hockey countries in the world?
                                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information