• Show
Clear All

• 2021 Euro Qualifiers

Group C

Czech Republic (Q)
    Belgium
    Lithuania
    Denmark.

Czech Republic automatically qualifies due to the hosts' rights. Two highest placed teams of the group qualify to the European championship together with hosts.

Schedule:

February 21, 2020: Belgium vs. Lithuania
    February 24, 2020: Lithuania vs. Czech Republic

November 26, 2020: Lithuania vs. Denmark
    November 29, 2020: Lithuania vs. Belgium

February 19, 2021: Czech Republic vs. Lithuania
    February 22, 2021: Denmark vs. Lithuania
    Last edited by ZaliaBalta; 01-15-2020, 09:45 AM.

Extended list for the first window:

Guards: Kalnietis, Janavičius, Jokubaitis, Bičkauskis, Juškevičius, Dimša, Valinskas;

Forwards: Mačiulis, Gailius, Kuzminskas, Butkevičius, Sedekerskis, Bendžius, Masiulis, Kulboka;

Centers: Echodas, Birutis, Kairys, Mockevičius, Sajus

Comment

Final roster will be announced at the beginning of February.

My wish (not the guess, but wish) would be:

Kalnietis, Jokubaitis
      Juškevičius, Dimša
      Kuzminskas, Butkevičius, Sedekerskis
      Mačiulis, Masiulis, Kulboka
      Echodas, Birutis

However, my guess is:

Kalnietis, Bičkauskis, Janavičius
      Juškevičius, Dimša
      Kuzminskas, Gailius, Butkevičius
      Mačiulis, Bendžius,
      Kairys, Echodas

- It's a shame, that Dovydas Giedraitis is not on the extended list.
      - The least wanted player for me is Deividas Gailius.
      - I really hope Rokas Jokubaitis gets a chance.
      - It might be the first and the only chance ever for Tomas Dimša to wear NT's jersey, since he has been performing really well this season so far.

Comment

The biggest news is of course D-Mo again declining the invitation... sure, he has an excuse - his club has games in China, but didn't he know that before, when said that he will surely come Again speaks a lot, but does nothing. If he believes that he will come and will break the roster right before OQT, well, he might be surprised...

The rest was more or less predictable. There're some players who could make it instead others, but not as big difference makers and probably wouldn't be in final roster what so ever (judging on current shape)

Comment

Again, I missed broader vision. Very short term goal roster without a tiny cleft for gaze to the nearest future and even so questionable overall. Tell me how current Valinskas deserves to be in? The dude sucked...a co*k literally in France league and he has been sucking in Lithuania as well. Limited, primitive, ISO baller, streaky shooter, probably poor man's Juskevicius. The dude averages 7pts in 25min in LKL, what he will be doing in the NT? Both Sirvydis and D. Giedraitis badly overlooked as they are not only already better, but both are future, and the latter probably the most consistent three point shooter entirely from all youngsters and we do know how badly we lack shooters.
          Gailius? Really? Most stupid chucking machine in entire LKL? I mean I can't watch his game, worst chucker ever, we'll watch him jacking off shots and making most stupid decisions in the entire BB planet? Way to go.
          Bickauskas or Janavicius instead of Velicka is also super brave move, like it's not 50/50 players basically, just that one is 20yo stud and others have as much as zero relevance as it comes to anything serious ever.
          Staring to think Matkevicius doesn't have it. He had one good tournament with NT and that was 2015, right? And then it was all up to Kazlauskas, he just helped to get to know with the opponents. Highly questionable rosters with Adomaitis and now again...Gailius and Valinskas will be gathering us on their soulders with the most horrid ISO ball in Earth. Deep take brah.

And now D-Mo..."Save the spot...I'm coming directly to Kaunas, for your serves be it 4 or 5", LOL
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

If they will put in freakin' Gailius and will leave out Kulboka or Masiulis, that will be the biggest joke in new era Like we give a zero f...that we are screwing in BB since 2016. That's how I pretty much rank this extended list. Like everyone is satisfied with screwing and worst stretch in history, no attempt to fix something. The only tit Jokubaitis, who realistically and objectively second best PG on the list, so it's not even a tiny push.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I think we already discussed about it and agreed on that - let's not demand any vision, view to the future from current coaching stuff. They are here for this summer only, with no idea what future holds. All they care about is to win these two qualifying games, not to screw up the situation and most importantly start preparing team for OQT. All these changes of generations will have to wait till September or when there'll be next window. Who cares if in this list there is Valinskas, Giedraitis or Sirvydis, none will make it even to this window camp, not at current shape, cause most likely like always there will be some 12-14 players only. Btw, what Gailius has to do with Kulboka and Masiulis? Different positions. I never was a fan of Gailius, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him making into this window roster as SG/SF

Comment

Matkevicius is here like forever, he saw brave youngster's integration by Kazlauskas, he worked with Adomaitis and now again he goes with super mediocre NT boderliner instead of to go with the young player with the clear upside standing at the same level as a player basically. To me, those extended lists says it all how they see things, how they project. It is important, because if Juskevicius goes down, some Valinskas steps up, not Sirvydis, not Giedraitis. When we badly need new integration, when our NT highly lacking talent and it's obvious for 4 years now, we filling soft EUro qualifiers with mediocre LKL players instead of building something. It's not like Eurobasket, there won't be Satoransky or Vesely. We are taking them down with our -B team, most likely.
                Gailius has to do with it, that they may go with three SFs, taking only 2 PFs, and at this point we lack more PFs.
                Personally, I'm disappointed because I'm not even sure how much such player as Juskevicius is better than some Sirvydis. The first one is still soft and weak defender, non system player and other than his shooting which is streaky, he can't provide much if any. We have some young studs who could easily get their feet wet and we still take wins comfortably. But somehow we go all mediocre, all the way, that has been the path. And, IMO, anyone who takes the wheel of NT, be it for a year, must instantly consider the whole picture. Anyway, that's my take, and even if Gailius can score some, I just find his game so primitive and won't even comment his D, the biggest murmer who always commit super stupid PFs in entire LKL, I just don't see how such player's can ride with NT jerseys...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Dmo as always ...

List like list all our best players included right now we have after top 6-7main rotation players from NBA and euroleague that for obviuos reasons can't be here.

List basically didn't change from previous window games that obviuosly worked .Mature players and most tallented youngsters .

In 5 days and 2 games there is no time for anything. Coaches put players that played and won those window level games before.

If STF reacting like that to boring window games list, he will go mad when he will see our Olympic team lineup with no shaky leg youngsters at all
                  Last edited by Shawshank; 01-15-2020, 06:31 PM.

Comment

to SF
                    To those mentioned fellows who are not on the list i would add one more who is balling recently and not in LKL but in the 2nd Eurocup round - that is Girdziunas. I know you have just forgotten to mention him so i only remind.
                    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 01-16-2020, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Personally I'm not a fan of "let's qualify" vision so I don't understand why better players are taken instead of talented ones
                      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        Matkevicius is here like forever, he saw brave youngster's integration by Kazlauskas, he worked with Adomaitis and now again he goes with super mediocre NT boderliner instead of to go with the young player with the clear upside standing at the same level as a player basically. To me, those extended lists says it all how they see things, how they project. It is important, because if Juskevicius goes down, some Valinskas steps up, not Sirvydis, not Giedraitis. When we badly need new integration, when our NT highly lacking talent and it's obvious for 4 years now, we filling soft EUro qualifiers with mediocre LKL players instead of building something. It's not like Eurobasket, there won't be Satoransky or Vesely. We are taking them down with our -B team, most likely.
                        Gailius has to do with it, that they may go with three SFs, taking only 2 PFs, and at this point we lack more PFs.
                        Personally, I'm disappointed because I'm not even sure how much such player as Juskevicius is better than some Sirvydis. The first one is still soft and weak defender, non system player and other than his shooting which is streaky, he can't provide much if any. We have some young studs who could easily get their feet wet and we still take wins comfortably. But somehow we go all mediocre, all the way, that has been the path. And, IMO, anyone who takes the wheel of NT, be it for a year, must instantly consider the whole picture. Anyway, that's my take, and even if Gailius can score some, I just find his game so primitive and won't even comment his D, the biggest murmer who always commit super stupid PFs in entire LKL, I just don't see how such player's can ride with NT jerseys...
                        It absolutely doesn't matter how long is Matkevicius here, year, cycle, century... All that is important that he is here now for this only windown and OQT. This window won't change a destiny of any your beloved teen player, the are all too weak now, but it's important part of our preparation for OQT. How many times we'll need to discuss about that? It's everytime all the same. You see some 10 years infont with your predictable rosters, but you fail to see what will happen in few months. There's no whole summer to prepare, no dozen of friendlies - there's new coach, new system, every game is precious. We have like 5 days now in February and few weeks in June. So yeah, let's fill this limited roster with future... You can do this when time will come, I absolutely don't give a fck now how NT will look in Autumn window, I care about the most important summer we'll have this cycle. And coaching stuff obviously too. Maybe Matkevicius working these years with Kazlauskas and other coaches learned exactly that - to make right priorities?
                        And no, Gailius has absolutely nothing to do with Kulboka or Masiulis. You just put them together cause one is veteran, other two are youngsters you like. For the same reason you'll be disappointed if he'll make it or some youngster won't. You just have no patience. Even tho none has smth incommon. Gailius is there for obvious reason - he still has class for this roster and we lack SG/SF, well, and he is better than Sirvydis. Other two will fight for frontcourt places, another your favorite Bendzius would suit the discussion much more. I'd even say that current Bendzius, with current shape, the way he performed yesterday, would have an obvious edge over current Kulboka, but we still have a month to go.
                        Only thing that was surprising is Valinskas inclusion. But I don't care much here, with current shape he has no chances what so ever. The same like Giedraitis. Just the name to fill the list

Comment

Actually in last 3 serious games Valinskas outscored Dimsa 17,3-12,7
                          The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                            If STF reacting like that to boring window games list, he will go mad when he will see our Olympic team lineup with no shaky leg youngsters at all
                            Contrary, I'm a bit pissed now, because I see windows as great space for talented youngsters to get a shot. Making the NT for real deal tournaments is another thing.

