Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 200

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 20

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,461
    Country: Italy

    Default

    it was a crucial match for fener. as i think fener is a great team, it was a great win by barca

  2. #82
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,777
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    For what it's worth, I still think referees were disgustingly incompetent today, but we shouldn't have let Barça take a fucking 18 points lead, or make 17 turnovers, or miss open shots. Fener could have won this game regardless of the refereeing. There are many more games to win though, on to the next one
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    i know i know ,u prefere jack-rey
    It is not important which players he prefers. It is just weird to mention Diba/Black (two players I actually like and would have loved to see them with us) 3 times a day
    They are out. It is a fact of life.

    You be like:
    Before every game: Without Diba/Black we will struggle but with them, we would have won +15.
    After every game: If Diba/Black were with us we could have done better.

    It is not like they are coming back soon, so it just irrelevant to mention them so much.
    Other teams have injuries as well.

    Maccabi had 2 weeks when injuries strongly impacted the team (We had just 6 players squad for Israeli league! Crazy!) but we all glad it is better now and we try to focus on the team we have and not on what we do not have.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,461
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post
    It is not important which players he prefers. It is just weird to mention Diba/Black (two players I actually like and would have loved to see them with us) 3 times a day
    They are out. It is a fact of life.

    You be like:
    Before every game: Without Diba/Black we will struggle but with them, we would have won +15.
    After every game: If Diba/Black were with us we could have done better.

    It is not like they are coming back soon, so it just irrelevant to mention them so much.
    Other teams have injuries as well.

    Maccabi had 2 weeks when injuries strongly impacted the team (We had just 6 players squad for Israeli league! Crazy!) but we all glad it is better now and we try to focus on the team we have and not on what we do not have.
    thats true and right. we cant do anything about black diba, as repeating of their absence is not something cant help, but u know, i have big regret this year. said that, thats could be solved simply not reading me. differently, is highly serious asking to ban somebody or refusing to accept other opnions

  5. #85
    Senior Member Mr Chacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    My home
    Posts
    3,198
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Always the same arguments in the forum.

    Nobody speaking about Real Madrid's horrible game? Only Gman.

    A disaster, Khimki is great un offense but bad un defense, and today our attack was mediocre, and our defense nonexistant. We were down 21, but Mickey and Causeur were the only players who came to the game.

    Only -8, not bad...

  6. #86
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,526
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Take a break already. You are in delirium and you make a fool of yourself
    I'm absolutely sane pal, just got fed up with constant trolling. This person should have been banned long ago, but of course nobody cares. And it's of course not because a difference of opinion, it's because of trolling, intolerance, lack of logic and total incoherence and lack of basketball intelligence,].
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 01-17-2020 at 02:04 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  7. #87
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,526
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post
    It is not important which players he prefers. It is just weird to mention Diba/Black (two players I actually like and would have loved to see them with us) 3 times a day
    They are out. It is a fact of life.

    You be like:
    Before every game: Without Diba/Black we will struggle but with them, we would have won +15.
    After every game: If Diba/Black were with us we could have done better.

    It is not like they are coming back soon, so it just irrelevant to mention them so much.
    Other teams have injuries as well.

    Maccabi had 2 weeks when injuries strongly impacted the team (We had just 6 players squad for Israeli league! Crazy!) but we all glad it is better now and we try to focus on the team we have and not on what we do not have.
    Exactly.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  8. #88
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,526
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Always the same arguments in the forum.

    Nobody speaking about Real Madrid's horrible game? Only Gman.

    A disaster, Khimki is great un offense but bad un defense, and today our attack was mediocre, and our defense nonexistant. We were down 21, but Mickey and Causeur were the only players who came to the game.

    Only -8, not bad...
    Yep, to be honest I expected Real to win both games in Russia (well, CSKA is tough, but RM should have been better), especially against Khimki, but they haven't had a defence at all, and the result is indeed lying - it should have been more like 15-20 to Khimki.
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 01-17-2020 at 02:14 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    790
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cb1907 View Post
    FB did lose because of the refs.

    I think you didn't watch the game, there were "many" horrible calls tonight. They even had an official review for an unsportsmanlike foul which didn't ever need a review. That alone gives an idea about their attitude.
    What I don't understand is why there are so many ex-jugoslav referees in this league.

    There is only one team (red star) but there are tons of Serbian-Croatian (and other ex-jugoslav countries I suppose) referees. In almost every game game I notice there is one of them, sometimes even two.

    And they are so mediocre, I am sure they don't like Israeli and probably Turkish teams. Something has to be done eliminating at least some of them from the competition.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    790
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Always the same arguments in the forum.

    Nobody speaking about Real Madrid's horrible game? Only Gman.

    A disaster, Khimki is great un offense but bad un defense, and today our attack was mediocre, and our defense nonexistant. We were down 21, but Mickey and Causeur were the only players who came to the game.

    Only -8, not bad...
    considering real's frontline such a defence is unacceptable but if the team has decided to keep Laso at all costs nothing is going to change.

    Real's fans can only hope that the player's great personality will be sufficient (when the topic moments arrive) to go ahead and perhaps even win titles. It has already happened more than once. But during regular season the team will always have ups and downs the way they play (tons of 3pt shots and occasionally bad defence).

  11. #91
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,277
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Always the same arguments in the forum.

    Nobody speaking about Real Madrid's horrible game? Only Gman.

    A disaster, Khimki is great un offense but bad un defense, and today our attack was mediocre, and our defense nonexistant. We were down 21, but Mickey and Causeur were the only players who came to the game.

    Only -8, not bad...

    Nothing to speak about. The same story like against Cska, Laso playing with to many players, some totally out of form. The main problem is known for a long time. Real needs great Campazzo to play on top level, because Llull and Laprovittola are unfortunately not good enough. And that’s impossible for the whole season. If something happens to Campazzo is game over. Llull is really sad story, but something should be done next year.
    previously known as Beno

  12. #92
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,277
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    What I don't understand is why there are so many ex-jugoslav referees in this league.

    There is only one team (red star) but there are tons of Serbian-Croatian (and other ex-jugoslav countries I suppose) referees. In almost every game game I notice there is one of them, sometimes even two.

    And they are so mediocre, I am sure they don't like Israeli and probably Turkish teams. Something has to be done eliminating at least some of them from the competition.
    Fener was kept alive in Q2 only because refs, so this story is total bullshit. Refs can have good or bad nights, some are obviously better than others, but to say how some refs hate Israel and Turkey is laughable. There are few refs from Slovenia, in Slovenia people don’t even care what Israel is doing.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 01-17-2020 at 05:11 AM.
    previously known as Beno

  13. #93
    Senior Member MikeMaccabiFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,526
    Country: Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Fener was kept alive in Q2 only because refs, so this story is total bullshit. Refs can have good or bad nights, some are obviously better than others, but to say how some refs hate Israel and Turkey is laughable. There are few refs from Slovenia, in Slovenia people don’t even care what Israel is doing.
    I don't care where referees are from, in some games the level of their work is laughable. On Tuesday in Tel Aviv they had so many whistles it didn't let teams to play properly, but probably damaged Barca more, when their centers were full of PFs, Yesterday, it was beneath any critique - so many mistakes on both sides, but probably damaged Maccabi a bit more. Jordi probably should do something, but he most probably won't,,,,
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

    Save English, ban macabeo....

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    401

    Default

    I have never felt that referees from one country treat Maccabi worse/better. I also can't imagine why would they don't like Israel. I have spent time in Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and 4 hours in Bosnia. Everywhere I was welcomed with respect and hospitality and nobody cared or treated me differently because of my origin.

    What I do want to see, is a long extended report on ref calls. 10-minute report after each game where an official committee will explain whether each call was correct or not will take the refs level to new heights. Of course, it is a lot of work, but it is worth it, and I hope that there are people that have the job title: "improve the level of European referees".

    I do feel that there is too much deviation between refs. The amount of contact that is acceptable varies way too much in my opinion. There is so much gray area (not just in fouls, in traveling rules as well), I feel kinda bad for the players that have to adjust time after time to the refs at a given game.

  15. #95
    Senior Member kzav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,712
    Country: Greece

    Default

    “ There were other reasons for our loss, but I will not talk about it much.”

    Answering the question about the referees of the match Obradovic said, ‘We will prepare a video and of course will meet with the Euroleague management. It’s the only way. Of course we respect the organization, but we expect the same respect.”

    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

    "If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

    "You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

  16. #96
    Senior Member Cuneyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,560
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Fener was kept alive in Q2 only because refs, so this story is total bullshit. Refs can have good or bad nights, some are obviously better than others, but to say how some refs hate Israel and Turkey is laughable. There are few refs from Slovenia, in Slovenia people don’t even care what Israel is doing.
    Whoa whoa man...this is absurd. You can not say what you say in bold and then continue to say it’s bullshit.
    In my opinion that was bad refereeing.
    But if you say Fener was KEPT in the game, you actually confirm the conspiracy theory that the refs are designing the outcome of the league or games.

  17. #97
    Senior Member iraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    440
    Country: Russian Federation

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Always the same arguments in the forum.

    Nobody speaking about Real Madrid's horrible game? Only Gman.

    A disaster, Khimki is great un offense but bad un defense, and today our attack was mediocre, and our defense nonexistant. We were down 21, but Mickey and Causeur were the only players who came to the game.

    Only -8, not bad...
    I rarely watch Khimki play, so I saw only moments of this game. And I was very much surprized with Real's loss. But I think that the game against us on Tuesday was very exhausting, so I wouldn't be surprized if we have problems with Baskonia today. And Real had less time for rest too.
    Meanwhile after the game with CSKA you've explained that it's a normal practice for Laso not to insist on winning certain games that he considers not important. Maybe this was another such game? In this case there is not much to discuss. Though I find it a really strange explanation.

  18. #98
    Member Breadfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Zürich
    Posts
    54
    Country: Switzerland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Fener was kept alive in Q2 only because refs, so this story is total bullshit. Refs can have good or bad nights, some are obviously better than others, but to say how some refs hate Israel and Turkey is laughable. There are few refs from Slovenia, in Slovenia people don’t even care what Israel is doing.
    The path to the trophy requires sometimes double-victory in a single match.
    In this case,double-victory means beating the opponent and refs,as well.
    That‘s what Efes did last week against Barcelona with refs in full support on their side.Every and each Efes fan should feel proud of their teams,like i do!!!

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,461
    Country: Italy

    Default

    refs
    humans has personal ,istinctively, unconsciously, symphaty. no way. even a teacher, has his pesonal symphaty in his classroom. said that, we are writing of professional. that means they surely always judge in good faith. they surely have humans symphaty for a team or a player, so is humanly impossibile being 100% impartial, but it doesnt meand they judge partially. they make wrong decision but surely in good faith, thinking their decision was technically the right one. i never tought refes decide a ball match. sure it could happen that a tie game is decided by a wrong decision, but thinking is an error in good faith, i accept it . its part of the game exactly as a player who fail a ft or a shoot

  20. #100
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    5,277
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    Whoa whoa man...this is absurd. You can not say what you say in bold and then continue to say it’s bullshit.
    In my opinion that was bad refereeing.
    But if you say Fener was KEPT in the game, you actually confirm the conspiracy theory that the refs are designing the outcome of the league or games.
    I agree that refs were bad, but the premise was that they don’t like Turkish teams, which is bullshit.
    previously known as Beno

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •