Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 19

Wow, what a clutch win for Maccabi. And that with 3/4 of Wolters, 1/2 of Jackson (even though he starts showing signs of acclimatization), 3/4 of Zussman, 3/4 Reynolds(bad first quarter, when he tried to do things he doesn't know, and good rest of the time), no Bryant on offensive side, and Acy with foul problem. Caloiaro and Cohen gave very good game. And Scotty and Dorsey good too.
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 01-15-2020 at 01:58 AM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    We were without 3 main/unreplaceable pieces of last year's F4 team: Dunston, Moerman, Micic. and we blew them out. So many times this year, the credit must go to Ataman.
    I wouldn't count Moerman among them as Singleton joined the team due to his injury. His contribution is amazing last 3-4 games and shouldn't be underrated.
    Last edited by ab_mj; 01-15-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ab_mj View Post
    I wouldn't count Moerman among them as Singleton joined the team due to his injury. His contribution is amazing last 3-4 games and shouldn't be underrated.
    Yes, I didn't write it clearly: Those 3 were irreplaceable pieces for the last year's team, i think the 3 with most minutes. We started the year knowing Moerman would be off, and Singleton is doing an amazing job.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

i wrote of cohen since his first exp in mta. i always wrote he deserved to have more chances, but if u are a big men,with shooting ability, with no mountain of muscles ,mta it wasnt your home for long time. with a much more european perimetral sistem, finally cohen is showing his very good skills and showed he surely is an el player. casspi could wait. acy should be cutted or loaned. now pf positio is something of calo and hopefully of cohen. i still must write hopefully because unfortunatly sfair is still giving chancecs to a non-player like acy, something hard to believe.
    i regeret diba-black injury. with them we could have f4 chances.

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    i wrote of cohen since his first exp in mta. i always wrote he deserved to have more chances, but if u are a big men,with shooting ability, with no mountain of muscles ,mta it wasnt your home for long time. with a much more european perimetral sistem, finally cohen is showing his very good skills and showed he surely is an el player. casspi could wait. acy should be cutted or loaned. now pf positio is something of calo and hopefully of cohen. i still must write hopefully because unfortunatly sfair is still giving chancecs to a non-player like acy, something hard to believe.
    i regeret diba-black injury. with them we could have f4 chances.
    Every coach needs to have a player to do the dirty work. Sfairopoulos has chosen Acy for that role. I don't think he cares for his points but for his hustle. Obradovic employed such tactics for many years players such as Kalaitzis, Koch, Dimitris Papanikolaou, Chatzivrettas. He'd throw in one of those guys and tell them to make hard fouls on a player that was hot. To piss them off, ruin their streak, take them off their game, focus purely on defence. It didnt always work but it did more often than not.

You only look at Acy on offence and his % stats. Sfairo looks at his rebs, steals, blocks, timing of his fouls and his personal defence. If Sfairo is happy with him and plays him 20 mins and Maccabi wins, he doesn't care of your opinion. Acy is doing his job. Wake up! Basketball isn't only offence. You need to have a balance on both sides of the court.

I personally admire Acy because he came from the NBA with over 300 games and he could have been arrogant and said "No, I'm not going to destroy the chances of another good contract because I don't have points to my name. He raised his hand and told Sfairo he is his man and will sacrifice himself for the team. I wish Wes Johnson was like that but he doesn't seem to want to get dirty or hustle. He's such a princess and arrogant to do what the team needs to win even if it means he will only take 2-3 shots all game. Acy is the complete opposite. He is willing to die for the team.
    Last edited by EverGreen; 01-15-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Quote Originally Posted by EverGreen View Post
    Every coach needs to have a player to do the dirty work. Sfairopoulos has chosen Acy for that role. I don't think he cares for his points but for his hustle. Obradovic employed such tactics for many years players such as Kalaitzis, Koch, Dimitris Papanikolaou, Chatzivrettas. He'd throw in one of those guys and tell them to make hard fouls on a player that was hot. To piss them off, ruin their streak, take them off their game, focus purely on defence. It didnt always work but it did more often than not.

You only look at Acy on offence and his % stats. Sfairo looks at his rebs, steals, blocks, timing of his fouls and his personal defence. If Sfairo is happy with him and plays him 20 mins and Maccabi wins, he doesn't care of your opinion. Acy is doing his job. Wake up! Basketball isn't only offence. You need to have a balance on both sides of the court.

I personally admire Acy because he came from the NBA with over 300 games and he could have been arrogant and said "No, I'm not going to destroy the chances of another good contract because I don't have points to my name. He raised his hand and told Sfairo he is his man and will sacrifice himself for the team. I wish Wes Johnson was like that but he doesn't seem to want to get dirty or hustle. He's such a princess and arrogant to do what the team needs to win even if it means he will only take 2-3 shots all game. Acy is the complete opposite. He is willing to die for the team.
    dirty work u wrote. and than, block, defense, steal, defense...
    well the dirty work on bball could be done by players with same phisical power but with much talent . a warrior must be able to score and shoot in this sport. also, block. this is the most ridicuous skill in bball. no skill u can show a couple of time per match is a skill and acy didint even show two block per game (0.9 as 3.7 rebounds! what a numbers to justify his limits in offense!)
    defense, often mta had defensive problem with him as solved when he was in bench.
    but mostly is really really incredibile somebody think of acy as a positive add having such a medocre stats. shooting like him, (nn)scoring like him is something has a great impact on a game played by 5 players. if one of them is unable to make any offensive job, and is even just n av defensive player, i dont care he is from nba.
    i could naming long list of "warriors" who are and were vey efficent in offense too

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Well, Llull and Deck are without rythim after their injuries. I will give them a bit of time (such as Sabt-Roos).

Randolph and Rudy are huge misses for us (like Strielnieks and Hackett), both were playing amazing.
    It looked to me that Laso decided how this game was not very important or he shouldn't have played Llull and Reyes. Llull did everything for Real, but unfortunately he's becoming big burden for them. He's just a shadow of himself, not only in this game but more or less last 2 seasons. I'm not sure that he can embrace his new roll, which is to be just a roll player.
    previously known as Beno

Just check this out, all 3 travelling positions are so stupid it is funny. I don't say refs are biased of course, most of them are simply incompetent (tweet not mine):

https://twitter.com/Sinek_2/status/1...161447936?s=09
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    Just check this out, all 3 travelling positions are so stupid it is funny. I don't say refs are biased of course, most of them are simply incompetent (tweet not mine):

https://twitter.com/Sinek_2/status/1...161447936?s=09
    The NBA is here!!! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwvCeNwdwWQ
    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Lol at least they call it out every once in a while
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    It looked to me that Laso decided how this game was not very important or he shouldn't have played Llull and Reyes. Llull did everything for Real, but unfortunately he's becoming big burden for them. He's just a shadow of himself, not only in this game but more or less last 2 seasons. I'm not sure that he can embrace his new roll, which is to be just a roll player.
    Laso use to sacrifice some "difficult" away games. He did it un Barcelona in ACB, and he hace too much minutes to 3 players who were out for 1 month (Llull, Reyes and Deck). So, agree.

Zalgiris tookt his one absolutely deserved. They were the better team in the second half and they're individual quality is simply higher. Would have been too much to beat them twice. We gave it all but sometimes you have to congratulate the better one. Like always great fight.

Wow, I'm unable to see the game but didn't expect Zalgiris to win there (although I expected Red Star to come back to earth in the second half of the season)
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Papagiannis is playing like the center we wanted. He has improved constantly since Pitino's arrival

we only played good for 5 minutes in the start of the game and in the last quarter when we decided to play defence. who would have thought that papagiannis would be our savior today cause he remembered he is 2.20, 135kg and all he has to do is just sit under the basket and raise his hand. bad performance in overall but still we managed to score almost 100 points with calathes being bad and fredette only 4 points. but this thing with the defence must be solved cause we wont play against bayern every week. but until then,a win is a win. 11-8
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    we only played good for 5 minutes in the start of the game and in the last quarter when we decided to play defence. who would have thought that papagiannis would be our savior today cause he remembered he is 2.20, 135kg and all he has to do is just sit under the basket and raise his hand. bad performance in overall but still we managed to score almost 100 points with calathes being bad and fredette only 4 points. but this thing with the defence must be solved cause we wont play against bayern every week. but until then,a win is a win. 11-8
    We only played well with Papagiannis in the court. Pitino knows how to handle him and you better stop calling him names

Seriously, there is a big difference in his mentality. He shows real greet, the element that he needed desperately until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    We only played well with Papagiannis in the court. Pitino knows how to handle him and you better stop calling him names
    he is more idiot than magee but he has almost equal body skills. i just expect him to grab 6-8 rebounds every game and challenge/block the guards that drive. and dont jump like idiot in every fake by opponent centers,which he didnt today. i expect pitino to stop this nonsense with switch defence. we know that fredette is bad at defence but switching when thomas is also in court is terrible idea. thomas is even worse than fredette when they switch,he is so slow to recover. at least he scores. just let that guy that goes past fredette get a mid range contested shot with fredette possibly challenging from behind or let them drive to the basket in front of a 2.20 big guy. we stopped switch in the last quarter and played man 2 man with some bad defenders in (rice,thomas) and the outcome was great defence. and that wasnt just cause of papagiannis
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Wesley Johnson has been so disappointing compared to what was expected.

Why you even argue with the clown?
    He thinks Cohen is PF, and DiBa is Michael Jordan...And would hate to see Dennis Rhodman to play (I don't like his politics, but the guy was defence and rebounds machine).
    And, of course, I agree with you 100% about Acy. In addition, there's Israeli league, to which Reynolds isn't registered (yet, or never - Maccabi have only one foreign player quota left to register), and this league is full of small PFs and Centers, so you need Acy for that too.
    And, finally, of course, Sfairopoulos doesn't care about clown's opinion - I doubt he even knows the clown exists...
    Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 01-15-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Saras the Great! Zalgiris is the worst team in euroleague by far, but that coaching, that energy, that defense, and now we find even ability to make our shots. All that didn't have Baskonia, nor Olympiacos, nor Bayern, Asvel, and all other euroleague teams who have much worse point difference than ours (which is just -1, by the way!). Lets beat PAO, lets make them uncomfortable, lets play our basketball!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast