2020 PBA All-Filipino Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
    Not really Wong's breakout game but one of my hotter takes is Id rather have Wong than Matt Nieto.

EDIT: Also Wong's performance the past two games is a great example as why more college players should go pro early
    Wong cant make it to the Cadets coz he is ineligible...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
      Seriously, PBA should be adapting the 2-world import format right now and for good. With that setup, teams can lend their Gilas representatives to SBP on Qualifying windows without second thought, as there would be 2 imports to pick-up the slack. After all, it is what most PBA coaches prefer - to make plays on offense anchored by imports
      Agreed. And I recommended that one has no height limit, and the other has a 6'5" height limit, so that our bigs and coaches will be forced to adjust to different imports that play their position.

But, if an import has the size and skillset of say, Justin Brownlee, and is played as a 4, where he'll be a mismatch, that can also teach our 6'6"-6'8" bigs the recommended play style for guys their size.

Comment

• Barkley ebona is turning 23 next month. Did he played with Mac Belo in his first season in the UAAP?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulLee3 View Post
          Barkley ebona is turning 23 next month. Did he played with Mac Belo in his first season in the UAAP?
          I think he did play with Belo in the UAAP.

He's been really good for Alaska. Almost immediate impact. He has a touch of versatility to him. I saw him capably switch outside, and he can handle the ball some.

Comment

Barkley ebona is turning 23 next month. Did he played with Mac Belo in his first season in the UAAP?
            kinda weird to see a 23 year old rookie, nasanay na ko sa 25-26 yr old rookies,

to answer your question, they were part of the 2015 FEU Tamaraws who won the UAAP Championship against UST (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_F...asketball_team), Ebona was a rookie that season.

the team was also composed of Pogoy, Tolomia, Raymar Jose and Escoto

Comment

• What happened to Maurice Shaw already?

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                He has to do that because his boss (Al Chua) are rampant against Tab.. But he also understands Tab statements.. I think he also to do that change his style because he knows his former old style will not win any battle against Dickel/Tab's modern style basketball (He lost to Dickel last year's semis match).. He also find tips from his friend Erik Spoelstra how to learn modern style basketball..
                Well, our local coaches could at least follow Cone's example. So far, Cone's tweaks have been working. He plays a somewhat positionless system, as does Topex.

Maybe Dickel, Cone, and maybe Topex will really force the other coaches to adjust and play a system offense. I don't know why most aren't doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                  What happened to Maurice Shaw already?
                  Back Spasms

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                    BELO has bulked up also that took away some of his quickness and athleticism....Yan lang problem sa Pinoy ballers, once they get the money, they tend to relax and lost their motivation...Unlike NBA players, even Superstars continue to grind it out....
                    you forgot he came from various injuries. bulked up but its toned body type. 15ppg 5rpg is still decent.
                    LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                    Morayta

Comment

• Originally posted by tootch View Post
                      you forgot he came from various injuries. bulked up but its toned body type. 15ppg 5rpg is still decent.
                      Exactly 15/5 and still a starter even after riddled with injury is not that bad. Even getting rumoured gilas call ups today. Blaming it on relaxing and loss of motivation is hilarious. We dont know what most of these guys are doing.

IMO Belo was ready last year but of course had to give it up to Parks. Now his touches are cut in half because of an Unleashed Sumang and Trollano.

Comment

Terrafirma's mission in the PBA.. to get the top pick at the draft.. s**k this team.. cj Perez should leave this team.. no mission at all.
                        Art dela Cruz Sr. actually was OK coaching this team. He played Adams at the wing, or as a small-ball 4. Got Adams to match up against the likes of Ferrer and Manganti rather than Jervy and Nabong.

Comment

Terrafirma's mission in the PBA.. to get the top pick at the draft.. s**k this team.. cj Perez should leave this team.. no mission at all.
                          don't worry CJ will get traded soon, same with Adams

Comment

I hope coach victolero uses these starting 5 against Ginebra. Banchero, Lee, Dionisio, Corpuz, Sangalang. Jalalon, barroca off the bench. Let Calisaan, Saitanan play, less Mon Abundo.
                            From the looks of the last game, I don't think Victolero will use that lineup. He'll use his 3 PG lineup, and he relegated Dionisio to the bench. Abundo was a starter too.

Why he insisted on that lineup against Phoenix (with a 2-3 combination of Wright and Intal, both of whom are 6'4") is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                              From the looks of the last game, I don't think Victolero will use that lineup. He'll use his 3 PG lineup, and he relegated Dionisio to the bench. Abundo was a starter too.

Why he insisted on that lineup against Phoenix (with a 2-3 combination of Wright and Intal, both of whom are 6'4") is beyond me.
                              Coach Alex Compton , and Coach Louie Alas needs to submit their resume and biodata to Alfrancis Chua. I expect Magnolia to have a new coach and new players by the end of the conference. Coach Tab is right when he said Filipino Coaches are too stubborn to change their rotations.

Comment

• Nice throwback jersey by Alaska.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information