Euroleague Regular Season: Week 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deschain View Post
    This is why I said, when Efes beat Barça, that Efes still needed to beat PAO at OAKA.
    I don't think there is anything magical about OAKA but it is definitely a very tough place to play at, particularly for Turkish teams and Ataman.
    If you're losing even to a mediocre PAO (and to a mediocre OLY at SEF for that matter), that shows that you're not mentally ready for the challenges to come.
    I'm not saying that PAO is mediocre this year but the way Efes lost that game with Micic breaking down completely, was not a pleasant precursor for the remainder of the season.

But after seening Efes vs Madrid and CSKA I can say that my worries are alleviated to an extent.

I agree that Zalgiris has a considerable chance tomorrow.
    Playing vs CSKA and vs Zalgiris are two different things, I'd like to see Efes vs a motivated organized opposition. (Not saying that CSKA isn't)
    Micic is probably going to have a bad game, as he almost always does in the second game of double weeks.

Yet, I believe the talent gap is too much and even if Micic plays catastrophically, Efes still has the personnel to match a challenge from Zalgiris.
    Efes dont have to win at Oaka. They are having great season and they already proved their quality. If they have to win at Oaka they would.

Fener lost at Oaka for years until they have to win. We swept them. Winning at Oaka is not more difficult than winning at Moscow or Madrid.

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
      After the end of Alba game, Obradovic once again uses the big men lineup:

Sloukas - Datome - Williams - Vesely - Thomas

Is it out of desperation or a planned move? Will we see this in (if we be there) playoffs? I don't know.
      Its because of rebounding problems. How can you give 4 offensive rebounds in a row?

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
        Its because of rebounding problems. How can you give 4 offensive rebounds in a row?
        We were having rebounding problems since the start of the last season. It is definitely a reason, but I think there are other factors in play.

After that big lineup Fener had a 7-0 rebounding and 21-4 points run.
        Dilimde şarkıların gĂ¼ndĂ¼z gece
        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
        Bu dĂ¼nyayı yakarız senin için
        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

We were having rebounding problems since the start of the last season. It is definitely a reason, but I think there are other factors in play.

After that big lineup Fener had a 7-0 rebounding and 21-4 points run.
          How could lose Fener against this team in Istanbul anyway? Its like a joke. Fener defends much better without sloukas, even de colo defends better.

Comment

Ok its pao time...

Comment

How could lose Fener against this team in Istanbul anyway? Its like a joke. Fener defends much better without sloukas, even de colo defends better.
              Weren't you following what the club saying?

Referees assassinated us in Zenit and Valencia games.
              FENERBAHÇE
              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
              --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
              --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Sloukas defends badly, I have accepted it at this point. About how we lost to them... We were losing left and right to everyone back then
                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                  Weren't you following what the club saying?

Referees assassinated us in Zenit and Valencia games.
                  While it's true, we shouldn't have allowed those games to be decided in the final minutes.
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

While it's true, we shouldn't have allowed those games to be decided in the final minutes.
                    You don't need to beat referees in every game, sometimes it's a close game and they should rule it right.
                    FENERBAHÇE
                    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Feners third quarter syndrome again. This team is a joke this season. Its definitely out in the playoffs at best and congrats to efes to win the turkish league for a second time in a row.

Comment

Feners third quarter syndrome again. This team is a joke this season. Its definitely out in the playoffs at best and congrats to efes to win the turkish league for a second time in a row.
                        It is getting really tiresome to read your hypotheticals week after week man... If we lose, we lose, you don't need to send 5 posts about it every day. I'm sure people said Fener was out when we entered the playoffs at 5th place against Pao.

Westermann once again proving all of us wrong, it takes some mental energy to come back playing like this in the middle of the season after being dismissed early in the season.
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

PAO chocked very hard.

Comment

PAO chocked very hard.
                            THey gave up just 9 points in the 1st and then gave up 26 in the 2nd....Pretty crazy

Still think they win this game though....PAO>CZ

Comment

Very good defense of Panathinaikos in 1st quarter. Vice versa 2nd. Incredibly stupid calls on both ends. It's obvious that refs are awful in Belgrade. PAO looks much better when Rice and Calathes aren't combined, together they are a horrific tandem. Liked what I saw from Mitoglou, Greek co-posters are right, very good player, fluent, fighting attitude. Papagiannis is a bad player and he will stay a bad player and there can be written 350 essays on this issue and he still will be nothing but one of Vlade Divac's baddest moves (from 100.000 bad moves). If I would get a shot every time when Calathes calls horn sets I would be drunk every time. Even Pao is obviously offensively a more talented team this pace gives us some little chances to take this one. Btw I can't remember EVER that someone outrebounded us in Belgrade like PAO in the first half 12-21.

AS-TO ratio tells everything about this game. Zvezda very bad 6-5, PAO incredibly and for me unbelievably 7-9.

Comment

I was thinking of not watching CZ - PAO after the first quarter, but now I have to
                                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information