Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 23

Quote Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
    This is why I said, when Efes beat Barça, that Efes still needed to beat PAO at OAKA.
    I don't think there is anything magical about OAKA but it is definitely a very tough place to play at, particularly for Turkish teams and Ataman.
    If you're losing even to a mediocre PAO (and to a mediocre OLY at SEF for that matter), that shows that you're not mentally ready for the challenges to come.
    I'm not saying that PAO is mediocre this year but the way Efes lost that game with Micic breaking down completely, was not a pleasant precursor for the remainder of the season.

But after seening Efes vs Madrid and CSKA I can say that my worries are alleviated to an extent.
    I agree with you, but consider that Efes was on the 2nd leg of a back to back road trip there. I think it was an acceptable loss.
    I'd not pick PAO at the playoffs, or any of the top 6 for that matter. that's why top 2 is the best place to finish.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Ataman and developing a complex? Nah, there's no way such a thing would happen.

Congrats to Efes, I wasn't able to see the second half but it looks like the 1st seed is locked right now
    he's a transformed man now.
    Seriously, though, he has something against Itoudis. Remember he left the press conference after the first game saying "I made too many mistakes, I do not feel well". Some people assumed he was being protective of Micic, but he really made a few bad decisions that day. Even though it was James's outstanding game, I believe he actually blamed himself for the loss.

if he lost by a hail-mary 3 or something today, he'd be irreparable.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Horrible one on one defense of Sloukas and de Colo but its more Sloukas. Stupid and unnecessary turnovers, no outside shot. Hardly believable that this is a ZOC team.

After the end of Alba game, Obradovic once again uses the big men lineup:

Sloukas - Datome - Williams - Vesely - Thomas

Is it out of desperation or a planned move? Will we see this in (if we be there) playoffs? I don't know.
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Fener shorts get beaten too easily, the bigs must help then and this creates a big rotation failure. Williams is not on his man very often, weak side is always wide open. really horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
    This is why I said, when Efes beat Barça, that Efes still needed to beat PAO at OAKA.
    I don't think there is anything magical about OAKA but it is definitely a very tough place to play at, particularly for Turkish teams and Ataman.
    If you're losing even to a mediocre PAO (and to a mediocre OLY at SEF for that matter), that shows that you're not mentally ready for the challenges to come.
    I'm not saying that PAO is mediocre this year but the way Efes lost that game with Micic breaking down completely, was not a pleasant precursor for the remainder of the season.

But after seening Efes vs Madrid and CSKA I can say that my worries are alleviated to an extent.

I agree that Zalgiris has a considerable chance tomorrow.
    Playing vs CSKA and vs Zalgiris are two different things, I'd like to see Efes vs a motivated organized opposition. (Not saying that CSKA isn't)
    Micic is probably going to have a bad game, as he almost always does in the second game of double weeks.

Yet, I believe the talent gap is too much and even if Micic plays catastrophically, Efes still has the personnel to match a challenge from Zalgiris.
    Efes dont have to win at Oaka. They are having great season and they already proved their quality. If they have to win at Oaka they would.

Fener lost at Oaka for years until they have to win. We swept them. Winning at Oaka is not more difficult than winning at Moscow or Madrid.

After the end of Alba game, Obradovic once again uses the big men lineup:

Sloukas - Datome - Williams - Vesely - Thomas

Is it out of desperation or a planned move? Will we see this in (if we be there) playoffs? I don't know.
    Its because of rebounding problems. How can you give 4 offensive rebounds in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Its because of rebounding problems. How can you give 4 offensive rebounds in a row?
    We were having rebounding problems since the start of the last season. It is definitely a reason, but I think there are other factors in play.

After that big lineup Fener had a 7-0 rebounding and 21-4 points run.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

We were having rebounding problems since the start of the last season. It is definitely a reason, but I think there are other factors in play.

After that big lineup Fener had a 7-0 rebounding and 21-4 points run.
    How could lose Fener against this team in Istanbul anyway? Its like a joke. Fener defends much better without sloukas, even de colo defends better.

Ok its pao time...

How could lose Fener against this team in Istanbul anyway? Its like a joke. Fener defends much better without sloukas, even de colo defends better.
    Weren't you following what the club saying?

Referees assassinated us in Zenit and Valencia games.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010-11(2), 2013, 2016, 2019-20(2) Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007-08(2), 2010-11(2), 2014, 2016-18(3) Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015-19(5) EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

Sloukas defends badly, I have accepted it at this point. About how we lost to them... We were losing left and right to everyone back then
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Weren't you following what the club saying?

Referees assassinated us in Zenit and Valencia games.
    While it's true, we shouldn't have allowed those games to be decided in the final minutes.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

While it's true, we shouldn't have allowed those games to be decided in the final minutes.
    You don't need to beat referees in every game, sometimes it's a close game and they should rule it right.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010-11(2), 2013, 2016, 2019-20(2) Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007-08(2), 2010-11(2), 2014, 2016-18(3) Turkish BSL Champion ---
    --- 2015-19(5) EuroLeague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 EuroLeague Champion ---

Feners third quarter syndrome again. This team is a joke this season. Its definitely out in the playoffs at best and congrats to efes to win the turkish league for a second time in a row.

Feners third quarter syndrome again. This team is a joke this season. Its definitely out in the playoffs at best and congrats to efes to win the turkish league for a second time in a row.
    It is getting really tiresome to read your hypotheticals week after week man... If we lose, we lose, you don't need to send 5 posts about it every day. I'm sure people said Fener was out when we entered the playoffs at 5th place against Pao.

Westermann once again proving all of us wrong, it takes some mental energy to come back playing like this in the middle of the season after being dismissed early in the season.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

PAO chocked very hard.

PAO chocked very hard.
    THey gave up just 9 points in the 1st and then gave up 26 in the 2nd....Pretty crazy

Still think they win this game though....PAO>CZ

Very good defense of Panathinaikos in 1st quarter. Vice versa 2nd. Incredibly stupid calls on both ends. It's obvious that refs are awful in Belgrade. PAO looks much better when Rice and Calathes aren't combined, together they are a horrific tandem. Liked what I saw from Mitoglou, Greek co-posters are right, very good player, fluent, fighting attitude. Papagiannis is a bad player and he will stay a bad player and there can be written 350 essays on this issue and he still will be nothing but one of Vlade Divac's baddest moves (from 100.000 bad moves). If I would get a shot every time when Calathes calls horn sets I would be drunk every time. Even Pao is obviously offensively a more talented team this pace gives us some little chances to take this one. Btw I can't remember EVER that someone outrebounded us in Belgrade like PAO in the first half 12-21.

AS-TO ratio tells everything about this game. Zvezda very bad 6-5, PAO incredibly and for me unbelievably 7-9.

I was thinking of not watching CZ - PAO after the first quarter, but now I have to
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast