2020 PBA All-Filipino Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
    Ibang iba ang laro ng TNT now in the Playoffs compared to that in the Semis...The passing and ball rotation was crisp and long rotation of players....Ganun galaga if pressure comes in...Kaya NBA what I am saying before, no matter how good the system, once push to wall, labs at labs ang runway na instinct ng player...Guys like Castro, POgoy, Rosario , Eniciso will go one on one pag napressure na...Only Parks is still playing within the system , to the extent na he becomes passive na and just become a Corner 3 and D guy or passer to Ineffective bigs Erram and Troy..Good point on De Leon , he and Semwrad brings toughness to the team...If only Kelly Williams did not retire, the series would have been finished by now...Kung andyan si Kelly, defensively anyone among Abueva, Perks and Chua would have been limited in their productions...
    Plus I also notice that double screen from the top by Rosario and Erram, most of the time Erram would pop and Rosario would dive into the basket. Isnt it weird that theyre asking Rosario to be the one asking for the post and Erram Popping?And yeah your right Kelly's presence has been heavily missed by TNT in this conference. Some of his intangibles on the court especially on the defensive has been what lacking for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaibooster21 View Post
      Plus I also notice that double screen from the top by Rosario and Erram, most of the time Erram would pop and Rosario would dive into the basket. Isnt it weird that theyre asking Rosario to be the one asking for the post and Erram Popping?And yeah your right Kelly's presence has been heavily missed by TNT in this conference. Some of his intangibles on the court especially on the defensive has been what lacking for them.
      ERRAM kasi cant catch the pass inside especially once bodied up while Troy naman cant finish inside..

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
        Man just let it go, we said what we already said, it's ok. Even if TNT loses against Phoenix for me its okay. It comes against an independent team, who does not want Matt Wright to be the MVP? He was the favorite since elimination. Calvin Abueva comeback is a feel good story.

And if they are indeed eliminated.

At least by now, TNT will have a great insight on what their team identity is all about and what is lacking. It's not about not having a center (they got Erram they might still lose). It's about finally identifying your new star player and building a team around him.

Having Parks is a good start, Jayson Castro being given a very reduce role is another. Then resolve the Pogoy/Rosario issue because TNT will never win with those 2 as the primary features.

Can they get a CJ Perez? Player wise if the main deal includes Pogoy, I doubt SMB can match it unless they trade Ross or Lassiter. But we all know it's not about the player din, money talks comes with it.

Perez is a guy you can all in if you are TNT since aside of being a star player you can also ask him the things like phx is asking what Abueva can do. Parks and Perez being the main gunners of TNT while searching for (Trollano/Semerad types is the way). Erram should be retained since center position is premium, and a good one like him is hard to find unless you are trading for Slaughter.

Another one, can they engage a trade with Northport for Cstan? Because that's a player who would surely would put them over the top (Northport has no system and a very clueless coach).

Again player wise 2 PBA superstars (they still are considered one via their reputation) ; Pogoy and Rosario for Cstand is more than enough. Money wise would be the issue again.

Perez
        Parks
        Maybe get a guy like Khobuntin
        Rosario
        Erram
        And Castro of the bench is now more than balance. Pwede na dumikdik, and Castro on a reduce role will be good for the guy's legs.

Parks
        Montalbo
        Khobuntin (trade Enciso for that dude)
        CStand
        Erram
        ----
        Castro
        Maybe add a guy like Sol Mercado to get the Brian Heruela role back for them.
        Bring back Paolo Taha (cant play worse than Semerad).

Release Ryan Reyes and Washington (2 dudes have a dead shot legs not reliable anymore)

TNT losing is not the end of the world since sa super competitive ng higher ups niyan, we can only expect blockbuster trades from them again (fair trades as I should day).

Main thing here is not to rely on Castro anymore and have Parks as the clear no 1 option.
        Easy, trade someone and a future pick to get back Don Trollano

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
          Easy, trade someone and a future pick to get back Don Trollano

Hahaha, nakakahiya naman kasi. Ryan Reyes + Samboy De Leon plus 2 future second round picks? Would SMC teams blink on that and complain how unfair it is?

It's basically trading Reyes + Semerad for Parks, we know if that was the offer before it's not gonna happen.

Parks
          Pogoy
          Trollano
          Rosario
          Erram.

That might be the right formula.

Comment

Hahaha, nakakahiya naman kasi. Ryan Reyes + Samboy De Leon plus 2 future second round picks? Would SMC teams blink on that and complain how unfair it is?

It's basically trading Reyes + Semerad for Parks, we know if that was the offer before it's not gonna happen.

Parks
            Pogoy
            Trollano
            Rosario
            Erram.

That might be the right formula.
            I think this is fair. Given that they will be having Ping Exciminiano and / or Val Chauca come next season. However, Ping came from an ACL Tear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
              I think this is fair. Given that they will be having Ping Exciminiano and / or Val Chauca come next season. However, Ping came from an ACL Tear.
              why isnt chauca playing again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                Wait where is the Ping Exciminiano news? His rights is with ROS right? IIRC, it was actually an achilles tear not ACL.

Also, any insights on why did they drop Yousef Taha all of a sudden? He was badly needed when Kelly retired, instead they went with Chris Javier, another Raymar Jose scrub clone.

I forgot they have the 8th pick of SMB. Which could be very valuable considering the possible influx of filams in the upcoming draft.

Comment

Wait where is the Ping Exciminiano news? His rights is with ROS right? IIRC, it was actually an achilles tear not ACL.

Also, any insights on why did they drop Yousef Taha all of a sudden? He was badly needed when Kelly retired, instead they went with Chris Javier, another Raymar Jose scrub clone.

I forgot they have the 8th pick of SMB. Which could be very valuable considering the possible influx of filams in the upcoming draft.
                  I think a social media page of TNT welcomed Ping. Not sure tho.

I think the draft pick that came from TR trade was 2021. Not 2020. We are only in the 2020 PBA draft.

Comment

Ping got injured during a ligang labas game last january. Mind boggling as during that time he was negotiating with ROS for his contract extension.

latest update of him as of Oct 20 (https://www.facebook.com/bballrepubl...7880770370733/), training with TNT

BR EXCLUSIVE:

Update on Ping Exciminiano.

Practicing with TNT
                    ✅Fully healed injury

Si Ping ay isang free agent at kasalukuyang nagpra-practice kasama ang ilang TNT coaches sa Moro Lorenzo Gym (usual practice venue ng TNT). Wala pang opisyal na kumpirmasyon if makakasama nga ba siya sa PBA Bubble or sa susunod na siyang conference mapapabilang sa roster ng TNT.

Ang mahalaga sa ngayon ay ibinahagi niya sa amin na fully healed na ang kanyang natamong injury noon na partially torn achilles tendon at blessing para sa kanya na muli na siyang nakakapagpractice ulit sa basketball court at maging parte ng TNT.

All the best, Ping! Sana maging part ka ng TNT roster! 😅 As a TNT fan, bagay na bagay ka sa playing style at system na meron sila. Depensang malagkit at walang kabang bomba sa tres!

Comment

Taha was traded to Blackwater as part of the Erram trade..

Comment

• Thanks to those who answered Money, Coj, sajubeads, robert: Anyways, a Tnt loss tomorrow guarantees another major shakeup for them in the offseason. They keep building on how to beat SMB only to get eliminated by Phoenix.

Comment

Thanks to those who answered Money, Coj, sajubeads, robert: Anyways, a Tnt loss tomorrow guarantees another major shakeup for them in the offseason. They keep building on how to beat SMB only to get eliminated by Phoenix.
                          Yeah, Phoenix has outworked and outplayed them. And, only Parks has performed consistently for them in this series.

Can't shake up the depth that much, because they have a pretty nice bench. Castro, Reyes, De Leon, Semerad, Washington. Gotta admit, I didn't think much of that bench, but they've been solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                            Because i'm not just a fan.. Tab recommended Dickel here just to fail.. Napapahiya si Tab kay MVP nito.. Much better if management will not interfere the team, especially coaches decision.. I know Dickel don't want to trade Trollano and Semerad (if we based in his interview w/ Tiebreaker Times).. These two are very valuable for TNT then suddenly trade? Even they will replace Dickel if the management continue to disrupt the moves of the team then they will go nothing.. As i said i will stick on Dickel, if Tab, Jong or Chot are not available.. Don't hire incompetent coaches or "tactical immature" coaches.. Wala na kasalanan coach dito.. It's the coaches and management now to blame this time..
                            Thing is, Topex has also been outcoaching Dickel the entire series.

For his own sake, and for ours, Dickel should learn from this.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                              Management issues and player's issues now haunting this team.. They should not build on a roster that only knows scoring.. Maybe 2 players can score then the rest are basically do it all players that know their roles.. The fab 5 of TNT only knows score.. But no effort to go on defense and hustle points.. This is where Trollano and Semerad gives to them..
                              And the thing is, Pogoy and Troy aren't even consistent in scoring, and they underperform in the playoffs.

Where was the beautiful system we saw in the first half of the elimination round?

And, yes. This is what differentiates SMB from TNT. SMB's Fab 5 has two defenders in Ross and Arwind.

Comment

• Pogoy and Troy have been exposed. Troy is a waste of potential. He cant seal on 6'3 Perk or drive on 6'5 Chua.

Pogoy is a mystery. Earlier he looked to be the best scorer in the league. But now he is even worse than a role player. Cant score, cant defend. Trollano is way better than him at this point.

Yes its weird they traded Trollano. He shined with Dickel. He was even used to postup guards under Dickel.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information