Euroleague Regular Season: Week 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iraz View Post
    Real's performance in the last minute was a disaster. Larkin won one more for Efes practically on his own.
    Watching Efes play this season I only wonder when they are going to get into a functional pit? Is it possible for a team to play the whole season without a setback?
    Efes will probably stumble for a few games. As a CSKA fan you would know this very well, entering the playoffs/F4 without slowing down increases the mental fragility.

Efes had a few setbacks, losing Dunston & Micic was supposed to be big deal, but most of the games effortlessly turned into blow-outs. That's of course due to Larkin.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• You really dont know how turks are ticking. I dont know what ZOC thinks but two turkish teams would never ever try to match in the playoffs willingly. It has nothing to do with being strong or weak. If its avoidable they will avoid one another. It wont make any change for Fener to play against Real or Efes. Of course Fener will choose Real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
        You really dont know how turks are ticking. I dont know what ZOC thinks but two turkish teams would never ever try to match in the playoffs willingly. It has nothing to do with being strong or weak. If its avoidable they will avoid one another. It wont make any change for Fener to play against Real or Efes. Of course Fener will choose Real.
        Obradovic is no Turk and has as far as I see 100% control of his teams decisions.

You are completely lost in seeing everything through national flags. How many Turkish players play in those teams? 2? 3? Do you really think Datome, Williams or De Colo care about this thing? Or Larkin or Micic or Beaubois?

Fener will make the best decision for them to make an upset and go to F4 and chosing Real over Efes would be not normal.

Comment

Of course both teams will avoid one another and Fener wont end up 8th.
          Fener can go as high as 7th in my opinion, they are short of 4 wins from 6th spot and it may not be possible to close that gap, I really wish they end up higher but it is just hard. Also, Efes may always tank the last game of the regular season against Fener if it means a deciding game for the 7th spot
          la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
            Obradovic is no Turk and has as far as I see 100% control of his teams decisions.

You are completely lost in seeing everything through national flags. How many Turkish players play in those teams? 2? 3? Do you really think Datome, Williams or De Colo care about this thing? Or Larkin or Micic or Beaubois?

Fener will make the best decision for them to make an upset and go to F4 and chosing Real over Efes would be not normal.
            You really dont get my point. Koc will say "no" and when Koc says no it is a "no"

Comment

• Incidently, Efes showed today its stronger than Real.

Comment

• So Koc is more powerful than Zeljko Obradovic in decisions considering Fenerbahce's season? Okay.

Will be interesting issue to follow. I can turn it around multiple times but it makes hardly any sense to me as Fener would have potential 5 home games and otherwise would have to win in Madrid.

Comment

• Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                  Yes sir, only 10 wins out of 13 games needed.
                  Piece of cake. We are 7th best team regarding point difference, and last team in standings has only three victories less than 7th team. So, everything is possible. We have victories in Istanbul, Belgrade. We must win against Milan, Fenerbahce and Valencia - two of the three will be great.

Comment

So Koc is more powerful than Zeljko Obradovic in decisions considering Fenerbahce's season? Okay.

Will be interesting issue to follow. I can turn it around multiple times but it makes hardly any sense to me as Fener would have potential 5 home games and otherwise would have to win in Madrid.
                    Well with this win, Efes bought a game that can be given to Fener. A loss of Efes against Fenerbahce in Sinan Erdem wouldnt surprise me a bit.

Comment

Well with this win, Efes bought a game that can be given to Fener. A loss of Efes against Fenerbahce in Sinan Erdem wouldnt surprise me a bit.
                      That makes much more sense out of Efes perspective. I agree on that one. Hopefully we won't see a game where noone wants to win

Comment

That makes much more sense out of Efes perspective. I agree on that one. Hopefully we won't see a game where noone wants to win
                        Dont worry about that. Fener is not in the position to make plans of who they match in the playoffs.

Next week either Valencia or PAO will lose. A win in Berlin will bring Fener in the playoff seeds again. Fener is not convincing at all but 6th rank is not far away if they beat PAO in Istanbul.

Comment

• Originally posted by saras View Post
                          every time that dirty clown campazzo loses is a great day for basketball. well done ataman. efes is already first and real cant do their usual every year things when they choose opponents in the last games every season. if they try tanking,they will lose HCA. maccabi-real next week,it will be fun. panathinaikos should win at valencia and let them dogfight
                          I am looking forward to RM vs PAO game, when clown Campazzo will school Nick "The Brick" Calathes like he did this season, and the past one. About choosing opponent, agree, PAO is always the right opponent to have an easy path to the F4.

And now, I will speak with normal people. Congrats Levenespiel and Efes' fans here! Great game with Larkin becoming unstoppable. Pleiss killed us in the money time, while Campazzo (as Iraz said) did 2 mistakes in the last momentos.

Comment

• Beaubois...that boy is a baller, I remember his rookie season in the NBA, he looked really promising. He has more in himself, he can give Efes at least one more gear, but for some reason (focus or motivation maybe) he is not fully living up to expectations.

And another thing, Tavares is a great rim protector, which is why I don't understand all those guards going at him in the crunch time? I mean, those are really dumb plays with highly improbable success. Instead of going at him, he should be lured out of the paint, get him to switch onto guard in the p&r and just exploit him on the perimeter. I mean, if you have a guy like Larkin, you just make a switch using 1-5 p&r. It seems pretty simple, but Euroleague teams are rarely going for these switches. Tavares is a great rim protector, but he is like a fish on the dry land when left to defend on the perimeter. Rockets and Harden have mastered these kind of plays to perfection.

Comment

• There are 13 games ahead, who cares if Valencia or Pao lose next week. There are plenty of games to be played and it hardly makes any difference who wins next week. It's possible that 3 teams are tied at 7-8-9 one game before the end of the season and Fener amonst them but it's also possible that Fener can drop to 8 with a loss if they are potentially worse head-to-head with their direct rival but with 1 one victory more than 9th. I wouldn't write them off at all in such calculations, especially not Obradovic who is very dirty in this games. Maybe 6th place isn't reachable right now for them but bringing them in a comfort situation in chosing 7th or 8th is still possible. In general, even Fenerbahce plays awful for the roster quality, people are writing them off way to early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                                I am looking forward to RM vs PAO game, when clown Campazzo will school Nick "The Brick" Calathes like he did this season, and the past one. About choosing opponent, agree, PAO is always the right opponent to have an easy path to the F4.

And now, I will speak with normal people. Congrats Levenespiel and Efes' fans here! Great game with Larkin becoming unstoppable. Pleiss killed us in the money time, while Campazzo (as Iraz said) did 2 mistakes in the last momentos.
                                and then lose the f4. it was fun hearing laso crying about olympiakos losing to zalgiris some years ago and you lost the HCA. he does the same thing every season and he got offended when another team did it.

real can choose whoever they want in the playoffs,but in the end they will have to play against the others in the f4 and get easily beaten like last season. maybe they dont want calathes in the f4 cause calathes,laso,real madrid were once in the f4 and calathes won the trophy while real ended up last
                                Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information