Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 22

Finally get my perfect round......Thought i had it a couple months ago when Khimki had a 9 point lead with a minute to go and blew it........It's just picking winners though...It's not really that impressive without the spread....Still really wanted to get a perfect round though.......Still pretty cool....

Khimki 48 - CSKA Moscow 52
    ALBA Berlin 45 - Fenerbahce 55
    Olympiacos 52- Baskonia 48
    Maccabi Tel Aviv 49 - Real Madrid 51
    ASVEL Villeurbanne 47 - Zalgiris 53
    FC Barcelona 60 - Zenit St Petersburg 40
    Crvena Zvezda 47 - Anadolu Efes 53
    AX Armani Milan 60 - Bayern Munich 40
    Valencia Basket 51 - Panathinaikos 49

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Held them to a much lower total in the 4th...Too llittle too late though.....

Let's see if their defense can build on that 4th quarter going forward....
    Yes, Valencia scored only 94, because of catastrophic last Q.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Fener Pao 3 games away if pao loses and there are still 12-13 games to play. Considering Efes will beat PAO in Sinan Erdem and Fener gets the H2H in Atasehir, 6th seed more than possible. Would love watching Real vs PAO again in the playoffs
    I'm confused, are you Efes or Fener supporter? Anyway, Fener doesn't deserve 6th position, 8th position is more than enough for them after 5-11. Panathinaikos has tough schedule, though, Valencia on 6th position wouldn't surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Yes, Valencia scored only 94, because of catastrophic last Q.
    The first 3 quarters were awful for PAO...Pitino looked really upset at the halftime interview......That's 2 weeks in a row their first half defense was really bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Congrats to my boy Levenspiel, one of the greatest posters here.
    thank you, mate. it is always prestigious to win in Belgrade in that area.

I had never seen Larkin playing the whole season great. But might be the first time this year. No, but it's obvious that Laso is not playing all in this games.
    Maybe, it will be an interesting experience. His Baskonia days have been overshadowed now, but I had thought he was amazing then too.
    As for Laso, of course he did not roll over backwards for a RS game, but he did try several things, all of which all failed. I am scared of him though, the guy is very smart. Real is the team I'd avoid at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Isn't 12 games remaining?

BTW Efes lost 2 homecourt games and just 1 away, so maybe you even don't need HCA
    Holy cow, yes. 34-game RS this year.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    I'm confused, are you Efes or Fener supporter? Anyway, Fener doesn't deserve 6th position, 8th position is more than enough for them after 5-11. Panathinaikos has tough schedule, though, Valencia on 6th position wouldn't surprise me at all.
    I have a bet running.

but there is also a slight bias towards turkish teams of course although i dont support efes or fener.

Maybe, it will be an interesting experience. His Baskonia days have been overshadowed now, but I had thought he was amazing then too.
    As for Laso, of course he did not roll over backwards for RS game, but he did try several things, all of which all failed. I am scared of him though, the guy is very smart. Real is the team I'd avoid at all costs.
    I think Real got too old. Its still a great team without question but they dont have the winner spirit this season. Avoid real until the final but i am sure Larkin will be toying with them also in the final.

I think Real got too old. Its still a great team without question but they dont have the winner spirit this season. Avoid real until the final but i am sure Larkin will be toying with them also in the final.
    I guess you should take another bet, win for Efes in the final and Larkin making 30+ points should make you a fortune. Maybe you should include Larkin being MVP in NBA next season too.
    previously known as Beno

I agree, although Real is maybe second best team in EL, Efes could beat them in final game easier then Barca and CSKA

Yet to see which teams will play that final game. For Real is better if Efes lose in semi

I didnt see our match but games like this,the one against asvel at france and the 2 against armani and alba at OAKA are games you are not allowed to lose if you want to fight for the home court advantage. but defeat is also in the schedule,so we need to focus on the next game against red star. red star is one of the weakest teams offensively so i guess our defence will have easier task to handle. but we have seen our team losing against armani (one of the worst offensive teams as well) with 98 points against,so who knows what we will see next game too.
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    I didnt see our match but games like this,the one against asvel at france and the 2 against armani and alba at OAKA are games you are not allowed to lose if you want to fight for the home court advantage. but defeat is also in the schedule,so we need to focus on the next game against red star. red star is one of the weakest teams offensively so i guess our defence will have easier task to handle. but we have seen our team losing against armani (one of the worst offensive teams as well) with 98 points against,so who knows what we will see next game too.
    Too bad i was expecting a euromafia and stuff comment.Maybe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    That's 2 weeks in a row their first half defense was really bad.....
    I feel like we've been like this for the past 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by tronis View Post
    Now, now, no need to be like that for no reason.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Dont understimate experienced teams. Sometimes, experience can make the difference in the crucial games.

Larkin could have an answer, but our best defensive player (guards) is in a bad shape. I still have faith in our swedish.

I hope Micic gets his shit together fast. His creativity and size based one-on-ones bring a much needed versatility to Efes' half court offense. While Larkin one-on-ones seem unstoppable, they won't work with the current rate of success against better opposition under higher stakes.

If Micic plays like this, he is damaging the team and increasing the odds that he'll play even worse next week.
    He has already proven himself, he doesn't need to pull a Sloukas.
    poof

I could live with your distribution, but it’s totally different. Yesterday Campazzo entered only 3 minutes before the end, when Maccabi caught Real and Randolph, far the best player, only a single minute in the start of 4th. And it was one of most important matches for Real in regular season. Larkin is playing 35+ if necessary and sometimes 34 even when they winning by 20. Look at last round Real vs.Efes Campazzo 21, Larkin 36. What would have been result if it was vice versa?
    Just a small note on this. Larkin was playing between 28-30 mins before Micic got injured. Which I believe logical. Don't forget he is getting rest at Turkish League most of the time.
    After Micic's injury his minutes were increased. But it will come back to normal after this road games against CSKA & Maccabi...
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

If Dunston comes back with his regular form from injury and Moerman back to 70% of his form last year, we will have monster frontcourt.
    Dunston, Pleiss, Sertac, Singleton, Moerman & Peters will give us all flexibility we need.
    Then Larkin, Micic, Dogus, Beaubois, Simon & Anderson...
    We always talk about Larkin but contribution of other players are great. Beside Larkin we have 7 players averaging 8+ points per game.
    It is a team effort and unlike last year we have very good 10 man rotation.
    Larkin is very important without a doubt and without him we wouldn't be same for sure... but we have him
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    Just a small note on this. Larkin was playing between 28-30 mins before Micic got injured. Which I believe logical. Don't forget he is getting rest at Turkish League most of the time.
    After Micic's injury his minutes were increased. But it will come back to normal after this road games against CSKA & Maccabi...
    It was not meant that much about other players, but more about how Laso plays crucial games, like he doesn't give a shit. About Efes, I like Efes much more, when they play more team oriented. Larkin plays incredible lately, but I'm not convinced his hero ball is the best way for Efes. Micic regressed after Larkin started his show long before his injury.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 02-01-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    previously known as Beno

It was not meant that much about other players, but more about how Laso plays crucial games, like he doesn't give a shit. About Efes, I like Efes much more, when they play more team oriented. Larkin plays incredible lately, but I'm not convinced his hero ball is the best way for Efes. Micic regressed after Larkin started his show long before his injury.
    Laso played with Tavares all the time against Maccabi, that was the reason why you won the game. Without him on court, Real is much, much weaker opponent and prone to loses. Tavares is some kind of cheat in games, you can't have points under the basket when he is on court, so you start to improvise, you got nervous, and you lose the game.

Quote Originally Posted by markkanen View Post
    Laso played with Tavares all the time against Maccabi, that was the reason why you won the game. Without him on court, Real is much, much weaker opponent and prone to loses. Tavares is some kind of cheat in games, you can't have points under the basket when he is on court, so you start to improvise, you got nervous, and you lose the game.
    Tavares played 32 minutes on Thursday, but he is just averaging 22 minutes per game.

Quote Originally Posted by tronis View Post
    about euromafia ask your presidents. yesterday you became the first team in euroleague's history to have been banned from making transfers and your presidents were questioning how that happened. btw you are on your way on the second year in a row to be out of even the playoffs,not even talking about any trophy at all. aek and promitheas nowadays are a much bigger being in greek basketball
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast