2020 PBA All-Filipino Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
    Most of the teams have their own Youth teams if not all, although I think there are teams that joined only for youth competition and don't have the Seniors franchise..The fact that NBL is purely for homegrown players representing their place of origin, chances are that the management of Seniors and Youth team are one and the same...Supposedly this years Youth tournament should have been held last March but then Pandemic happened..This years NBL Youth should have been 3 age group competition, 13, 15 and 18 both for Boys and Girls, although Youth competition is only held during Summer season and not year round like.in Europe
    OK, that's the case for European teams, at least.

Well, at least they have a clear path for the players and puts premium on development. Hope that format really prospers.

Comment

• Since the Gab declared the NBL (and Chooks 3x3) as PRO, would that make collegiate players ineligible for their respective college leagues? I read about some sort of “guest player”, which means NOT paid, status given to the likes of Baltazar. Are UAAP/NCAA leagues honoring this? Or no precedent yet?
      Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
        Since the Gab declared the NBL (and Chooks 3x3) as PRO, would that make collegiate players ineligible for their respective college leagues? I read about some sort of “guest player”, which means NOT paid, status given to the likes of Baltazar. Are UAAP/NCAA leagues honoring this? Or no precedent yet?
        the pamapanga team in nbl didn’t parade baltazar and serrano in the finals after announcing that NBL is PRO.. they don’t want to end up like 1gdl who already played is final game for UP last year because he played in 3x3 pro league
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Since the Gab declared the NBL (and Chooks 3x3) as PRO, would that make collegiate players ineligible for their respective college leagues? I read about some sort of “guest player”, which means NOT paid, status given to the likes of Baltazar. Are UAAP/NCAA leagues honoring this? Or no precedent yet?
          Baltazar and Serrano played for NBL Pampanga Delta provide and prior to NBL being classified as Pro league....Thats the reason why they did not play for this years NBL Finals

Comment

That should be the case. If a player doesn’t get paid or receive benefits from the management/team he should still be considered as an amateur. Same case with the likes of Wagner and Sabonis and literally hundreds of other international players who have played pro yet are still eligible for the NCAA. Collegiate leagues should be familiar with Amateurism.

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
              That should be the case. If a player doesn’t get paid or receive benefits from the management/team he should still be considered as an amateur. Same case with the likes of Wagner and Sabonis and literally hundreds of other international players who have played pro yet are still eligible for the NCAA. Collegiate leagues should be familiar with Amateurism.
              Well, I assume all camps are familiar and hence, that guest player status. But we all know they are paid the highest. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                Baltazar and Serrano played for NBL Pampanga Delta provide and prior to NBL being classified as Pro league....Thats the reason why they did not play for this years NBL Finals
                Any truth to this guest player status? Playing safe, for sure mas malaki bigayan sa La Salle. Plus the exposure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                  the pamapanga team in nbl didn’t parade baltazar and serrano in the finals after announcing that NBL is PRO.. they don’t want to end up like 1gdl who already played is final game for UP last year because he played in 3x3 pro league
                  he got special license.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Glad to see Abueva back. Nacocontrol na niya temper niya atleast in the first half. If Louie Alas was still the head coach of Phoenix i doubt Abueva would be reinstated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                      Glad to see Abueva back. Nacocontrol na niya temper niya atleast in the first half. If Louie Alas was still the head coach of Phoenix i doubt Abueva would be reinstated.
                      he shouldve done that long time ago. he waited for the axe to fall just so he can change.tsk tsk.
                      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                        Juan Gomez de Liao may have played his final game for University of the Philippines last November 13. With the 6-foot-1 guard playing his first game with Nueva Ecija in the Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas 33 President’s Cup powered by TM, his eligibility in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines is now under question. During the […]
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                          he shouldve done that long time ago. he waited for the axe to fall just so he can change.tsk tsk.
                          I hope Abueva don't waste his second chance, he's doing great so far, performance wise and behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                            I hope Abueva don't waste his second chance, he's doing great so far, performance wise and behavior
                            well in one sequence, he help Anthony Semerad stand up.. that's something you won't see between him and the Semerad twins everyday

Comment

• Im surprised NLEX was able to keep the game close.

Career games from Soyud and McAloney.

Terrible last play though, why is Keifer not shooting that 3?

Comment

• Abueva with a 21 pts, 13 rbs and 7 asts performance, a full force Phoenix is one scary team, especially with Abueva not showing any signs of rust

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information