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                            to SF
                            To those mentioned fellows who are not on the list i would add one more who is balling recently and not in LKL but in the 2nd Eurocup round - that is Girdziunas. I know you have just forgotten to mention him so i only remind.
                            Lately he's good. But I don't really miss him. We can deal without him easily. I actually missed Beliauskas in the list. Still pretty young, and playing really well this seasom

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                            Personally I'm not a fan of "let's qualify" vision so I don't understand why better players are taken instead of talented ones
                            IMO, we highly overrate these games. We are more than capable to win with (maybe!) slightly wore team, but more talented.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                            It absolutely doesn't matter how long is Matkevicius here, year, cycle, century... All that is important that he is here now for this only windown and OQT. This window won't change a destiny of any your beloved teen player, the are all too weak now, but it's important part of our preparation for OQT. How many times we'll need to discuss about that? It's everytime all the same. You see some 10 years infont with your predictable rosters, but you fail to see what will happen in few months. There's no whole summer to prepare, no dozen of friendlies - there's new coach, new system, every game is precious. We have like 5 days now in February and few weeks in June. So yeah, let's fill this limited roster with future... You can do this when time will come, I absolutely don't give a fck now how NT will look in Autumn window, I care about the most important summer we'll have this cycle. And coaching stuff obviously too. Maybe Matkevicius working these years with Kazlauskas and other coaches learned exactly that - to make right priorities?
                            And no, Gailius has absolutely nothing to do with Kulboka or Masiulis. You just put them together cause one is veteran, other two are youngsters you like. For the same reason you'll be disappointed if he'll make it or some youngster won't. You just have no patience. Even tho none has smth incommon. Gailius is there for obvious reason - he still has class for this roster and we lack SG/SF, well, and he is better than Sirvydis. Other two will fight for frontcourt places, another your favorite Bendzius would suit the discussion much more. I'd even say that current Bendzius, with current shape, the way he performed yesterday, would have an obvious edge over current Kulboka, but we still have a month to go.
                            Only thing that was surprising is Valinskas inclusion. But I don't care much here, with current shape he has no chances what so ever. The same like Giedraitis. Just the name to fill the list
                            What you say is all correct in a way, I just stick with other angle, other thesis that long term goal is direct impact to wins. You speak about the wins, but it doesn't come from no-where. The goal is not simply qualify, we most likely would qualify with our C team, let's face it. We want big wins, we want to be good at the big stage, and these steps, these windows is the soil that we must sow. Going with status quo didn't give as anything, zero. We got all the wins in WC quallies, yet had zero new talent to add to 2019 WC team and even more we barely prepared anything to 2020 (OK, Kulboka and Masiulis got some stint, but very little). These windows are too precious just to gather best team (meaning LKL best veterans who are absolute mediocre players in real NT perspective all in) and to trash the second rate opponents. I see it as wasted soil. The priority is to be big in real freakin' tournaments and not to simply wait till our most talented youngsters will find their ways without helping them, this way we will stay at the same bleak level we are at since some...errrr...2008 for another 5 years. We should push it and we barely have anything to lose, we would still qualify. I know Kalauskas would push it, I bet Jasikevicius would do, or Sireika. I even bet we still are heavy favourite against any of Czech rep (Satoransky, Vesely less), Denmark, Belgium even if we pack 60% youngsters and 40% veterans roster as such:

Kalnietis, Jokubaitis
                            Juskevicius, Sirvydis, Giedraitis
                            Kuzminskas, Butkevicius
                            Kulboka, Masiulis, Maciulis
                            Echodas, Birutis

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                            Actually in last 3 serious games Valinskas outscored Dimsa 17,3-12,7
                            Valinskas is streaky as hell. Dimsa shows consistency this season + better, tougher defender.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Yeah those 2 window games againts lkl level opponents would be so dramatic for those youngsters that after gettting their feet wet here, they would be almost ready to play in Olympics againts NBA/ euroleague players in 6 months.

Those ltu NT coaches don't understand nothing! How they don't see this fantastic possibility to upgrade our Olympic team 2020.No vision for future ,just invites best players with ltu passports stubborn old school idiots.

Kazlauskas and Sharas would have built u-23 teams for this windows.They always have one youngster on their bench that does good job with towells and these maskoliunas/ matkevicius have no clue how to use youngsters.
                              Last edited by Shawshank; 01-16-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information