Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 20

didnt see the match today but what matters is the victory. 12-8 that will probably improve to 13-8 against asvel next week and the best offense in the league so far. we need to drastically improve our defence though. in the last matches a big improvement is clear on the rebounding which was our other big problem in the first 2 months of the season. if we manage to improve the defence we can be competitive against the first teams as well cause our offense is on a great level. one of the reasons we receive 85-90 points in every game is the fact that we play in a much higher tempo than most of the teams which means more plays for us,but more plays for enemy teams as well. in the playoffs we will probably slow down a bit so we need to improve to 80-82ppg against us cause i think we can reach 85 easily,even in bad nights

btw im confident cause calathes usually was on form right now last seasons. right now he is not a very good form but we get the victories. we should get the 2 away games against red star and valencia after asvel and we will be in a good spot to fight for 4th place at least. or at least 5th to avoid efes,real and probably barcelona
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    didnt see the match today but what matters is the victory. 12-8 that will probably improve to 13-8 against asvel next week and the best offense in the league so far. we need to drastically improve our defence though. in the last matches a big improvement is clear on the rebounding which was our other big problem in the first 2 months of the season. if we manage to improve the defence we can be competitive against the first teams as well cause our offense is on a great level. one of the reasons we receive 85-90 points in every game is the fact that we play in a much higher tempo than most of the teams which means more plays for us,but more plays for enemy teams as well. in the playoffs we will probably slow down a bit so we need to improve to 80-82ppg against us cause i think we can reach 85 easily,even in bad nights

btw im confident cause calathes usually was on form right now last seasons. right now he is not a very good form but we get the victories. we should get the 2 away games against red star and valencia after asvel and we will be in a good spot to fight for 4th place at least. or at least 5th to avoid efes,real and probably barcelona

Strange to see Zalgiris' defense get lit up like that...The pace PAO was playing at gave them a huge problem....They couldn't stop it....

According to Pitino's post game comments they got 11 fast breaks (felt like more watching it).....Would of been much more but Zalgiris sunk everything in the first half.......Harder to run the floor when they hit shots......
    Last edited by Gman365; 01-18-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Olympiacos with a 35 point 4th quarter......They shot 32 three pointers

The Bartzokas factor starting to take effect.....

Maccabeo will like that...

This EuroLeague season must be the most entertaining in quite some time. Usually the top four are fairly certain, this season it seems anyone can be beaten any week. Only Anadolu seem truly dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Olympiacos with a 35 point 4th quarter......They shot 32 three pointers

The Bartzokas factor starting to take effect.....

Maccabeo will like that...
    perfect bartzokas style. what a coach! as i would like to name aito, a very underrated coach , a coach who always org an impressive ball moviment

As a matter of principal, I've never used refereeing as an excuse whenever my team loses.

EL this season is really exciting, very competitive and -mostly- unpredictable.
    BUT...
    Refs are worse than any other season I can recall. I don't say that it's intentional but their inconsistency is outrageous. At least, the same refs should use the same criteria through out the same match for both teams when they call fouls. Never mind whether they allow rough physical game or not as far as they are not schizophrenic.

That is the black spot of current tournament which shouldn't become more "exciting" because of the refs

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    I consider that a Balcanic and near east paranoia. Refs are against Serbs, Greeks, Turks and Israelis, against half league. Western European conspiracy.

Bullshit. Nothing else.
    I don't know if it is bullshit or not, I would like to see the list of euroleague referees and count the ex-jugoslav ones. But I can't find anywhere this list.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    I don't know if it is bullshit or not, I would like to see the list of euroleague referees and count the ex-jugoslav ones. But I can't find anywhere this list.
    traditionally basketball powerhouses are mostly eastern europe countries and spain in the last couple of decades (+italians 10-15 years ago). in most of ex-yugo countries basketball is the number 1 sport. so apart from athletes its normal to have side effects like a larger pool of referees to choose from these countries instead of england for example that might be one of the biggest countries in europe but noone cares about basketball.

whats not normal is that they allow people like pukl still be in charge of basketball games, disrepect age rules to allow lamonica still be a euroleague referee and other stuff like that
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

about panathinaikos im optimistic about the future and i see an improvement on 2 players. papagiannis and johnson. if they can both reach their potential it will be a great boost for the play offs. papagiannis is a huge body that can cover the rim and secure rebounds and johnson is a clyburn type of player that can guard everyone from 1 to 4. add calathes and papapetrou that are the only reliable on the defensive end in most of the games and i expect the defence to improve significantlly
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Efes will play 6 away games in next 7 rounds. So, 1st spot is wide open imo for Real, Barca, Maccabi and CSKA
    One of this top5 will lose HCA and that could be even Efes with the hardest schedule of all top teams.

