Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket 2022 Qualifiers

Always had a feeling that Bugrahan Tuncer is better than Larkin

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Important victory for Turkey! Good job.

I would be very happy if someone could clarify me the situation in this group. There are millions of possibilities who can go through and who can be last in group still after this game.

I really don't get it 100%. If Croats win both which results lead a) Turkey, b) Netherlands, and c) Sweden to next round?

Only thing I am 100% sure is that Netherlands and Turkey are through if they both win 1 game and Turkey and Netherlands both are through if NED beats Croatia. But if Croats win both and Swedes beat Netherlands everything really gets complicated.
    If Netherlands wins tonight Sweden is out. If not, they will play against Sweden and decide who will pass.
    Turkey will pass if win against Croatia or if Netherlands win one of two games.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    If Netherlands wins tonight Sweden is out. If not, they will play against Sweden and decide who will pass.
    Turkey will pass if win against Croatia or if Netherlands win one of two games.
    Thanks, bro.

And in case if Sweden beats Netherlands with more than 11 points Turkey is through if they lose both and Croatia beats NED. Just to complete. So I got it correctly. thanks.

Sanli made the difference at the end with 3pt and stolen ball. Great guy

Tie break was crutial against Sweden, not just win

Thanks, bro.

And in case if Sweden beats Netherlands with more than 11 points Turkey is through if they lose both and Croatia beats NED. Just to complete. So I got it correctly. thanks.
    Sweden -3
    Turkey -4
    Netherlands +7

If Sweden beats them less then +12 Turkey is out in that scenario

I saw my boy Sengün shaking because of his excitement. The poor kid must carry an entire country with 18 years. All of our Scorers except Larkin (technically) are in the NBA but despite the others having other roles 24 Assists are not bad at all. Sengün showed again his play making potential with 3 good assists from the paint. Just his pick and roll game with Tuncer and Larkin must be better coordinated.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Sweden -3
    Turkey -4
    Netherlands +7

If Sweden beats them less then +12 Turkey is out in that scenario
    Yeah, but that's what I said

By the way I don't know one player of this Greek team. This is really a total capitulation for FIBA and a big shame what they are doing for basketball. Nothing new, but just to mention again.

Yes

By the way I don't know one player of this Greek team. This is really a total capitulation for FIBA and a big shame what they are doing for basketball. Nothing new, but just to mention again.
    There is a kid 2001 born. Was making waves last season. Zois Karampelas. Mouratos has been playing a great season in Greece in Lavrio if I am not mistaken. He should be born 96 or 97, play maker. Moraitis 99 born too. The next generation of play maker if you want it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    There is a kid 2001 born. Was making waves last season. Zois Karampelas. Mouratos has been playing a great season in Greece in Lavrio if I am not mistaken. He should be born 96 or 97, play maker. Moraitis 99 born too. The next generation of play maker if you want it that way.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...ouratos-1.html
    If this is a great season I don't want to know what is a bad one

Generally this is not Greece B but Greece C and shows how idiotic this qualifiers are. If they make it, they should make it outside NBA and EL season.

I said even during qualifiers for World Cup. Why not making round robbing tournament in 14 days in one summer and complete qualifiers. 4-6 games and everything is finished. FIBA also now has format to let play Luxembourg, Andorra and Azerbaijan two years before their first round qualifiers, everything could be completed until 1 year before major tournaments and we all could see our best players and not this circus like it is now. You have at least some A players, but many countries play this qualifiers literally without whole team. This is really not the sense of it.

OK since NL beat Croatia we are qualified. I think the Sarica change was needed even though risky. We avoided a catastrophe in the last second and can play the last game with ease.

Latvians must feel horrible. Excellent team that most likely misses consecutive tournaments. Incredible.

Latvia lost one more heartbreak by 1 point to Bulgaria (65-66) and not qualified to eurobasket 2022.

Nobody would have believed that Latvian golden generation by their standarts who gave final worthy fight in eurobasket 2017 to Slovenia simply cant qualife to any fiba tournament since...

in 2017 summer Latvia and Lithuania played friendly game with full rosters and Latvia beat us in Riga .At that time their was seriuos talks/discusion who has more tallent overall ... and seeing what is going on with Latvians now is painfull.

I just hope 2 days from now nothing similiar will happen with Lithuania NT. We will be playing our do or die game on Monday too.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 02-20-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Good job from Fiba to screw Latvia yet again. Not to take anything from Bulgaria but this is an absolute shitfest having most teams lacking 10 to 12 main players from their squads just because these Fiba oligarchs decided to put some kind of qualification through the season and not at summer, knowing no NBA player would ever take part at it.

Its a big loss not to see Porzingis, Strelnieks, Bertan brohs and many more in Eurobasket.

Can someone inform me about LTUs situation. Are you guys qualified? Mindozas?

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Can someone inform me about LTUs situation. Are you guys qualified? Mindozas?
    We are not yet. It will be us or Denmark on Monday. But I'm quite calm this time. I liked our energy, attitude tonight and Denmark looked horrible vs Belgium, so I don't know what should happen for us to lose

Regarding Latvia, well FUCK YOU FIBA once again

France beats Montenegro and locks up a spot for them and surprise Great Britain.
    Pistons: 2019-2020 Blow it up, just blow it all up.

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    France beats Montenegro and locks up a spot for them and surprise Great Britain.
    And eliminates Montenegro as another victim of this system.

Btw, this hosts participation in qualies and having their W/L count in standings is such an absurd too. I'm ok if teams participates, they have to do that somewhere, but if they already are in, don't count their games into overall standings, leave 3 teams group and 2 qualifying spots, without any influence of teams which is not in question

Bulgaria is a potential dark horse of the tournament. Don’t look at me like that... ��
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast