Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eurobasket 2020 Qualifiers

Turkey will never struggle with Larkin with a serious one at least but the next window is in November if i am not mistaken. Hell be in the NBA then (most likely). The problem are not the Euroleague players. Turks have just 3 of them with really small roles. We must raise some guys who can carry or facilitate the whole team outside of the nba. In fact the problem came to a good time. A Larkin would deceive us from the real problems.

The real problem are not the opponents. Of course Sweden and NL have full rosters and are used to each other but the individual skill set of the turkish player must be enough. Turkeys problem is in the most crucial spots. One and Five. In addition to that, the coach has been doing a horrible job and doesnt see a slightest problem with himself.

I think at this point it is even better not to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Turkey will never struggle with Larkin with a serious one at least but the next window is in November if i am not mistaken. Hell be in the NBA then (most likely). The problem are not the Euroleague players. Turks have just 3 of them with really small roles. We must raise some guys who can carry or facilitate the whole team outside of the nba. In fact the problem came to a good time. A Larkin would deceive us from the real problems.

The real problem are not the opponents. Of course Sweden and NL have full rosters and are used to each other but the individual skill set of the turkish player must be enough. Turkeys problem is in the most crucial spots. One and Five. In addition to that, the coach has been doing a horrible job and doesnt see a slightest problem with himself.

I think at this point it is even better not to qualify.
    Sweden are missing Jerebko and Eriksson as it was previously mentioned and I don't know if Jeff Taylor still plays for them. Those are huge absences for a team like Sweden.

In any case 3 out of 4 teams qualify to the tournament so Turkey or Latvia would need to blow it big time in order to miss it.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OffTheWallJamal View Post
    why all the best players in hockey can be available for the Nation and can participate to make it to the Olympics.
    Ice Hockey? So called World Championship is played every year at the same time they are playing play offs in NHL. And all the serious teams qualify to Olympics with any qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Sweden are missing Jerebko and Eriksson as it was previously mentioned and I don't know if Jeff Taylor still plays for them. Those are huge absences for a team like Sweden.
    Yes they are but none of them can create their own shot. I haven't seen Ludvig Håkanson or Tobias Borg for a long long time. Can they create? If yes, full power Sweden is actually pretty decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyh View Post
    Ice Hockey? So called World Championship is played every year at the same time they are playing play offs in NHL. And all the serious teams qualify to Olympics with any qualification.

Could it be because there's simply less serious hockey countries in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyh View Post
    Ice Hockey? So called World Championship is played every year at the same time they are playing playoffs in NHL. And all the serious teams qualify for Olympics with any qualification.
    I was talking more about the Olympics.

Not happening to the team's who are in the 7th or lower in the rankings, for example, to qualify for Olympics 2022 the tournament will happen before the season starts in August, what is the problem for basketball federation to put qualifying tournaments before the season late summer?

Latvia isn't in this situation because they lack their NBA and Euroleague players, they lost two games because they were not able to gather their best possible team without NBA and Euroleague players.

National team GM Artūrs Štālbergs: "Savukārt Ingus Jakovičs man pateica, ka būs, kārtojām visus lidošanas dokumentus, bet nākamajā dienā viņš pēkšņi pateica, ka nebūs. Ingus arī pēc tam nolēma ignorēt vairākus telefona zvanus. Tas tā nebūs, ka spēlētāji tagad nebrauks un viss būs kārtībā. Kad spēlētājiem vajag izlasi, tad viņi ir, kad izlasei vajag, tad viņi domā. "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123