2020 PBA All-Filipino Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jackie Reaper View Post
    Woah, sila pa talaga ang mag-aadjust sa PBA (trans: that DOM willie marcial and the PBA are so self-entitled).

If I were the EASL management, just nevermind the PBA. Who are they? Not a top 5 team in Asia-Pacific, ranked dead last in the World Cup and this league has the guts to tell things like that?
    Yeah, the PBA should be the ones to adjust. Come on, fans would wanna see their teams play anywhere other than the Philippines. And face it, dead last in the WC (thanks a lot to their schedule as well, I might add), there goes their leverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
      Are we sure about Parks? Looks a bit brittle to me. He played the series of his life and then plays a subpar game and misses two more so far.
      Well he averaged 41-42 minutes per game and all the rough housing he gets game in game out as that's the only way his counterpart thinks to slow him down...Palaruin mo Kaya si Pringle or Perez Ng 42 minutes, let's see he they won't get injured...

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
        Seriously,Erram is overrated.

He just have one good season is a weak Blackwater team if I am not mistaken.

He was terrible in Nlex

He was not good in TNT.

TNT will decline soon. Castro will regress really fast.

It will be a Parks team.

Pogoy is ok but not great.

TNT may have the option to use their farm team again to improve.

That lopsided trade that was able them to get both Tautuaa and Rosario didnt pan out.

There are rumors now that Perez and Adams.are going towards SMC. Malamang sa SMB.

SMC will continue to reign
        Exactly, I was never been a fan of Erram...He is just tall , average player at most....We was not even good in Fiba games, too inconsistent and mentally weak, if we don't get his way will resort to rough housing or fouling....A near 40 year old Kelly Williams actually brings more to the table than him...
        Last edited by sajubeads; 12-05-2020, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• 3x3 may precede PBA season
          By Joaquin Henson(Philstar.com) - December 5, 2020 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines — The PBA intends to roll out a full-scale 3x3 program next year with the possibility of launching a tournament in February or two months before the 46th season is expected to start so that regular players may join as there will be no conflict in schedule.

Alaska team governor and 3x3 committee chairman Dicky Bachmann said yesterday he’s formalizing the proposal to submit to the Board of Governors for approval. “The recommendation is to start together with the PBA 5x5 schedule then run a quest tournament in between conferences,” he said. “A Plan B would be to start ahead of the PBA 5x5 season.” Bachmann is joined in the committee by Phoenix team governor Atty. Raymond Zorrilla and NorthPort team governor Erick Arejola. Assigned to work with the committee are deputy commissioner Eric Castro, technical consultant Joey Guanio and Meralco assistant coach Ronnie Magsanoc.

All 12 PBA teams will participate in the 3x3 tournament with an additional two entries. The tournament was supposed to be launched during the Philippine Cup this year but the pandemic suspended it. At the time, Mighty Bond and Dunkin’ Donuts had indicated they would join the competition. Bachmann said there are two additional teams confirmed for the coming 3x3 league but declined to disclose their identity.

Bachmann said the quest edition will assemble the 14 teams and possibly six more “outside” or foreign invitees. “From 14 teams, I will get approval to increase the teams to 20 and allow outside teams to join,” he said. “Location is still tentative. The quest event will feature five legs plus one finals for a total of six two-day tournaments.” Since it will be in between conferences, regular PBA players may join. Only if the 3x3 tournament coincides with the 5x5 schedule will regular players not be allowed to join. Bachmann said a full-time 3x3 commissioner will be appointed. “We’re looking for candidates to run 3x3,” he said. “I’m preparing the criteria then submit to the Board for approval.”

Commissioner Willie Marcial said the 3x3 tournament will be open to all players, whether or not in the PBA, with no age limit. The country’s ranking 3x3 players in the FIBA ladder, including Joshua Munzon, Alvin Pasaol, Troy Rike and Santi Santillan, are expected to apply for the PBA draft in March so their availability to play in the quest tournament will boost their standing. The PBA will work closely with SBP in improving the country’s ranking in FIBA. Munzon, Pasaol, C. J. Perez and Mo Tautuaa were named to represent the country at the 20-team Olympic 3x3 qualifying tournament in Graz, Austria, on May 26-30. Backups are Rike and Santillan. The top three finishers in Austria will qualify with five others, including host Japan, to play in the inaugural 3x3 event in the Tokyo Olympics. “We’ll focus on getting 3x3 up and running (in the PBA),” said Bachmann. “Participating in the Olympic qualifiers is SBP’s decision.”

https://www.philstar.com/sports/2020...ba-season/amp/

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
            Exactly, I was never been a fun of Erram...He is just tall , average player at most....We was not even good in Fiba games, too inconsistent and mentally weak, if we don't get his way will resort to rough housing or fouling....A near 40 year old Kelly Williams actually brings more to the table than him...
            Let's be fair to him, he brings a lot of effort and physicality. But I agree on the mental aspect. He also has basketball IQ issues, same as Japeth and Almazan.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
              Let's be fair to him, he brings a lot of effort and physicality. But I agree on the mental aspect. He also has basketball IQ issues, same as Japeth and Almazan.
              unfortunately we have a scarcity of big men (6'7 and above), Erram, despite his flaws is still one of the country's best, especially there are only a few of them, at this point i think only Junmar , Cstan, Gregy, Mo and Japeth and Almazan are better than him ( not yet counting the cadets/those in college ah).

he has the height and skills, unfortunately bball iq can't be learned quickly. Hopefully he meets his potential.

I suddenly remember the likes of Eman, Rabeh, Baclao, sayang height nila

Comment

• This Finals is turning out to he a battle of the Softest among the frontliners...JAPHET, Caperal, Tolentino vs .Troy and Erram...

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                  unfortunately we have a scarcity of big men (6'7 and above), Erram, despite his flaws is still one of the country's best, especially there are only a few of them, at this point i think only Junmar , Cstan, Gregy, Mo and Japeth and Almazan are better than him ( not yet counting the cadets/those in college ah).

he has the height and skills, unfortunately bball iq can't be learned quickly. Hopefully he meets his potential.

I suddenly remember the likes of Eman, Rabeh, Baclao, sayang height nila
                  The scarcity of bigs is why it's kind of a mystery that teams don't really develop following the GSW or Houston model. Unless you have a big the size of Japeth, June Mar, or Greg, you're better off with a system that utilizes a combo forward at the 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                    The scarcity of bigs is why it's kind of a mystery that teams don't really develop following the GSW or Houston model. Unless you have a big the size of Japeth, June Mar, or Greg, you're better off with a system that utilizes a combo forward at the 5.
                    unfortunately, most of our coaches are still stuck with the traditional positions , had they embraced positionless basketball, other teams w/o bigmen would have been competitive. the MVP group would benefit from positionless basketball as their bigs (erram, almazan) are not exactly in the same mold as cstan and jmf.

at least, with jmf out, we've seen teams like PHX,BGSM and TNT increase the phase, more 3pt shooting, less back to the basket plays and utilize variations of zone defense, hope it stays even after jmf returns,

our coaches are so in love with the traditional post game especially when you have a lumbering center that your opponents cant match the physicality.

to think we're a country that's not gifted with height,

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                      unfortunately, most of our coaches are still stuck with the traditional positions , had they embraced positionless basketball, other teams w/o bigmen would have been competitive. the MVP group would benefit from positionless basketball as their bigs (erram, almazan) are not exactly in the same mold as cstan and jmf.

at least, with jmf out, we've seen teams like PHX,BGSM and TNT increase the phase, more 3pt shooting, less back to the basket plays and utilize variations of zone defense, hope it stays even after jmf returns,

our coaches are so in love with the traditional post game especially when you have a lumbering center that your opponents cant match the physicality.

to think we're a country that's not gifted with height,
                      TNT was supposed to make Troy and Mo the future stretch bigs, but unfortunately, like I said, that stagnated their games. I mean, Troy became a more athletic, less accurate Aldrech Ramos more than an RDO, and same with Erram (at least offensively). If TNT could tweak their approach and require more versatility from their bigs on both ends, that would be a dream system comparable to GSW.

Good thing teams like Ginebra, Phoenix, and TNT made the semis. Agreed, hope their styles stay. Good ball movement, and more modern offenses.

This positionless ball trend should really start at the youth level. Hopefully Ginebra, Phoenix, and Gilas give coaches a model to work on.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                        But erram is a top 5 big man in the PBA today.. much tougher than barney Greg and mo tautuaa and much better than these two.. but the bigger problem is we don't have any bigs (6'7 above) right now.. only junmar and cstand are tougher bigs.. the rest are soft as marshmallow.. even in gilas cadets, baltazar, go and carino are soft big man..
                        Tougher maybe but not better than Greg and Mo...Greg's career low averages last year is even better than Errams averages right now

Comment

Sayang yun mga Gaya Nila rabah, taha, ballesteros, emman and even avo.. they can be still useful in other teams.. most of the coaches, especially "tactical immature" coaches are doesn't know how to use a big man.. they only know if you are a big man, you should only do post up and do some rough plays.. they not teach them how to play proper defense and be a rim protector atleast.. I will take example at northport.. they have platoon of bigs, even bradwyn guinto is a good big man back in kia days of Chris gavina.. but he doesn't know how to utilize his big men.. even hasn't proper plays for his team..
                          Hope the "proper defense" you're talking about also includes defending the perimeter. We'll need Draymond Green or PJ Tucker-type bigs rather than low-post types.

Comment

But erram is a top 5 big man in the PBA today.. much tougher than barney Greg and mo tautuaa and much better than these two.. but the bigger problem is we don't have any bigs (6'7 above) right now.. only junmar and cstand are tougher bigs.. the rest are soft as marshmallow.. even in gilas cadets, baltazar, go and carino are soft big man..
                            Halatang TNT Fan lol. Mo and Greg are better than Erram. Erram was only put on a weak blackwater team kaya nag show up.. Greg and Justin are better than Erram since college. Tingan mo nga wala si Erram sa lineup madalas or last guy off the bench nung ADMU days nya

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                              Halatang TNT Fan lol. Mo and Greg are better than Erram. Erram was only put on a weak blackwater team kaya nag show up.. Greg and Justin are better than Erram since college. Tingan mo nga wala si Erram sa lineup madalas or last guy off the bench nung ADMU days nya
                              4th Bigman behind Greg,Justin, and Frank Golla

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                                Exactly. Mo is a far more skilled offensive player, while Greg is a smarter and better low-post defender overall.

As for Chua, I dunno about being better than Erram just yet, here in the PBA. Chua's a better defender and shooter, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information