Efes is only endangered to lose against CSKA or Real but both teams are beatable for Efes. Real is in its weakest constitution right now

about panathinaikos im optimistic about the future and i see an improvement on 2 players. papagiannis and johnson. if they can both reach their potential it will be a great boost for the play offs. papagiannis is a huge body that can cover the rim and secure rebounds and johnson is a clyburn type of player that can guard everyone from 1 to 4. add calathes and papapetrou that are the only reliable on the defensive end in most of the games and i expect the defence to improve significantlly
    Big george is the worst rebounder referring to his size. If you see him developed I dont know what your normal expectations of an euroleague player is. He lacks lateral quickness, cant grab rebounds, give up on low post too easily. A playoff adventure with him as your primary Center will end up in a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Big george is the worst rebounder referring to his size. If you see him developed I dont know what your normal expectations of an euroleague player is. He lacks lateral quickness, cant grab rebounds, give up on low post too easily. A playoff adventure with him as your primary Center will end up in a mess.
    he is 22,5 years old (milutinov at his age was even worse,tavares was just a mediocre giant in the spanish league etc). he hasnt developed as everyone expected (thats the reason he was picked so high in the draft as well,highest greek draft ever,higher than giannis),but im talking about improvement compared to the start of the season. and no he is not a great rebounder or anything but he is 2.20 so even standing there under the basket is a reason for enemy drivers to think 2 and 3 times before trying anything. he is what he is and what we have so we will play with him. the rebounding problem seems to be improving the last month,so perimetral defence is next, johnson can be crucial there. after all thats the reason we got him,nobody who knew him expected him to average 15ppg (he is underperforming heavily offensively of course but the general offense works just fine with panathinaikos having the best offense with efes,so we dont need his points,we need his defence to help calathes and papapetrou)
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Efes is only endangered to lose against CSKA or Real but both teams are beatable for Efes. Real is in its weakest constitution right now
    Disagree. Our weakest constitution was in the 1st round. Rudy will play, and Randolph is doubtful. Both are really key for us, mainly Rudy.

he is 22,5 years old (milutinov at his age was even worse,tavares was just a mediocre giant in the spanish league etc). he hasnt developed as everyone expected (thats the reason he was picked so high in the draft as well,highest greek draft ever,higher than giannis),but im talking about improvement compared to the start of the season. and no he is not a great rebounder or anything but he is 2.20 so even standing there under the basket is a reason for enemy drivers to think 2 and 3 times before trying anything. he is what he is and what we have so we will play with him. the rebounding problem seems to be improving the last month,so perimetral defence is next, johnson can be crucial there. after all thats the reason we got him,nobody who knew him expected him to average 15ppg (he is underperforming heavily offensively of course but the general offense works just fine with panathinaikos having the best offense with efes,so we dont need his points,we need his defence to help calathes and papapetrou)
    Dont lie, Tavares at 22/23 was named the best center in the Eurocup.

Every team is beatable for Efes, they will maybe win it all, but this is big test.

He is drafted as 13th pick because Vlad Divac was a great player but an idiot as GM like the owner of the kings. All mock drafts put him mid second round back then. From what I am seeing he is just usable as alley hoop guy. Sceen setting is average, bad rolling big man. Doesnt know what to do after getting the ball. Sees the open man very seldom. Just usable under the rim for put backs or alley hoops. Bad pick and roll defender. Is either lazy or doesnt understand the game well. I would prefer Mitoglou as my primary Center than PGiannis.

Its true that Bigs need a bit more time to fully activate their potential but Milutinov had never problems grabbing rebounds. He had a bad touch around the rim if i remember correctly and was weak in defending low post situations but he never lacked effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Disagree. Our weakest constitution was in the 1st round. Rudy will play, and Randolph is doubtful. Both are really key for us, mainly Rudy.
    Yeah maybe you are right but you live through a drought and thats a good time to beat Real a second time and if Efes loses its calculated anyway. That Khimki loss of yours gave Efes some space anyway.

traditionally basketball powerhouses are mostly eastern europe countries and spain in the last couple of decades (+italians 10-15 years ago). in most of ex-yugo countries basketball is the number 1 sport. so apart from athletes its normal to have side effects like a larger pool of referees to choose from these countries instead of england for example that might be one of the biggest countries in europe but noone cares about basketball.

whats not normal is that they allow people like pukl still be in charge of basketball games, disrepect age rules to allow lamonica still be a euroleague referee and other stuff like that
    Football is No.1 sport in all ex-yugo countries and it’s no even close. It’s very questionable if basketball is even No.2 sport in Slovenia.
    previously known as Beno

he hasnt developed as everyone expected (thats the reason he was picked so high in the draft as well,highest greek draft ever,higher than giannis)
    he was picked so high because Divac is the worst GM in the league.
    and there is hard competition for that title, however he is miles ahead of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    if a 36 year old player is the key for Real then Real has some serious issues and/or bad team management.
    he has been playing out of this world last month or even more but if Real is dependable on Rudy then the future is not bright for Real.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast