Euroleague Regular Season: Week 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
    Khimki shot more 3's than 2's.......I'm a big fan of the 3 ball but even for me that's a bit crazy....

KURTINAITIS pointed it out in his post game comments.....He seemed disapointed about their descision making , especially Shved...

Seems like a pretty smart coach when he speaks but he just can't seem to get them to play the way he wants them to consistently.....

https://www.euroleague.net/main/resu...=E2019#!quotes
    i always tought 2 and 3 p attempting should be balanced. around 55% 2p and 45% 3p or even 50-50 but is not secondary the way shoot are created. own created 3p shoot has less value than an assisted shoot. kimki as maccabi are lately shooting counting on individualism of their shooter. this is not hq bball org altought yesterday, apart shved shoots, kimki showed a good ball moviment for shooter even better than ours. shved is the real kimki problem.players who want to play their own personal match vs all, must have at least 50% shooting pecent. if lower, they were a big problem for the team
    Last edited by maccabeo; 02-06-2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• I can't see Saras around and his famous comments and predictions
      Where is the guy, I worry a bit
      Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
      SG/PG: Walden
      SG: Loyd
      SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
      SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
      PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
      PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
      C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

• Originally posted by Gudura View Post
        I can't see Saras around and his famous comments and predictions
        Where is the guy, I worry a bit
        He might be working on revising these comments:

Originally posted by saras View Post
        lets say panathinaikos will lose 5 games (real,fener,efes,barcelona and 1 more). do you really think that fener will win 12/13 games? and finish the second round with 15-2? even efes had worse record in the first round and they are the best team so far in the league. cause thats what fener needs. 4 more wins in 13 games (and one of them being the one in the match between the 2 teams)

panathinaikos schedule is not easy but the away games apart from real and efes are all winnable. even the game at efes cause efes will probably be without any interest. baskonia has a tough home court arena,but they will most probably be out of top8 in the last round. the other away matches (valencia,red star,olympiakos,alba) are against teams that are much worse than panathinaikos. not saying we will win them all,but they are not games that are considered tough. just typical away games against mid-low tier teams
        Originally posted by saras View Post
        bad game from calathes and rice (probably they bet before the match who can play worse) and deserved defeat from a bad team. its an achievement to lose twice from such a bad team this year and with almost 100 points today. we will be 2 points below 4th place before the easy schedule begins (next 6 games i expect a 6-0),so we need to wait and see what maccabi and csska do in the next 1.5 month. as for armani they might be tied with us now,but in 10 days after double week and the week after they will be 3 points below again (efes,maccabi,fener in a row all away from home)
        So these are the remaining games for Pao, yikes... Do y'all think they will be able to stay in playoffs?

24 vs Zenit St Petersburg February 07
        25 vs FC Barcelona February 21
        26 at Real Madrid February 24
        27 at Olympiacos Piraeus March 03
        28 vs CSKA Moscow March 05
        29 at Fenerbahce Beko Istanbul March 13
        30 at ALBA Berlin March 19
        31 vs Khimki Moscow Region March 25
        32 at Anadolu Efes Istanbul March 27
        33 vs Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv April 03
        34 at KIROLBET Baskonia Vitoria-Gasteiz April 10
        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Wow, Shved!

I felt sorry for Khimki yesterday. They deserved to win and Shved just handed the W to Maccabi.

I mean, I get the whole "star player" thing. A team that wants to go the the highest level MUST have a star.
          Iverson, Kobe - these weren't high efficiency players but they could get their team to the highest level.
          I think it's something about how any opposing team knows there's this guy who WILL take the shot and if you don't guard him, he WILL make it and he WILL bury you.
          But some of these shots weren't just bad, they were hopeless.

Shved such an interesting character. Definitely a top tier talent but way too loose.
          He has such light feet on offense but a defensive hole.
          He knows how to break defenses apart. So, he knows the game very well.
          But where is that basketball IQ on D?!

Terrible game by Maccabi but understandable - they are playing with the 2/3'rd team now.
          *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
          Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post

So these are the remaining games for Pao, yikes... Do y'all think they will be able to stay in playoffs?

If Calathes continues to shoot 15% for 3, like in his last 12 games, things might get complicated. My prediction still is that they qualify and lose 1:3 in playoffs. Business like usual.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

• There is a reason why Pao, Milan and Valencia choked and they lose the games that they could win, because of the fear of Fenerbahçe, we are coming for their playoff spot.
              FENERBAHÇE
              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
              --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
              --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Congrats to Red Star! And unlucky for Valencia...

So Fener, who is having a terrible season, is only 2 games behind Pao who is having an amazing season with the genius mastermind coach Pitino and NBA superstar Calathes. We will see how it ends, but there's a joke here somewhere
                And Pao will come to Ãœlker arena, I see that difference as 1 game only.
                FENERBAHÇE
                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                  There's obvious logical explanation - amateur management. It's been like that for years in Khimki. The main star of the team is Shved, not a coach. He is like superstar there in management eyes, you can see in any interview how they are so proud to have him, while Shved every offseason plays little mind games like he might leave for NBA and etc, which keeps management on the edge of their seats and they does everything to comfort him. Shved doesn't need strict coach. Kurtinaitis already got sacked few years ago from the same Khimki cause he had balls to confront Shved playing style. It was quick and it was easy decision from management - coach has to go, cause Shved didn't like that. Now Kurtinaitis is back and he knows what will happen if he will make some noise again. He is not a big name coach, not some rising coach, who will find other job in Euroleague. Most likely some Rytas again or some other lower level club, maybe Russian one, cause he gets along well with basketball people there. But obviously he wants to coach in EL, he said that lot of times. So he either has to shut up, live with that, either he will be sacked again. But knowing Kurtinaitis, his tongue, which is his worst enemy,wouldn't be surprised that he will say smth sooner or later and will be kicked out again. Anyway, Kurtinaitis is also another failure of management, but the main cancer is Shved, also a reason why Kurtinaitis is there, not much top coaches would like to play that role as Shved's puppy
                  Amazing post. I take it you're not believing Shved's hints about leaving Khimki this summer then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gershon Temerov View Post
                    Round23 (4-5FEB20)

CSKA Moscow - Anadolu Efes 55-45
                    Zalgiris - Olympiacos 50-50
                    ASVEL Villeurbanne - Bayern Munich 55-45
                    AX Armani Milan - ALBA Berlin 60-40
                    Real Madrid - Baskonia 70-30
                    Zenit St Petersburg - Fenerbahce 40-60
                    Crvena Zvezda - Panathinaikos 45-55
                    Maccabi Tel Aviv - Khimki 55-45
                    Valencia Basket - FC Barcelona 40-60
                    I am new here, can I ask what these numbers and red color stand for?

Comment

They will win against Zenit, Khimki and Maccabi ( that has been plagued by injuries ).

It is the OAKA factor that will probably allow Panathinaikos OPAP to enter the playoffs ( and then go home after 3 games as usual )
                      The atmosphere in that arena with dpg and his minions creating a hostile environment against the referees, usually tips the balance in favour of Panathinaikos OPAP when they are playing against teams besides the top 5

Only if Panathinaikos OPAP shoots badly from the three-point line there is a chance for the visiting team to win in OAKA

Comment

• Originally posted by DraxDomax View Post
                        I am new here, can I ask what these numbers and red color stand for?
                        Estimated wining percentages, and red shows who will win (according to the poster)
                        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Very tough schedule.

Comment

• I would like to ask something unrelated here about opening a new thread. Obviously, opening a new thread to ask if I can open a new thread about something is kinda weird.
                            So, here goes:

Will you guys be interested in a thread about betting? I sometimes see some interesting/profitable odds and I think in general it may be interesting to see how other people
                            have done or if they are willing to share tips

Comment

• Originally posted by DraxDomax View Post
                              I would like to ask something unrelated here about opening a new thread. Obviously, opening a new thread to ask if I can open a new thread about something is kinda weird.
                              So, here goes:

Will you guys be interested in a thread about betting? I sometimes see some interesting/profitable odds and I think in general it may be interesting to see how other people
                              have done or if they are willing to share tips
                              I do a little in game betting...I like the adjusted in game spreads...I find it increases the odds of winning.....I'm cool with the threead if you do it....

I got a couple other ideas for threads i might start eventually....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman365 View Post
                                I do a little in game betting...I like the adjusted in game spreads...I find it increases the odds of winning.....I'm cool with the threead if you do it....

I got a couple other ideas for threads i might start eventually....
                                Well, that didn't turn out favorably

I don't know who's the admin here or what exactly is against the rules?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information