Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 223

Thread: 2020 PBA All-Filipino Cup

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,605
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fthesaint View Post
    How can you explain this? Professional team whether 2nd stringers or coming from the bench, still not enough reason to lose to a collegiate team and big margin at that.
    They didn't take that game seriously.. If they face again eh they will lose big time..

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    so, today is the opening of the PBA's new season right?

  3. #163
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,248
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    so, today is the opening of the PBA's new season right?
    Yes..

  4. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Yes..
    they still pushed thru despite the corona virus scare.hope they took precautionary measures

  5. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Pba looking at possible cancellation of games due to ncov.

    They should just play in an empty arena, when Ginebra does not play; it wouldn't change much TBH.

  6. #166
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    20,248
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    Pba looking at possible cancellation of games due to ncov.

    They should just play in an empty arena, when Ginebra does not play; it wouldn't change much TBH.
    yep.. closed door should do

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...-a793-20200309

    some pba teams are used to it naman

  7. #167
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,464
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    yep.. closed door should do

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...-a793-20200309

    some pba teams are used to it naman

    the PSL will be holding close door games starting tomorrow..while Eat Bulaga announced at their FB Page that they will not be accepting live audiences at their shows for the meantime.

    https://twitter.com/TribuneSportsPh/...450080768?s=19

  8. #168
    Senior Member PaulLee3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    724
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Just saw Calvin Abueva in the opening of our basketball tournament here in Bulacan he towered over our Sk Chairman who's a legit 5'11". Calvin looks like a legit 6'3 in person.

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    yep.. closed door should do

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...-a793-20200309

    some pba teams are used to it naman
    Teams might have an advantage over Ginebra if this happens lol.

  10. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    yep.. closed door should do

    https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/p...-a793-20200309

    some pba teams are used to it naman
    im going to hell laughing at this

  11. #171
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    3,899

    Default

    I just saw on ESPN that the 4 major pro sports league in the US; NBA, NHL, MLB and MLS, will prohibit media from the locker rooms as a precautionary to the COVID-19.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

  12. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    I just saw on ESPN that the 4 major pro sports league in the US; NBA, NHL, MLB and MLS, will prohibit media from the locker rooms as a precautionary to the COVID-19.
    they are also exploring hosting games behind close doors..well the PBA (sans Ginebra) is already ahead of the curve (im going to hell for this)

  13. #173
    Senior Member fadzki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,959
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    they are also exploring hosting games behind close doors..well the PBA (sans Ginebra) is already ahead of the curve (im going to hell for this)
    lol most of the guys here in IBN are PBA haters you won't get much opposition here.. if someone is going to hell it's the Evil Empire's sports Director.

    IBN will have a party if the PBA dies.

    right now IBN is ABL>MPBL>PBA
    “When we are saying this cannot be accomplished, this cannot be done, then we are short-changing ourselves. My brain, it cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I have to sit there and face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure,’ I think that is worse, that is almost worse than death.”

    - Kobe Bryant

    Rest in Peace Mamba..

  14. #174
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,464
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    they are also exploring hosting games behind close doors..well the PBA (sans Ginebra) is already ahead of the curve (im going to hell for this)

    but Lebron will not play if the NBA push through with that plan

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/4985109002/

  15. #175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bulacan
    Posts
    191
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    but Lebron will not play if the NBA push through with that plan

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ns/4985109002/
    Some players in sports do have wisdom and worth listening. Lebron isn't one of them

  16. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    758
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoJ View Post
    im going to hell laughing at this
    What difference does it make? Majority of PBA games are already behind closed door for years now, lol.

  17. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    5,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLee3 View Post
    Just saw Calvin Abueva in the opening of our basketball tournament here in Bulacan he towered over our Sk Chairman who's a legit 5'11". Calvin looks like a legit 6'3 in person.
    He was measured 6-1 1/2 in thenPBA draft...

  18. #178
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pampanga, Phil
    Posts
    5,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    lol most of the guys here in IBN are PBA haters you won't get much opposition here.. if someone is going to hell it's the Evil Empire's sports Director.

    IBN will have a party if the PBA dies.

    right now IBN is ABL>MPBL>PBA
    I agree ABL could be better than PBA bit MPBL better than PBA is untrue... Just look at the quality of players... Besides MPBL can jumpacked a 2000-3000 stadium, PBA games at the minimum has 3,000 PAYING audience.. Last MPBL playoffs, the sportcaster were elated to have 7,000live streamung audience but PBA got as mich as 80,000 livestreams during playoffs as high as 1.2 Million in the Finals...

  19. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    I agree ABL could be better than PBA bit MPBL better than PBA is untrue... Just look at the quality of players... Besides MPBL can jumpacked a 2000-3000 stadium, PBA games at the minimum has 3,000 PAYING audience.. Last MPBL playoffs, the sportcaster were elated to have 7,000live streamung audience but PBA got as mich as 80,000 livestreams during playoffs as high as 1.2 Million in the Finals...
    MPBL biggest opponent was MPBL. The objective of the founder was not really create a sustainable basketball league, but create a politic machinery

  20. #180
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,464
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unstopaball12 View Post
    MPBL biggest opponent was MPBL. The objective of the founder was not really create a sustainable basketball league, but create a politic machinery
    2022 National Election

    https://twitter.com/snapshooter000/s...927072768?s=19

    Last edited by hmbopbaduwap; 03-10-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •