Thread: Deni Avdija 2019/20 Mid-Season Highlights ● Projected Top 5 Pick 2020 NBA Draft

Default Deni Avdija 2019/20 Mid-Season Highlights ● Projected Top 5 Pick 2020 NBA Draft

Enjoy from this young diamond

Best European Basketball Highlights Channel - AGHighlights
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJ..._as=subscriber

We shall see.
    Casspi was a similar prospect but much more top heavy. Casspi could play PF in some NBA games. Avdija? Not sure.

I think an NBA team would like to see Avdija as a Guard, dare I say an improved Planinic?
    Only situation for him to be considered as a forward is maybe some sort of "poor man's KD"?
    *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
    "Hoo, Haa, Ma Kara? CSKA Ahla Ota!"

It will be another European bust, if he’s taken top5.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    It will be another European bust, if he’s taken top5.
    judging by mockdrafts, it's not Top5 anywhere, mostly top 6 to 10.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Just a better Cedi Osman. Could be a starting player in a non contester.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Just a better Cedi Osman. Could be a starting player in a non contester.
    Completely different styles and completely different talent levels, of course Avdija has much much more potential, not even close. I hope Turkey will produce a similar talented player in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    judging by mockdrafts, it's not Top5 anywhere, mostly top 6 to 10.
    Mocks doesnt say much in some cases. Not every draft has quality. The next one is a weak one. Not a single franchise prospect but a really solid big with Wiseman. Normally after a strong draft year 4-5 weak ones follow. The last strong was Doncics year.

Quote Originally Posted by DraxDomax View Post
    We shall see.
    Casspi was a similar prospect but much more top heavy. Casspi could play PF in some NBA games. Avdija? Not sure.

I think an NBA team would like to see Avdija as a Guard, dare I say an improved Planinic?
    Only situation for him to be considered as a forward is maybe some sort of "poor man's KD"?
    Kevin Durant is the best scorer of all time in the nba history. A seven footer freak of nature who can do everything on the court. Even his poor man version would be top class player. His motor functions are weak, can create some shots but too slow, passing is beyond a certain level i have to admit but he can do nothing really sharp.

After a very bad start of the season, I must say that since January he plays a lot better, earlier he was a burden on the team every minute he played.
    The problem is that if he going to end as a lottery pick, American media & fans would expect a contribution of a lottery pick caliber.

If you are the 12th man on Euroleague team at 19, you need to make some huge, almost impossible improvement during the summer in order to be a 7-8 player on NBA team.
    I can't blame Deni, in the same way I couldn't blame Bender at the time. Even if he will be picked 14 (and he can be picked much higher) he is going to receive a guranteed contract that is much higher than the contract he will receive in the Euroleague.

I do think that his most probable future will be a Bender like scenario. Not because he has the same style of play, but because they'll have a similar future: Top draft pick -> disappointment from fans & media -> being labeled as a bust -> going to improve until he will be an actual NBA caliber player -> start of the 'real' NBA career at 23-24.