Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 2020 PBA All-Filipino Cup

I wouldn't be surprised if most PBA players are out of shape once they resume the remainder of the conference. They don't care much about their nutrition and overall fitness level.

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if most PBA players are out of shape once they resume the remainder of the conference. They don't care much about their nutrition and overall fitness level.
    That's the problem... But how can be in shape? Gyms and courts are closed... only Alaska and maybe TNT only doing home work outs...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    I read at ESPN that China's CBA is welcoming back foreign players. Their timetable for the resumption of games is mid April after suspending play last January.
    Isn't this quite insensitive and honestly, dumb for China given that the rate of COVID-19 around the world is still increasing?

I wonder if people inside China know what is happening or is it filtered by the "Great Firewall of China"?

Nice blog with analysis of SMB plays.

How Mo Tautuaa helps SMB stay contenders

Activity and physicality

One of the things that immediately stood out was how mobile Tautuaa was in their opening game. He did a good job of defending multiple actions, getting his hands in passing lanes, and generally being a big body protecting the paint.
    https://coachvplayug.com/wp-content/...-defense-2.mp4

In the clip above, Mo moves his feet well laterally to help on Barroca’s drive. Later on, he helps on another drive, as Melton beats Lassiter down the middle.

Melton ends up turning the ball over, but Mo isn’t credited with any “traditional” defensive stat for this.

While Fajardo is the most imposing player in the league due to his size, Mo’s athleticism and physical gifts bring another type of physicality that few in the league can match.

Link

PBA plans to have 2 conference

(hope it will be a permanent move)

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...200405-fbfirst

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    PBA plans to have 2 conference

(hope it will be a permanent move)

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...200405-fbfirst
    For me, I think this season should scrap first import flavored conference.. Why? Because even our country will lessen the COVID-19 cases, still the virus is still there and if teams will get imports eh we can't assure that they have no symptoms.. Remember teams will get import players overseas and we don't know if other countries can also flattened the curve in their cases abroad (especially US) then they (imports) will required to under quarantine for atleast 14 days before they will play for their respected teams.. What if their desired import have symptoms or being positive to the virus? Then PBA will be postponed again!! even only 1 player... PBA should be careful about this.. in China, their league is still suspension even they already flatten the curve, because they are worry about imported cases abroad.. Korean league was cancelled because of same reason.. Japan also on brink of cancellation.. so for me eh it's better to organize only AFC this season until the world has produce already a vaccine for it.. AFC only consist of local players.. so definitely PBA can control of the players locally have symptoms or not.. as compare to import players...

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/w...=home_hybrid_1

PBA considering a 1 conference season for 2020, sounds interesting, especially that the league might open doors on june-july and with the possible interruption of the season due to the FIBA qualifiers..

Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/w...=home_hybrid_1

PBA considering a 1 conference season for 2020, sounds interesting, especially that the league might open doors on june-july and with the possible interruption of the season due to the FIBA qualifiers..
    That's better.. and no import conference in this situation.. I'm worried if our country lessen the curve of virus and then suddenly they push the import conference, it will be more complicated because one foreign player is positive of virus after 14 day quarantine period then the league will shut down again.. PBA can back the commissioner's and governor's cup when the world has now vaccine for the COVID-19.. it should be AFC coference only once the league will back this year.. PBA can control of situation for local players.. No quarantine period for them because they already based here, unlike imports...

Blackwater Owner urges PBA to revert back the two conference season.

"Makakapahinga rin ang mga players, hindi rin yung bugbog talaga," added the long-time team owner.

WSU also wants two conference season for PBA. That makes them 2. They should convince ROS and Phoenix owners and that will make them 4.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/b...200407-fbfirst
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Two conferences would be better than 3.so that fans has no more "suya effect"

I hope this is not temporary.

“Tinitignan talaga ng governors kung ano ang makakabuti sa mga tao. Eh kung humaba, baka one conference na lang. As of now, ang tinutumbok is two conferences,” said Marcial following the league’s board meeting on Tuesday.

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...200407-fbfirst

PBA agreed to shorten the season into 2 conferences this year.

https://www.pba.ph/news/pba-board-de...rten-season-45

Thank You RDO! Ranidel de Ocampo retiring after playing 15 years in the PBA.

Rdo was an epitome of a very good player who buy the team concept to win games.. no wonder he has been our gilas starting 4 for most of the past decade or the years where gilas had significant success..theres a saying the ydo would have better career or adapt if he was in eurro competion.. bumagay kasi yun height ni rdo sa asia..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Rdo was an epitome of a very good player who buy the team concept to win games.. no wonder he has been our gilas starting 4 for most of the past decade or the years where gilas had significant success..theres a saying the ydo would have better career or adapt if he was in eurro competion.. bumagay kasi yun height ni rdo sa asia..
    he retired without getting that nickname though Taxman would have worked out fine for him - RDO(Revenue District Officer)

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    I think, it will take years to find RDO's replacement. He was the most complete power forward that I have ever seen in PBA in terms of skills - quick, can move in any angles without being flashy or having a killer crossover, good court vision, good post offense, good perimeter player, good rebounder, and tough in defense. He was the swiss knife for every teams he played.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    I think, it will take years to find RDO's replacement. He was the most complete power forward that I have ever seen in PBA in terms of skills - quick, can move in any angles without being flashy or having a killer crossover, good court vision, good post offense, good perimeter player, good rebounder, and tough in defense. He was the swiss knife for every teams he played.
    I just wish he had the motors and athleticism of Pingris. Those two combine would be a great PF for Gilas and some ball handling. Just like combination of Jeff Chan and Norwood would make a great SF for Gilas.

With the ECQ will be relax in some places in the Philippines, I think the PBA should do an option to play on the provinces not been hit hard by covid-19.. if they will wait in Manila then they will wait too long.. Metro Manila is the highest number of cases of virus in the country and I think the ECQ in the Manila region will be longer than we expected.. example in Quezon province or Zamboanga, the ECQ there will be relax, although with some restrictions still in effect, but still much better position than in Manila cities.. PBA can do health safety protocols every game so that no virus will spread.. PBA should do this option rather than nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    With the ECQ will be relax in some places in the Philippines, I think the PBA should do an option to play on the provinces not been hit hard by covid-19.. if they will wait in Manila then they will wait too long.. Metro Manila is the highest number of cases of virus in the country and I think the ECQ in the Manila region will be longer than we expected.. example in Quezon province or Zamboanga, the ECQ there will be relax, although with some restrictions still in effect, but still much better position than in Manila cities.. PBA can do health safety protocols every game so that no virus will spread.. PBA should do this option rather than nothing..
    Same thoughts also. I think it is best for pba to start their season in the provinces. Play at smaller gym also. We won't see total lift of ECQ in the metro, calabarzon and central luzon until maybe june or july. Other provinces are already only under GCQ so the probability for them to be open for public is very high.

BTW, FIBA is covering live games of SBL finals. Sim Bhullar is playing there.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast