Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 23

When I logged into this forum and saw that the most recent reply in this thread was from Bob, I just knew he'd be talking about Calathes. Never change, Interbasket!

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    anyone care to explain what is the black magic which allows Kurtinaitis to keep his job?
    Which job? Shved has his job from day 1.
    previously known as Beno

Interestingly, this is the last year of Shved's contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    When I logged into this forum and saw that the most recent reply in this thread was from Bob, I just knew he'd be talking about Calathes. Never change, Interbasket!
    Someone has to keep reminding Pao fans, what the real problem is. Or should we rather talk about bad refereeing, Euro Mafia or put the blame on poor Papagiannis? Nick is doing it 5th year in the row, with great consistency, if I may add.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post

---
    Spanish match-ups are always unpredictable, regardless of each team's apparent power.
    controversial maybe, but i think EL can bring 2 more ACB teams.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Nick shooting 0/7 for 3 is ok? Nick totally kills Pao spacing. All others are hostage of his inability to shoot. Pitino should have benched him in every 4th close Q, if his shot is off, which is almost always.
    Nick is a brick but he is also probably the best passer in Euroleague history and rebounds well. Unfortunately he wont win anything under his command. His inability to shoot will be exploited all the time. You must give him 2 good scorers and one athletic alley hoop big.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post

---
    Spanish match-ups are always unpredictable, regardless of each team's apparent power.
    controversial maybe, but i think EL can bring 2 more ACB teams.
    Why not making ACB to Euroleague lmao.

hack a Dubljevic... it works.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    hack a Dubljevic... it works.
    Valencia had it the whole way...Tough loss for them...

Nice move by Mirotic at the end

What a tragic final for Valencia, it's good for us though
    The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Valencia had it the whole way...Tough loss for them...

Nice move by Mirotic at the end
    This pivot extension is a classical 3 on 3 street basket move in the Balkans. Usually guards use it if they are stuck under the basket against a fat guy that is 20cm taller than you

Red Star has the toughest home court by far but always had weak teams.Perpe and Punter played incredible and they had an extra motivation because of Pao.Also Nick the brick whenever he sees reds he wants to become a hero but he is a really bad shooter and ofc no leader material.Pao wanted to take hc advantage but in 5 games he might be out of playoff.

Congrats to Red Star! And unlucky for Valencia...

So Fener, who is having a terrible season, is only 2 games behind Pao who is having an amazing season with the genius mastermind coach Pitino and NBA superstar Calathes. We will see how it ends, but there's a joke here somewhere
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Congrats to Red Star! And unlucky for Valencia...

So Fener, who is having a terrible season, is only 2 games behind Pao who is having an amazing season with the genius mastermind coach Pitino and NBA superstar Calathes. We will see how it ends, but there's a joke here somewhere
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post
    During the season I was speaking a lot about how Deni Avdija is not at EL level yet.
    I do think that he had a very bad impact on the team on both sides of the floor for a long time.
    But he is constantly improving in the last few months, and his performances are becoming better and better.

It is not just the fact that he is scoring and passing. He had some games with numbers at the start of the season as well.
    But now he is creating, putting points in hard positions, valuable assists, reasonable assists/turnover ratio. On defense he actually bringing points to Maccabi, he annoys the attack players and nowhere near the "hole in defense" he was at the start of the season.

His awesome game today (played more than any other player) is the cherry on the cake.
    Very happy for him, he is a really special talent but wtf is happening with his ft shooting?? It is awful since last summer I think, he wasn't used to be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tronis View Post
    Red Star has the toughest home court by far but always had weak teams.Perpe and Punter played incredible and they had an extra motivation because of Pao.Also Nick the brick whenever he sees reds he wants to become a hero but he is a really bad shooter and ofc no leader material.Pao wanted to take hc advantage but in 5 games he might be out of playoff.
    Actually, this season they don't have tough home court at all. They have six wins and seven loses, that's below average. But Panathinaikos simply can't win anything when Calathes play bad like he did tonight. They simply live and die with him, they lose +18 in Tel Aviv, they were easily beaten in Milano, but they won in Moscow because he played incredible. I guess it's over for them to look to HCA, it's now time to defend their TOP 8 spot.
    Zalgiris played excelent yesterday, we beat our shooting record, 13/19 behind three point line, in the end it was 14/22. Olympiacos didn't have lack, they lost Spanoulis and Rochestie due to injuries, it's really pity for them.
    Now, we have Panathinaikos at 13 wins, then we have:

7. Valencia 11-12
    8. Fenerbahce 11-12
    9. Armani Milan 11-12
    10. Crvena zvezda 10-13
    11. Zalgiris 9-14
    12. Khimki 9-14

These are the teams who will fight for 3 places in TOP 8. Oly is out, they have two guards right now , Asvel - too many games at home, Alba, Zenit, Bayern, Baskonia - pretty much out.

Khimki shot more 3's than 2's.......I'm a big fan of the 3 ball but even for me that's a bit crazy....

KURTINAITIS pointed it out in his post game comments.....He seemed disapointed about their descision making , especially Shved...

Seems like a pretty smart coach when he speaks but he just can't seem to get them to play the way he wants them to consistently.....

https://www.euroleague.net/main/resu...=E2019#!quotes
    Last edited by Gman365; 02-06-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Pitino is a legend. But in the US. His in-game decision making in Europe is everything but good. He simply trusts his two best players constantly. He has no feel for time-outs, he has problems to stop runs and takes on opponents rhythm way to easy. Panathinaikos could be a way better team than it is right now. In fact they are a different team at home because of OAKA but I really can't see them beating in a series anyone of Top4.

REFEREES WERE HORRIBLE ON BOTH SIDES! TOTAL AMATEURS!
    About Pitino he has improved the team a lot but I agree to a certain extent.

Calathes 4/17 shots, Fredette 3/5. I think the coach has something to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Khimki shot more 3's than 2's.......I'm a big fan of the 3 ball but even for me that's a bit crazy....

KURTINAITIS pointed it out in his post game comments.....He seemed disapointed about their descision making , especially Shved...

Seems like a pretty smart coach when he speaks but he just can't seem to get them to play the way he wants them to consistently.....

https://www.euroleague.net/main/resu...=E2019#!quotes
    I don't intend to defend kurtinaitis but till now no coach has been able to limit shved's ego. Either concerning the club or his national team. And it is quite natural that the rest of the team imitates his way of playing.

So the question is, is it worth continuing trusting this player? My answer is no. He wins some games by himself but the ones he loses are also numerous, moreover he destroys the team's spirit.

Personally I hate this type of player. Toronto won Nba after they had got rid of DeRozan and I don't think it was a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    I don't intend to defend kurtinaitis but till now no coach has been able to limit shved's ego. Either concerning the club or his national team. And it is quite natural that the rest of the team imitates his way of playing.

So the question is, is it worth continuing trusting this player? My answer is no. He wins some games by himself but the ones he loses are also numerous, moreover he destroys the team's spirit.

Personally I hate this type of player. Toronto won Nba after they had got rid of DeRozan and I don't think it was a coincidence.

Yeah as talented as he is i think he's a losing player as the lead dog.....

Would be a good 6th man instant offense type guy .....Limited type roll....If he has a big ego he probably won't agree to that though.....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast