2020 PBA All-Filipino Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
    Lol so international parin pala usapan? Im asking you NOW. IF Mike were to play RIGHT NOW. In this 2020 bubble season where will Mike fit behind one of the deepest wing rotations in the PBA. Can you not understand that? 2020 PBA ang usapan hindi 2023 FIBA. You literally just said that Baltazar would be the 6th best big man in the PBA right now. As well as saying that Mike would be a better player than Khobuntin, Banal, Trollano, Racal. When 2023 comes they’ll be 33 year olds lol. They have a freakin 6-7 year difference in age. You’re saying kasi as if now they’ll be better than majority of the players in the PBA. I didn’t say anything about Gilas/International.
    Di tayo nagkakaintindihan bro... You are thinking about their PBA teams, Im thinking about Gilas...We cant just compare a rookie who has not played in the PBA like Nieto to vets like Khobs and Racal, we dont have stats to base for that.. Wait once he enter in the PBA.. Did i mention that Mike is better than Khobs and Racal now, but I dare say he might be better than Racal or Khobuntin come 2023... But that 6-7 age gap will matter, after his Gilas stint, Mike will be in his upward trajectory while Khobs and Racal will be downward alreasy due to age and perhaps injury in case if Racal... MIKE would be better than Khobs and Racal both in the PBA and international wise come 2023 or once he enter the PBA, sayang naman training nia inyernationally and with Tab if he cany be better than Khobs and Racal who are not having All Star caliber level career naman...Pero with Baltazar, i think he is better now, more upside than Caperal and Sangalang and come 2023 will be better than both... For one Baltazar is taller at least 6-7 barefoot, longer, better defender both insise and in PNR ( Sangalang is just 6-5 1/2, Caperal 6-6 pre draft measurement.) .. MAKES me wonder why Caperal and Sangalang were not considered last Feb window while Balatazar is in the pool...Comparing an incoming rookie vs Vets is comparing Projection /Potential vs reputation, its all speculative at this stage.. Malalaman natin yan who will be the better player after their career or they reach equal number of seasons in the PBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
      Vintage Jayson Castro on display.

Halfway through the 2nd quarter and just 2 attempts for Ravena. Wrong system? Wrong team?

Sagip Kapamilya Part 2

Thats what all Im saying, One on one ang gusto ni Yeng... Its either Alas, Ayonayon or Cruz ballhoghing, while Kiefer it at corner ewaiting for rhe pass that never come... Buti ngayon pumasok alahoy shots ni Alas and chamba ahots of Cruz...

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
        I'm a tnt fan and this line up could dominate the league by storm.. but they need to perform like this in the highest level.. especially in the playoffs.. ginebra can beat them actually.. don't choke this conference.. the problem also is pogoy and Rosario are have records that they can't perform in the playoffs, especially last finals vs SMB.. while remains to be seen on erram, his first playoff debut in nlex was forgettable due to his fight with some of northport players resulting to his suspension in their do or die game.. erram needs to control his temper.. ginebra will use their mind games to disrupt erram's head.. while parks has a championship in abl but he's not the main option there.. it's brownlee and balkman are the main options there.. Castro can perform and he will, but if they want to win the championship and dominate the league, others have to fight their mental ability to chance to perform very well.. choking is not an option for them this season...
        Actually, this was really tested when NLEX got physical this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
          That is another example of sagip kapamilya.

Is it a coincidence? It is happenning in the PAST 10 years.

SMC and MVP.

They use the logic that the more teams they have in the playoffs, the better chance to win the chip. They always make sure that thei each 3 teams will enter the playoffs.

If Ginebra beat Magnolia, and TNT beat Nlex, Magnolia and Nlex will be both eliminated
          How do you think they rig this?

