Eurobasket 2022 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post
    Ice Hockey? So called World Championship is played every year at the same time they are playing playoffs in NHL. And all the serious teams qualify for Olympics with any qualification.
    I was talking more about the Olympics.

Not happening to the team's who are in the 7th or lower in the rankings, for example, to qualify for Olympics 2022 the tournament will happen before the season starts in August, what is the problem for basketball federation to put qualifying tournaments before the season late summer?

Comment

Latvia isn't in this situation because they lack their NBA and Euroleague players, they lost two games because they were not able to gather their best possible team without NBA and Euroleague players.

National team GM Artūrs Štālbergs: "Savukārt Ingus Jakovičs man pateica, ka būs, kārtojām visus lidošanas dokumentus, bet nākamajā dienā viņš pēkšņi pateica, ka nebūs. Ingus arī pēc tam nolēma ignorēt vairākus telefona zvanus. Tas tā nebūs, ka spēlētāji tagad nebrauks un viss būs kārtībā. Kad spēlētājiem vajag izlasi, tad viņi ir, kad izlasei vajag, tad viņi domā. "
      Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

I read now in Croatian media that Efes gave okay to Simon to play vs. Sweden but not vs. Turkey - I have no words for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
          I read now in Croatian media that Efes gave okay to Simon to play vs. Sweden but not vs. Turkey - I have no words for this.
          I really hope this is a fake news........
          EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Originally posted by radallo View Post
            I really hope this is a fake news........

Korac is pretty reliable usually.

I don't blame Turkish federation. This whole FIBA system is to be blamed that such things are possible. I hope really the top federations will stop this circus next year. Spaniards made move in this direction a few years ago. Such an idiotic system. You play qualifiers with your C teams.
            Last edited by Katastroika; 11-25-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Croatia will play against Sweden at Sunday, but against Turkey in Friday.Play against Turkey means absence against Crvena Zvezda in Euroleague, play against Sweden means absence in TBL, what is game of lesser importance .Of course, one of the reason is because it Turkey`s opponent is Croatia, but mostly clubs don`t allow to players play for NT if is it in same time .So, Simon ironically can be satisfied .

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
                Croatia will play against Sweden at Sunday, but against Turkey in Friday.Play against Turkey means absence against Crvena Zvezda in Euroleague, play against Sweden means absence in TBL, what is game of lesser importance .Of course, one of the reason is because it Turkey`s opponent is Croatia, but mostly clubs don`t allow to players play for NT if is it in same time .So, Simon ironically can be satisfied .
                The side that can be satisfied the most is Turkey, though. Croatia loses it best player and only one who can carry the team even player wanted to play this game. And ironically biggest losers of this are Sweden and Netherlands

Even I see situation different than you I can agree that the word "ironically" is really the right one here. Very difficult to take this qualification serious.

Comment

https://sportnet.rtl.hr/vijesti/5451...rotiv-svedske/
                  Korac is pretty reliable usually.

I don't blame Turkish federation. This whole FIBA system is to be blamed that such things are possible. I hope really the top federations will stop this circus next year. Spaniards made move in this direction a few years ago. Such an idiotic system. You play qualifiers with your C teams.
                  But actually there isn't written that it's Efes decision to keep him away from game vs Turkey At least the way google transltor did its job, that's how it looks like. I've made an impression that if he will be available in time and will want to he might play that game, but realistically he will only against Sweden. Afterall, Simon is 35yo, that would be simply not wise to play for him two days in a row including flights, then also play on Sunday. I guess player himself won't take such risks, he should have major minutes in Belgrade either

Comment

I really hope that it is like that but I have my serious doubts and following Croatian portals I am not the only one. For me is logical consequence that when he received green light for Sweden that he didn't for Turkey.
                    Anyways, I look forward to this game as it should be a good one and maybe the best of all round.

The major problem is that such things (however you call them) shouldn't even be possible. We are 10.000 miles away from professionalism of FIFA/UEFA. As bad as they are either, they are NBA for FIBA.
                    I hope for a good game as it should be the best in this windows.

Btw I heard interesting "insights" from bubble in Finland. Information comes from a Serbian player that is there (I am friend with a relative). It's even forbid to leave the room except for eating and practice. They are in single rooms. It's somewhere between bubble and prison. Kokoskov left very good impresion on the guys. His knowledge is gigantic according to what I've heard. I hope Fener fans won't got angry on reading that I understand his underperforming there.

Comment

Yeah, regarding bubble it's pretty much the same here in Lithuania, all teams are living in different floors of hotel, they can't leave it. Everyone lives alone in their room. They can meet at dinner table, but just take food and get back to eat at own room or simply food can be delivered there. Up to 5 people in weightlifting gym and etc. However there're some more additional space for entertainment for each team, where they'll able to get together, watch TV, play playstation, table tennis and so on, but of course with some distance restrictions. Anyway, I kinda doubt that current generation of players will have troubles with it, what so ever most of them has their noses in phones all the time

Regarding Istanbul bubble, I've read that Sweden has some important missings like Hakanson being covid positive, Birgander decided to stay in Badalona, he was really good this season as Tomic back-up, then couple other important guys are out too, I guess Croatia should do the job there, the same like Netherlands vs Sweden. For Turkey it might be difficult tho

Comment

I read Hungarian team left bubble because of COVID-19 cases

I hope games will be rescheduled and not counted 0-20 which would be desastrous blow for Hungary.

Comment

I read Hungarian team left bubble because of COVID-19 cases

I hope games will be rescheduled and not counted 0-20 which would be desastrous blow for Hungary.
                          The games of Austria - Hungary on November 28 and Slovenia - Hungary on November 30 will not take place and will be rescheduled in the February 2021 window.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

Good news!

Comment

Turkey announced squad for tonight, Larkin is in, along with Balbay, Sanli and Tuncer from Efes. It will be interesting to see how they'll do, that trip should've cost some mess in preparation. I think Croatia might have not bad chance for upset, they will be more ready.

Lithuania should have an easy night tonight. Denmark without Shields, and without few other important guys like best bigmen Larsen, forwards Jukic, Gilling. Not a sound names but important absentees for a team like Danes. Lundberg alone hardly will cause too much troubles. Good preparation for us before Belgium game, even tho they are also weakened

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                                Turkey announced squad for tonight, Larkin is in, along with Balbay, Sanli and Tuncer from Efes. It will be interesting to see how they'll do, that trip should've cost some mess in preparation. I think Croatia might have not bad chance for upset, they will be more ready.

Lithuania should have an easy night tonight. Denmark without Shields, and without few other important guys like best bigmen Larsen, forwards Jukic, Gilling. Not a sound names but important absentees for a team like Danes. Lundberg alone hardly will cause too much troubles. Good preparation for us before Belgium game, even tho they are also weakened
                                Under normal circumstances I would have been with you but there is a hidden one man army in the roster and I am not talking about Larkin.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information