Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 24

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Unless you're talking about being on the bench looking bored, you're wrong. Maybe you're thinking of a different player.
    No, absolutely not. Why should I think of a different player, what a senseless comment.

I watched every game of his national team career. He played excellent qualifications and preparations of World Cup and until everything broke apart against Spain in 2nd quarter (but really he was the smallest problem in this situation). He averaged 7/3 in just 14mins at World Cup shooting 78% from the field scoring in all variations. The problem is that he wasn't even sent in the post as often as he should have been. I don't force you to like him, I don' thave good feelings about him, too (he is Partizan player, his behavior in derbies was a scandal here, he is much more normal in Greece now as far as I can see) but saying that he has no post moves is simply not true.

no coach could be considered guilthy of injuries if he ask for hard training sessons.in sport the more u have hard training the more u'll be in health. i dot see mta training session.sfair could be guilthy jst if he would plain daily soft sessions. anyway he is not merotocratic coach.diba/ kane-pargo last year .long min to acy is simpy a bball mistery s acy/cohen min played are anti-meritocratic decisions as he incredibly cutted caloiaro to bring acy despite calo great season under him last year

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    No, absolutely not. Why should I think of a different player, what a senseless comment.

I watched every game of his national team career. He played excellent qualifications and preparations of World Cup and until everything broke apart against Spain in 2nd quarter (but really he was the smallest problem in this situation). He averaged 7/3 in just 14mins at World Cup shooting 78% from the field scoring in all variations. The problem is that he wasn't even sent in the post as often as he should have been. I don't force you to like him, I don' thave good feelings about him, too (he is Partizan player, his behavior in derbies was a scandal here, he is much more normal in Greece now as far as I can see) but saying that he has no post moves is simply not true.
    Serbia was averaging 50-point wins or something at some point in the world cup, with Milutinov barely on the court. His 7/3 along with his being next to Radulica (!!!) in the rotation speak volumes.
    He has absolutely no post moves, he's like a flatfooted T-Rex and his finishing near the rim isn't better than anyone else's at that height.
    He also has terrible work ethic, having been at a decent physical condition (far from perfect but at least resembling an athlete) for about 3 months in the past 5 years.
    He doesn't shoot (even Pleiss learnt how to do it), he can't defend at the perimeter and he doesn't protect the rim.

At least Papagiannis has a very good chance of becoming like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Serbia was averaging 50-point wins or something at some point in the world cup, with Milutinov barely on the court. His 7/3 along with his being next to Radulica (!!!) in the rotation speak volumes.
    He has absolutely no post moves, he's like a flatfooted T-Rex and his finishing near the rim isn't better than anyone else's at that height.
    He also has terrible work ethic, having been at a decent physical condition (far from perfect but at least resembling an athlete) for about 3 months in the past 5 years.
    He doesn't shoot (even Pleiss learnt how to do it), he can't defend at the perimeter and he doesn't protect the rim.

At least Papagiannis has a very good chance of becoming like him.
    OK. Maybe I really watched a different player. Anyways, in three months he is gone and a new beginning in Olympiakos is possible.

And for the post moves, you can find 5 even in this video from your fellow fans:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3typg3A9E

Cheers.
    Last edited by Katastroika; 02-09-2020 at 02:06 PM.

I don't understand why Obradovic doesn't utilise Dixon, especially when Westermann misses all 3pt shots. Does he have any problem with him? Maccabi of course says thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    I don't understand why Obradovic doesn't utilise Dixon, especially when Westermann misses all 3pt shots. Does he have any problem with him? Maccabi of course says thank you.
    Westermann did make one triple shot, but thanks anyway, though, Dixon 3p shooting percentage dropped sharply since last year. Injury we don't know about?

Oh, and having looked through last 4 seconds few times, I need to mention great defence by Maccabi after Hunter's basket - there were three Maccabi players blocking Williams and making his 3pointer very difficult (well, as they say, if it's 78:77 Maccabi never looses).
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 02-11-2020 at 01:33 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Dixon has been completely useless in the last few Euroleague games he had playing time... Coming from a total fan of the guy
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Dixon has been completely useless in the last few Euroleague games he had playing time... Coming from a total fan of the guy
    I havent expected such a downfall but it was clear that he wouldnt be useful anymore. Another big mistake of Fenerbahce and ZOC.

I havent seen just one crossover shot of him what is his special move. A 170cm guy who lived from his scoring naturally becomes useless when he gets old

BTW, isn't Avdija's "dunk of the millenium", or whatever, a travelling offence?

Pretty sure he does a little shuffle before the step-and-a-half?

BTW2: How do you call that "step and a half" in English?
    *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
    Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

Quote Originally Posted by DraxDomax View Post
    BTW, isn't Avdija's "dunk of the millenium", or whatever, a travelling offence?

Pretty sure he does a little shuffle before the step-and-a-half?

BTW2: How do you call that "step and a half" in English?
    I don't see a traveling here. To me it doesn't look like close call, I doubt any ref would call it.

Traveling rules may seem easy to understand, but in the real-life, as always things are more complicated.
    NBA adopted a rule system that allows the '0 step' or 'gathering step'. A rule that was exploded heavily by top NBA players most notably by James Harden. (Youtube full of videos by professional refs explaining '0 step' or when we actually start counting steps?). As far as I remember FIBA aligned with NBA rules on this matter, but I do not have the reference to prove it right now.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789