Olympiacos - Baskonia 50-50
    Maccabi Tel Aviv - Real Madrid 45-55
    ASVEL Villeurbanne - Zalgiris 50-50
    FC Barcelona - Zenit St Petersburg 60-40
    Crvena Zvezda - Anadolu Efes 55-45
    AX Armani Milan - Bayern Munich 70-30
    Valencia Basket - Panathinaikos 55-45
    THERE IS NO GOD.

Good, insightful interview with Gherardini (In Turkish). He says "Obradovic didn't have a period as tough as this season before"

https://m.tr.beinsports.com/haber/ob...orluk-yasamadi
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Nothing about his responsibility for renewing Sloukas contract for 2m and in the same time CSKA brings James for the same money.
    Him and Obradovic did nothing to solve our pg problem. Westerman is more combo then true pg, Sloukas is combo too.

Nothing about bringing Williams instead of Melli. Ok, great work Gherardini when you brought Melli in Fener, but are you blind or what when you find such mediocre to replace him?

Many things are not good in this moment, we are not top budget team but we are among top5. So it's his and Obra fault that we already lost the battle for HCA.

It wouldn't be disaster if we finish somewhere between 1-6 place comparing to our budget, but this humiliation is bigger from anything those two says.

I want Obra to continue with us because he proved himself until now as the most successful coach in history and who are we to deny that? But Gherardini, who is he? What he did before Fener except losing EL final games with Beneton and mediocre role in NBA. I want him far away from Fener.
    Last edited by janketa; 01-28-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Nothing about his responsibility for renewing Sloukas contract for 2m and in the same time CSKA brings James for the same money.
    Him and Obradovic did nothing to solve our pg problem. Westerman is more combo then true pg, Sloukas is combo too.
    Yeah, because James is such a great PG with amazing accolades in the history of European basketball lol. Sloukas has his problems, mainly keeping the ball too much and shooting on his own when our offense doesn't work, and guess what, James would only make things worse in that regard. You just see the grass greener on the other side.

Nothing about bringing Williams instead of Melli. Ok, great work Gherardini when you brought Melli in Fener, but are you blind or what when you find such mediocre to replace him?
    I am sure they (Gherardini and Obradovic) knew Melli is a better player than Williams, but they decided Williams is the best player available. He also has problems such as losing his man in defense but brings great athleticism (which we definitely needed), an average 3PT shot, experience in Euroleague, and a good/hard-working character. Last two are what Obradovic always want, but I guess you believe Gherardini brings in players with no input from Obradovic? Lmao. I am sure Obradovic has more input than Gherardini while preparing the list of players they will try to sign.

Many things are not good in this moment, we are not top budget team but we are among top5. So it's his and Obra fault that we already lost the battle for HCA.

It wouldn't be disaster if we finish somewhere between 1-6 place comparing to our budget, but this humiliation is bigger from anything those two says.
    What humiliation? Humiliation is if we finish like 14th or something after not being able to overcome the bad start to the season and injuries. Not making playoffs could be quite bad, but I don't feel humiliated with this team right now. I am sure (and see on Twitter every day) that most Fener fans appreciate the staff and players despite the bad start and injuries, and you are in the minority. But the bigger picture is, there are no guarantees we will always be in the playoffs. Even CSKA sometimes didn't make it. It is spoiled to think otherwise. There are sometimes bad seasons, it only lets us appreciate better seasons. Pao didn't make playoffs in a season, next season they became champions. C'est la vie.

I want Obra to continue with us because he proved himself until now as the most successful coach in history and who are we to deny that? But Gherardini, who is he?
    As I said, it is very shallow and simplistic to think they have different responsibilities (one manages the team, other signs players). They have a great relationship, make decisions together, decide to sign players together. Of course there are mistakes (Bennett, Thompson, Lauvergne despite the injury etc.) but you can't just say one is guilty and other is not.

What he did before Fener except losing EL final games with Beneton and mediocre role in NBA. I want him far away from Fener.
    He was successful enough that he is respected in the NBA, Obradovic wanted him here and sings his praises regarding him in every interview, Milano wanted to sign him etc. I want him here as long as possible and I think you are very much wrong.
    Şampiyonluk gelince

@vivo

You persistently switch facts, to limits of deliberate distortion of the complete image.

First of all ,make a deal with yourself is Sloukas problem for Fener or not. I remember one post where you personally named him as the biggest problem of Fener. (Is James better pg or not doesn't mean anything with this Fener issue, I just mentioned him as example of similar payed player who under right coach makes great result. Or you don't agree that CSKA and James personally are doin great this season comparing to predictions, including yours).

Second switching fact you are doing all the time is that someone(me in this case) rehabilitate Obradovic from responsibilities and make Gherardini guilty for every bad transfer. Where you saw that dude? It's clearly said that both of them are guilty, because it's known that everything starts from Obradovic famous list after season finish and then continue with Gherardini realization.
    Fact that I like Obradovic and Gherardini not, is based on results through their careers and not on current situation and problems we are facing. It's simple as that. He will probably stay as long as Obradovic, but that won't change my opinion on him.

About humiliation, next switching facts. Who is talking about finishing spot man? This is Januar but we past months where we certainly were 14th and we were 17th and we were 15th etc etc. This is not humiliation for you? If not then we have different standards so it's ok. Just don't switch facts and stop with spining.

Dear admins, can we move this discussion above to Fener section, please? It's interesting but has not much to do with the thread.

As for the thread - Maccabi will have tough game, much depends on scoring by Wilbekin and Dorsey and ability of Jackson to manage the game. As last games show, he's getting better. And Stodemaier looked pretty good in Tel Aviv derby, looks like reports of him keeping in form with personal trainer and twice-a-day four hours practices were true.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    Dear admins, can we move this discussion above to Fener section, please? It's interesting but has not much to do with the thread.
    I agree... As a Fenerbahçe fan, I registered here hoping to hear more about other teams and opinions of their fans. All I hear are the same stories I hear in FB forum only in English this time.

Khimki - CSKA Moscow
    ALBA Berlin - Fenerbahce
    Olympiacos - Baskonia
    Maccabi Tel Aviv - Real Madrid
    ASVEL Villeurbanne - Zalgiris
    FC Barcelona - Zenit St Petersburg
    Crvena Zvezda - Anadolu Efes
    AX Armani Milan - Bayern Munich
    Valencia Basket - Panathinaikos

good luck to khimki and real madrid tonight
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Khimki 48 - CSKA Moscow 52
    ALBA Berlin 45 - Fenerbahce 55
    Olympiacos 52- Baskonia 48
    Maccabi Tel Aviv 49 - Real Madrid 51
    ASVEL Villeurbanne 47 - Zalgiris 53
    FC Barcelona 60 - Zenit St Petersburg 40
    Crvena Zvezda 47 - Anadolu Efes 53
    AX Armani Milan 60 - Bayern Munich 40
    Valencia Basket 51 - Panathinaikos 49

Great defence from CSKA today! Except the 4th Q, when they were simply running out the clock. They managed to stop Shved absolutely, he only got his shots in the 4th, when it didn't matter to anybody but him.

Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    Great defence from CSKA today! Except the 4th Q, when they were simply running out the clock. They managed to stop Shved absolutely, he only got his shots in the 4th, when it didn't matter to anybody but him.
    CSKA well coached and they play both ends of the floor well....They're just the better team....

Looks like Randolph came back ready to play.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

Expecting a big 2nd half from Fener here...They need this win...

[deleted] - No play making, no ball sharing, unnecessary turn overs. One option games in the offense. NNoko made Vesely to his bitch. Really really bad three pointer defense. Defense in the paint hardly existent. [deleted] - Levenspiel. On the other hand Datome is the only hope in the offense but cant hold a grandpa in the defense. This team is pathetic!!!!!!
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 01-30-2020 at 08:32 PM. Reason: language

13 field goals and 14 turnovers from Fener in first half look... Less than ideal

@janketa I won't write a long answer but I just have to say that I'm not trying to spin things, just writing why I believe you are not correct
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Looks like Randolph came back ready to play.
    Randolph is still really good....

Hard to win in Tel Aviv though....Even with a full team........

Is Printezis injured? On the roster but still has not played and almost 15 minutes into the game.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ncjazz View Post
    Is Printezis injured? On the roster but still has not played and almost 15 minutes into the game.
    F.ck! He screwed my fantasy team
    Crvena Zvezda 2019/2020
    RETURNING EL MEMBER

DADDY'S PLAYGROUND

PG: L.Brown, Lucas
    SG/PG Jenkins, Punter
    SG: Baron
    SF/SG:Lazic, Dobric
    SF: Perperoglou, Davidovac
    PF: Simanic, Jagodic-Kuridza
    PF/C: Gist
    C: Stimac, Jovanovic, Ojo

Sloukas still has his speed and his shot...He takes a lot of heat on here but he can still play....

Kalinics shots make my eyes bleed. hahahahahahha

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast