Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 19

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I thought this was a very interesting point.
    Interesting, but not entirely true. First if all, as pointed out on one of Hebrew sport sites, there also was Maccabi of 2000/2001 of Gershon, with crunch defense of Henefeld/Sharp/MacDonald, so one can make comparison with that team too. Second, what about people liking all three teams?
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    Until we have transparency, as Levenspiel said, we can't really have a solid basis for discussing budgets. Only some "clear cut" cases like Barca and Real. But it is not surprising to me that Valencia, a competitor in the world's second best basketball league could have a bigger budget than Pao or that Zenit, that needs to convince players to go to the Russia to play for a relatively unknown team could have a bigger budget than Oly.
    Which player in Valencia gets paid even close to 2.3 million euros which is Calathe's salary?Van Rossom,San Emeterio,Dubljevic?Who?There isnt a single player in Valencia roster that would be considered a top 50 player in europe and you want me to believe they have higher budget than PAO?Bs

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I am generally optimistic, but I don't believe as much as you make it sound like. Lauvergne is terrible, Vesely will probably never reach his peak performance again, Kalinic is on a decline since 2017 etc. I was just talking about his 2017 performance and people still treating him like dogshit back then, you somehow turned the conversation as if I am optimistic about this year's team. That was never the topic before you derailed it.
    Kalinic, Vesely and Lauvergne are wrong targets man. You don't understand the real problem and that is mediocre Americans and mediocre pg. I started Nunnally saga because he was paradigm of wrong roster decisions, but only some people here realized the point. Now as you see Nunnally is giant comparing to Williams who try to be hero in every game, man isn't shooter but he takes 7 shoots with zero success. Thomas is impotent offence player but he is persistent in trying without any success. And still you defend them.
    Yersteday you praise Sloukas for good game and neglect that he killed any single sign of energy in this team. Forcing the wrong guy in every offence not to mention his raping of the ball for 20 seconds and then force shoot over the hand. And that is ok to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Which player in Valencia gets paid even close to 2.3 million euros which is Calathe's salary?Van Rossom,San Emeterio,Dubljevic?Who?There isnt a single player in Valencia roster that would be considered a top 50 player in europe and you want me to believe they have higher budget than PAO?Bs
    I just said that it wouldn’t surprise me my man. I didn’t say that that’s the case.

Jeez people are tense here lately.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Kalinic, Vesely and Lauvergne are wrong targets man. You don't understand the real problem and that is mediocre Americans and mediocre pg. I started Nunnally saga because he was paradigm of wrong roster decisions, but only some people here realized the point. Now as you see Nunnally is giant comparing to Williams who try to be hero in every game, man isn't shooter but he takes 7 shoots with zero success. Thomas is impotent offence player but he is persistent in trying without any success. And still you defend them.
    Yersteday you praise Sloukas for good game and neglect that he killed any single sign of energy in this team. Forcing the wrong guy in every offence not to mention his raping of the ball for 20 seconds and then force shoot over the hand. And that is ok to you?
    Are you really not understanding I was talking about the performance of Kalinic in 2017? Or are you being thick on purpose?

About other players, I don't like you choosing a player and criticizing no matter what (Nunnally, now Williams) and worshipping some players no matter what (Datome, De Colo). De Colo played like shit yesterday, Sloukas carried us until it wasn't enough. And this is coming from someone who usually doesn't like what Sloukas does, keeping the ball too much.

This is the difference between us - I am maybe way too optimistic but I adjust my views and don't defend my ideas no matter what happens. You decide something (Williams bad) and can't appreciate it when he plays good, but criticize him to no end, even when he doesn't deserve it (yesterday he deserved it of course)
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Are you really not understanding I was talking about the performance of Kalinic in 2017? Or are you being thick on purpose?

About other players, I don't like you choosing a player and criticizing no matter what (Nunnally, now Williams) and worshipping some players no matter what (Datome, De Colo). De Colo played like shit yesterday, Sloukas carried us until it wasn't enough. And this is coming from someone who usually doesn't like what Sloukas does, keeping the ball too much.

This is the difference between us - I am maybe way too optimistic but I adjust my views and don't defend my ideas no matter what happens. You decide something (Williams bad) and can't appreciate it when he plays good, but criticize him to no end, even when he doesn't deserve it (yesterday he deserved it of course)
    At the end it's all about players you know. There good players and bad players. Good players can have off night and bad players can have good night. You didn't discovered america

Difference between good players that I support like De Colo and Datome and bad players that you support like Williams and Thomas is that good players have much more good days and nights which make them good isn't it? Should I criticize them for off night, I don't think so!

If you don't see things that stink in Fener just look table and compare with our budget. I tried to help by simple things like Gherardini is clown for instance and you said he is good we must keep him. I said Williams is circus player you said he is athletic.

I don't know what job you are doing for living but in my life it's evrything about the result.

At the end it's all about players you know. There good players and bad players. Good players can have off night and bad players can have good night. You didn't discovered america

Difference between good players that I support like De Colo and Datome and bad players that you support like Williams and Thomas is that good players have much more good days and nights which make them good isn't it? Should I criticize them for off night, I don't think so!

If you don't see things that stink in Fener just look table and compare with our budget. I tried to help by simple things like Gherardini is clown for instance and you said he is good we must keep him. I said Williams is circus player you said he is athletic.

I don't know what job you are doing for living but in my life it's evrything about the result.
    Gherardini has more basketball related success and reputation in life than 99% of European basketball folks, and Obradovic specifically wanted him in Fener, but I'm sure he sucks and is a clown because you said so lmao

I won't gloat with my job so let's not go there (we can if you want to). But only looking at the result without inspecting the process and the decisions is a recipe for failure. Have a good day, this has become a discussion with no purpose
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Gherardini has more basketball related success and reputation in life than 99% of European basketball folks, and Obradovic specifically wanted him in Fener, but I'm sure he sucks and is a clown because you said so lmao

I won't gloat with my job so let's not go there (we can if you want to).
    I am not interested in you life and your job, did I say that?

But only looking at the result without inspecting the process and the decisions is a recipe for failure.
    Exactly, we are discussing here about process and (roster)decisions that led to failure. isn't it?

BTW I drink whiskey, cheers
    Obra’s burner account confirmed.
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Obra’s burner account confirmed.
    Come on Bob you don't want to be part of this Or maybe you do

Quote Originally Posted by Metec View Post
    ... and Landsberg one of the greatest talents Maccabi had during this decade.
    He somehow seems to be coming back to Maccabi.
    Very soon, even for rumors... But:
    + Landesberg is currently playing in China
    + He is a F/G swingman, and Maccabi lost (another) G yesterday, adding to the loss of Casspi (F)
    + He is Israeli, which is playing into the Israeli league regulations

I think if coach Sfero thinks Landesberg is an adequate defender, there might be more serious rumors coming soon.
    *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
    "Hoo, Haa, Ma Kara? CSKA Ahla Ota!"

Quote Originally Posted by DraxDomax View Post
    He somehow seems to be coming back to Maccabi.
    Very soon, even for rumors... But:
    + Landesberg is currently playing in China
    + He is a F/G swingman, and Maccabi lost (another) G yesterday, adding to the loss of Casspi (F)
    + He is Israeli, which is playing into the Israeli league regulations

I think if coach Sfero thinks Landesberg is an adequate defender, there might be more serious rumors coming soon.
    Maccabi is looking for another Israeli because we currently have a problem in the league after Zoosman got injured.
    Landesberg can be a great addition because he is still better than most (maybe even all) Israeli players.
    In the current situation, I would happily see him back in yellow, but I haven't seen anyone in Israeli media talk about it.
    All major sports sites say that Maccabi interested in Amare Stoudemire but haven't approached him or his agent (which makes you wonder, what the hell does it mean? .

I don't think that Landsberg is an awful player, I was just not agreeing with maccabeo that treated him as he is some kind of Wilbekin.
    + Landsberg teams always underperform, the more he plays the worse the team. Maybe it is just luck, but it is defently looks weird.

Yeah, the Landesberg rumors are cooling down...
    I know what you are talking about. He's a very talented player in all aspects but something about his game just doesn't drive a win!

That being said, Dorsey stroke me as the same kind of player, until he changed. So, maybe there is hope that under Sfero, Landesberg might actually give a damn?
    *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
    "Hoo, Haa, Ma Kara? CSKA Ahla Ota!"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678