Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 20

For those who call football boring - you should see cricket
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by Katastroika View Post
    Handball was here extremely popular simmilar to Volleyball. Now Handball is completely forgotten, noone cares, Volleyball same even we are European Champions (!). Still, my feeling is that Volleyball is behind waterpolo in terms of popularity.
    In Spain:

1-Football (1 time WC)
    2-Basketball (2 times WC)
    3- Handball (2 times WC)
    4- Futsal (2 times WC)
    5- Waterpolo (2 times WC)
    6- Hockey -grass or rolley- (2 times RU in grasa, 17 times WC in rolley-)
    7- Volley-ball (0 WC)
    8- Rugby (0 WC)
    9- Baseball (0 WC)

Volley-ball is the forgotten team sport in Spain, and we were European Champions in 2007.

Very few people plays rugby in Spain, our squad is made by french players and southamericans (all of them with spanish roots). We were close to play the last WC, the best achievement.

And about Baseball, the same happens. All our players are southamericans with spanish citizenship. Our best achievement was the 2013 WC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    In Spain:

1-Football (1 time WC)
    2-Basketball (2 times WC)
    3- Handball (2 times WC)
    4- Futsal (2 times WC)
    5- Waterpolo (2 times WC)
    6- Hockey -grass or rolley- (2 times RU in grasa, 17 times WC in rolley-)
    7- Volley-ball (0 WC)
    8- Rugby (0 WC)
    9- Baseball (0 WC)

Volley-ball is the forgotten team sport in Spain, and we were European Champions in 2007.

Very few people plays rugby in Spain, our squad is made by french players and southamericans (all of them with spanish roots). We were close to play the last WC, the best achievement.

And about Baseball, the same happens. All our players are southamericans with spanish citizenship. Our best achievement was the 2013 WC.
    amazing sports culture.
    if you include individual sports (cycling, motorsports, tennis, athletics, etc) and women's teams, this list becomes possibly the most impressive in Europe.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMaccabiFan View Post
    For those who call football boring - you should see cricket
    You have to be cultured and refined to appreciate cricket. I grew up with it so I love it. In India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka it's the no 1 sport. In the Anglo-saxon (England, Australia, NZ, South Africa, West Indies) countries it's ranked 2nd- 3rd.

It's like Opera or ballet. It's a refined and acquired taste not for all.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    You have to be cultured and refined to appreciate cricket. I grew up with it so I love it. In India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka it's the no 1 sport. In the Anglo-saxon (England, Australia, NZ, South Africa, West Indies) countries it's ranked 2nd- 3rd.

It's like Opera or ballet. It's a refined and acquired taste not for all.
    More than Chinese opera I'd say. For very few who had grown up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    amazing sports culture.
    if you include individual sports (cycling, motorsports, tennis, athletics, etc) and women's teams, this list becomes possibly the most impressive in Europe.
    100%. Spain has incredible amount of talent, big culture of national team being something very appreciated and respected in society and political and economic infrastructure for building champions.

For me without any doubt greatest sports nation in Europe. For me most impressive is that besides some political tensions in some parts of the country all players show up and give 100% respect to the jersey. Reminds me of the country where I have been born. It was pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by to
    100%. Spain has incredible amount of talent, big culture of national team being something very appreciated and respected in society and political and economic infrastructure for building champions.

For me without any doubt greatest sports nation in Europe. For me most impressive is that besides some political tensions in some parts of the country all players show up and give 100% respect to the jersey. Reminds me of the country where I have been born. It was pretty much the same.
    Sport results depends a lot on population.

I have to say that Slovenia is at this moment some kind of phenomenon in Europe.

Eurobasket, 1st.
    Volleyball, 2nd.
    Handball, Today semi final.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Indeed, although some people from big countries-especially from USA- want to ignore it. Slovenia, Croatia and especially Lithuania are the most developed countries in European bball considering their population. We could say the same for Serbia and perhaps Greece to a lesser extend.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Indeed, although some people from big countries-especially from USA- want to ignore it. Slovenia, Croatia and especially Lithuania are the most developed countries in European bball considering their population. We could say the same for Serbia and perhaps Greece to a lesser extend.
    Basketball is in Lithuania sport #1. Slovenia somehow have incredible results in many sports except football, which is sport #1. If we could somehow cancelled football...

https://www.greatestsportingnation.c...p-2019/results
    previously known as Beno

I have to say that Slovenia is at this moment some kind of phenomenon in Europe.

Eurobasket, 1st.
    Volleyball, 2nd.
    Handball, Today semi final.
    Spain - Slovenia at 20.30, and Real Madrid at 21 (spanish hour).

NOOOOOOOOO

Spain - Slovenia at 20.30, and Real Madrid at 21 (spanish hour).

NOOOOOOOOO
    They changed the schedule today. The match should be at 18.00.

Btw. Prepelic went Supernova in Badalona. Too bad that Laso didn't give him more chances.
    previously known as Beno

They changed the schedule today. The match should be at 18.00.

Btw. Prepelic went Supernova in Badalona. Too bad that Laso didn't give him more chances.
    I watched Joventut game over Real Madrid on football. Great win vs Tofas! He is still part of the club, and there are rumours about Carroll's retirement. Let's wait.

I watched Joventut game over Real Madrid on football. Great win vs Tofas! He is still part of the club, and there are rumours about Carroll's retirement. Let's wait.
    22.3 average in ACB and clear leader in points is something that would have helped Real this year too.

At least Slovenia has some chances to qualify for Olympic games with Prepelic playing like that. Luka, Prepelic in this form and Randolph, if they can persuade them, could maybe be enough. They fit great together.
    previously known as Beno

22.3 average in ACB and clear leader in points is something that would have helped Real this year too.

At least Slovenia has some chances to qualify for Olympic games with Prepelic playing like that. Luka, Prepelic in this form and Randolph, if they can persuade them, could maybe be enough. They fit great together.
    If you get Randolph you are a real contender for going to Tokyo. Pitty that Goran didn't decide to show up one last time. This would have been a brutal team ready to beat everyone except US.

I thought Randolph "retired" from the slovenian nt and I still think that Prepelic is just a shooter who can get on fire from time to time. With Dragic and Randolph chances would be there but just with Doncic, Prepelic there is nothing to win for Slovenia even with Randolph.

There best Center is Gasper Vidmar and then comes Dimec. This is not a team that a serious opponent needs to be concerned. Dragic is a different story though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    I thought Randolph "retired" from the slovenian nt and I still think that Prepelic is just a shooter who can get on fire from time to time. With Dragic and Randolph chances would be there but just with Doncic, Prepelic there is nothing to win for Slovenia even with Randolph.

There best Center is Gasper Vidmar and then comes Dimec. This is not a team that a serious opponent needs to be concerned. Dragic is a different story though.
    Averaging 22.3 in Acb is for sure not getting on fire from time to time. If they can get Randolph, which is a big if, but we all know how Americans feel about Olympics, the team will be more or less the same, which has won Eurobasket - Dragic, but with much improved Luka and Prepelic. Luka as superstar needs exactly players like Prepelic and Randolph around him, look how Dallas is playing. Dragic would help for sure, but things has changed in 2 years time, now Luka is a superstar, who needs more right players around him, shooters and defenders than a second leader.
    previously known as Beno

Averaging 22.3 in Acb is for sure not getting on fire from time to time. If they can get Randolph, which is a big if, but we all know how Americans feel about Olympics, the team will be more or less the same, which has won Eurobasket - Dragic, but with much improved Luka and Prepelic. Luka as superstar needs exactly players like Prepelic and Randolph around him, look how Dallas is playing. Dragic would help for sure, but things has changed in 2 years time, now Luka is a superstar, who needs more right players around him, shooters and defenders than a second leader.
    Well the problem is not Doncic and Prepelic but the rest of the team. Maybe the starting five can deal with the teams in the group but the bench surely cant. Slovenia is a small country and doesnt have many high quality player. When I look at the rest there are players like Jaka Blazic, Edo Muric etc. Eurobasket 17 was a very lucky year for Slovenia because many many big teams had big losses. I rate Slovenia as the second best team in its group but the lack of good bigs will break the neck of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Well the problem is not Doncic and Prepelic but the rest of the team. Maybe the starting five can deal with the teams in the group but the bench surely cant. Slovenia is a small country and doesnt have many high quality player. When I look at the rest there are players like Jaka Blazic, Edo Muric etc. Eurobasket 17 was a very lucky year for Slovenia because many many big teams had big losses. I rate Slovenia as the second best team in its group but the lack of good bigs will break the neck of the team.
    Slovenia's odds was 1/30 before Eurobasket and they have beat everyone in the tournament. France, Greece, very strong Latvia, very strong Spain by 20 and Serbia without some players, going 9/9 with same shitty bench. I don't say they are favourites in qualifying tournament or in Olympics, but I believe they have some chances if everything goes well. Basketball has changed, classic bigs are far less important than before. Randolph is of course crucial, a modern big, who can do everything, without him, there is no chance for Slovenia.
    previously known as Beno

No doubt that Slovenia has chances. I surely wouldn't bet on Lithuania with current odds we have in local bookies. One game, huge pressure - anything can happen, not a fact that home court advantage will be in favor then. Good that our coaches, players think the same and doesn't take everything for granted, but starts preparing even since this upcoming NT window, trying to get closest team possible. Also lot of people forgets Poland, but they can also cause some problems if will have a good day + lot of their fans might come, tickets are very cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    No doubt that Slovenia has chances. I surely wouldn't bet on Lithuania with current odds we have in local bookies. One game, huge pressure - anything can happen, not a fact that home court advantage will be in favor then. Good that our coaches, players think the same and doesn't take everything for granted, but starts preparing even since this upcoming NT window, trying to get closest team possible. Also lot of people forgets Poland, but they can also cause some problems if will have a good day + lot of their fans might come, tickets are very cheap
    I have a feeling that many people from Slovenia will come too, if Luka comes. He has changed biorhythm of thousands Slovenians already.
    previously known as Beno

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910