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
            Di tayo nagkakaintindihan bro... You are thinking about their PBA teams, Im thinking about Gilas...We cant just compare a rookie who has not played in the PBA like Nieto to vets like Khobs and Racal, we dont have stats to base for that.. Wait once he enter in the PBA.. Did i mention that Mike is better than Khobs and Racal now, but I dare say he might be better than Racal or Khobuntin come 2023... But that 6-7 age gap will matter, after his Gilas stint, Mike will be in his upward trajectory while Khobs and Racal will be downward alreasy due to age and perhaps injury in case if Racal... MIKE would be better than Khobs and Racal both in the PBA and international wise come 2023 or once he enter the PBA, sayang naman training nia inyernationally and with Tab if he cany be better than Khobs and Racal who are not having All Star caliber level career naman...Pero with Baltazar, i think he is better now, more upside than Caperal and Sangalang and come 2023 will be better than both... For one Baltazar is taller at least 6-7 barefoot, longer, better defender both insise and in PNR ( Sangalang is just 6-5 1/2, Caperal 6-6 pre draft measurement.) .. MAKES me wonder why Caperal and Sangalang were not considered last Feb window while Balatazar is in the pool...Comparing an incoming rookie vs Vets is comparing Projection /Potential vs reputation, its all speculative at this stage.. Malalaman natin yan who will be the better player after their career or they reach equal number of seasons in the PBA.
            Lol no basis to say that Collegiate players will be better than PBA vets pero you continued by saying Balti is better now than Caperal, Sangalang lol. Ang gulo mo bro. You literally said on the other thread that Mike will be better than Khobuntin, Trollano, Racal if he were to be released by Gilas. You didn’t say anything about 2023. You even said if Mike were given the same minutes he’d produce better numbers. The 6-7 year age gap is exactly my point. Racal,Khobuntin, Trollano are of retiring age na. Nakakahiya naman kung mas serviceable sila kay Mike. I’d probably understand it if you would say Mike will be better than Ighalo, Galanza, Gamalinda. Mike isnt as athletic, stronger, faster, taller, and better handles comapared to Khobuntin, Racal, Trollano, Banal. He’s the better shooter but thats it.

For Balti naman of course I’d probably take him by 2023. Pero NOW?? He’d be the 6th best big man in the PBA??? Over Caperal, Sangalang, Tautuaa, Tratter, Belga, Quinahan???

Also Im talking about PBA. So stop bringing up FIBA/International.

Comment

• I feel like there is either a hype train going on for Mike or a hate train going for Khobuntin. The better HS player is no doubt Mike. Slam Rising Star, UAAP Jrs MVP, Jrs Champion, Mythical 5, Batang Gilas U16/U17, U17 Silver Medalist, U17 World Cup, U18 3x3 World Cup. Khobuntin on the other hand was just somebody else on Letran. I think Khobuntin is a better College player than Mike. Mike was cut his first season because he was overweight. Mike did help win 3 Championship but he was behind 8 other players. On the other hand Khobuntin won a championship when Parks left since he had the ball in his hands most of the time. Alolino was a pass first PG and Rosario was only crashing offensive rebounds back then. Aroga was the only other play that would ask for the ball. Khobuntin averaged more in all stats than Mike. Khobuntin also won 2 gold medals after that season. Khobuntin had a short stint at cadets because he applied for the draft straight away. He did play good in 3x3 world cup. Mike is only starting his cadets career but he was already cut vs Indonesia.

As of now there is no way to say if Mike will be better than Khobuntin prime for prime. But as of now its not even close. I agree with qwerty Mike would be struggling playing with RoS. This is a reminder of what Khobuntin could do back in 3x3 world cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by curtaincall View Post
                I feel like there is either a hype train going on for Mike or a hate train going for Khobuntin. The better HS player is no doubt Mike. Slam Rising Star, UAAP Jrs MVP, Jrs Champion, Mythical 5, Batang Gilas U16/U17, U17 Silver Medalist, U17 World Cup, U18 3x3 World Cup. Khobuntin on the other hand was just somebody else on Letran. I think Khobuntin is a better College player than Mike. Mike was cut his first season because he was overweight. Mike did help win 3 Championship but he was behind 8 other players. On the other hand Khobuntin won a championship when Parks left since he had the ball in his hands most of the time. Alolino was a pass first PG and Rosario was only crashing offensive rebounds back then. Aroga was the only other play that would ask for the ball. Khobuntin averaged more in all stats than Mike. Khobuntin also won 2 gold medals after that season. Khobuntin had a short stint at cadets because he applied for the draft straight away. He did play good in 3x3 world cup. Mike is only starting his cadets career but he was already cut vs Indonesia.

As of now there is no way to say if Mike will be better than Khobuntin prime for prime. But as of now its not even close. I agree with qwerty Mike would be struggling playing with RoS. This is a reminder of what Khobuntin could do back in 3x3 world cup.

Khobunting was a monster at HS and was Jarellan Tampus' Robin. He was an undersized bigman too like Mike but I'd rate him higher because of his built coming out of hs unlike Mike who was overweight. Mike's advantages is probably that he went to a better program. He wasn't as big in college but he played for a winning program in a smaller role than Khobunting. To be honest both aren't starter quality probably but I'd take Glen because of his body strength

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                  Khobunting was a monster at HS and was Jarellan Tampus' Robin. He was an undersized bigman too like Mike but I'd rate him higher because of his built coming out of hs unlike Mike who was overweight. Mike's advantages is probably that he went to a better program. He wasn't as big in college but he played for a winning program in a smaller role than Khobunting. To be honest both aren't starter quality probably but I'd take Glen because of his body strength
                  Agree. They are good but not that good of players to be having a debate over. The only advantage I see Mike having is that he is a better shooter and better system player. Khobuntin tends to use his strength even against bigger europeans and likes to go iso and shoot the ball. Thats why I dont get this argument. They have completely different roles and playing style. Mike can play without the ball. Khobuntin is more dangerous with the ball and is also a better defender.

Also thank you for correcting me about Khobuntin’s HS career. I only know Mike achieved/accomplished more than Khobuntin in HS.

Comment

Agree. They are good but not that good of players to be having a debate over. The only advantage I see Mike having is that he is a better shooter and better system player. Khobuntin tends to use his strength even against bigger europeans and likes to go iso and shoot the ball. Thats why I dont get this argument. They have completely different roles and playing style. Mike can play without the ball. Khobuntin is more dangerous with the ball and is also a better defender.

Also thank you for correcting me about Khobuntin’s HS career. I only know Mike achieved/accomplished more than Khobuntin in HS.
                    I dunno why this topic keeps getting brought up. Mike hasn't even played a single game in the PBA. Let's give him a season or 2 before we judge.

Yeah Khobuntin was a pretty big recruit for NU back then. Remember NU was just starting to really spend at that time. This was before they got Parks, Alolino etc. If I remember it right he had some flu or fever during the juinor Finals and he was still a handful for our bigs . Jeron Teng is probably the closest player I could compare him to. Mike didn't received the same hype coming out of hs partly because of hes an undersized and out of shape and probably cause he's a lock for ADMU along with his twin.

Comment

Khobuntin was a double double machine in high school if i remember it correctly. And was highly recruited even in the NCAA circuit. He, Oda Tampus and the Alas brothers were the ones who stood out there.

Comment

• This is my whole point. We cant just say a college player is better than a PBA player right now. Depende nalang kung Magat, Yutien or Raymond Aguilar. To say that Balti will be the 6th best big man right now is just absurd. It might be true but lets not forget about these players who are serviceable at a higher level. Im not saying Balti will not be good in the PBA right now. He’ll probably gain a rotation for any team right now. Kai has a strong case as well as Edu since they are playing at a high level. For Khobuntin and Mike naman. I honestly dont think there should even be a debate. Mike is yet to play in the PBA. Heck he hasnt even faced MPBL level competition.

PBA usapan. Not FIBA or Gilas or International.
                        Last edited by qwertyz; 10-29-2020, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
                          This is my whole point. We cant just say a college player is better than a PBA player right now. Depende nalang kung Magat, Yutien or Raymond Aguilar. To say that Balti will be the 6th best big man right now is just absurd. It might be true but lets not forget about these players who are serviceable at a higher level. Im not saying Balti will not be good in the PBA right now. He’ll probably gain a rotation for any team right now. Kai has a strong case as well as Edu since they are playing at a high level. For Khobuntin and Mike naman. I honestly dont think there should even be a debate. Mike is yet to play in the PBA. Heck he hasnt even faced MPBL level competition.

PBA usapan. Not FIBA or Gilas or International.
                          Give me better bigs than Baltazar now and presumably in 2023 after his Gilas stint if he makes the Pool(Aside from Japs, Almazan, Erram, CS and siege Mo)...Sangalang, Caperal, Tratter, Ramos, Balagasay etc etc....If you form a team right now and you are made to chose among them ,sino pipiliin mo on who be your foundation at Center....I would chose Baltazar now over Sangi, Tratter, et al...

Comment

Give me better bigs than Baltazar now and presumably in 2023 after his Gilas stint if he makes the Pool(Aside from Japs, Almazan, Erram, CS and siege Mo)...Sangalang, Caperal, Tratter, Ramos, Balagasay etc etc....If you form a team right now and you are made to chose among them ,sino pipiliin mo on who be your foundation at Center....I would chose Baltazar now over Sangi, Tratter, et al...
                            Bro stop talking about Gilas. Balti is yet to attend a practice since U18 to Cadets to Seniors. This is the PBA Philippine Cup thread. If you take Belga out of RoS and put Baltazar instead would he have the same impact of Belga? I actually think he will be a great PBA player. Im not taking Balti over Caperal who is probably one of the best stretch bigs in the PBA right now as well as Sangalang who is averaging 12/8 for a winning team. Id pick Balti over any Blackwater/Terrafirma centers. But I wouldn’t put him in the top 10 right away. Again no basis. He has 1 more year in the UAAP. Because if everything was fine (no injury Fajardo/signed Slaughter). My top bigs in the PBA would be Fajardo, Slaughter, Erram, Cstand, Mo, Belga, Japeth, Chua, Sangalang, Tratter. The NLEX bigs may have a case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                              How do you think they rig this?
                              Originally posted by qwertyz View Post
                              Bro stop talking about Gilas. Balti is yet to attend a practice since U18 to Cadets to Seniors. This is the PBA Philippine Cup thread. If you take Belga out of RoS and put Baltazar instead would he have the same impact of Belga? I actually think he will be a great PBA player. Im not taking Balti over Caperal who is probably one of the best stretch bigs in the PBA right now as well as Sangalang who is averaging 12/8 for a winning team. Id pick Balti over any Blackwater/Terrafirma centers. But I wouldn’t put him in the top 10 right away. Again no basis. He has 1 more year in the UAAP. Because if everything was fine (no injury Fajardo/signed Slaughter). My top bigs in the PBA would be Fajardo, Slaughter, Erram, Cstand, Mo, Belga, Japeth, Chua, Sangalang, Tratter. The NLEX bigs may have a case.
                              Pag ganyan bro wag na tayo kumuha ng Rookies and let our vets play forever ..hahahha Anyway you really think Sangalang or Caperal has better upside than Baltazar?

Comment

Pag ganyan bro wag na tayo kumuha ng Rookies and let our vets play forever ..hahahha Anyway you really think Sangalang or Caperal has better upside than Baltazar?
                                Thats not the point bro. Balti has the better future. Sangalang brings the ball down. But Balti does it comfortably in the UAAP. I think he can surpass those 2 in terms of skills. its absurd to compare established 27 and 28 year old playing well in the PBA to a 22 year old playing well in the UAAP. Im talking about NOW. You literally said if Balti played in the PBA today he would be the 6th best big man in the PBA. With no basis. Prince and Ian both have probably 5 more good years. Balti has at least a decade to play. So why are we talking about upsides?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information