No announcement yet.

Euroleague Regular Season: Week 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALBA Berlin won both games in Greece. Did any other team do that this year?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Sfairopoulos does a really great job with this Maccabi team. Pleasure to watch them. Enjoyed this game a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        ALBA Berlin won both games in Greece. Did any other team do that this year?
        No, they are the greek whisperer.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
          Ok Efes won surprisingly clear against Milan although it gave felt 100 rebounds more. Efes had problems with creation in the first half but Milan was more dumb. Never saw a clumsy team than Milan. The second half Larkin and Sanli showed up. I want to praise Sanli for his good defense even though he is clumsy as hell. He is tall but cant grab one rebound. He is too thin and too soft and gets always boxed out easily even by guards but his mid rangers are precious. Greetings from Tuncer btw. I think he did a good job also defensively.
          We were without 3 main/unreplaceable pieces of last year's F4 team: Dunston, Moerman, Micic. and we blew them out. So many times this year, the credit must go to Ataman.

Comment

14/28 3p
            dorsey 19
            ANGELO

3 keys of the yellow night

Comment

wow Maccabi, Unbelievable
              https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Originally posted by iraz View Post
                Just unbelievable! 43 - 43 at the end of the 3rd Q. Is it CSKA - Real or what? Some outstanding oldfashioned bball
                Worst game of this year in the Euroleague, by far.

Congrats Iraz!

Comment

Incredible two games in euroleague this night. CSKA - Real, low scoring game decided in last seconds and Maccabi - Fenerbahce, high tempo, plenty of threes, two great teams faced each other and better team won. Lolympiacos - they lost again in must win game against one of the worst team in competition. They didn't defend nothing against Khimki, then against Fenerbahce and now again they defense was just bad. They will win some games when they decide to play basketball, but they are out of battle for TOP 8. Khimki - what a disgrace, Valencia came without two centers and played without two main playerd (Loyd was injured and played bad because of it).
                  Now Barcelona must concentrate and they must grab a victory in Istanbul, and that won't be an easy task. So, we can except one more excellent game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                    Worst game of this year in the Euroleague, by far.

Congrats Iraz!
                    Thank you! But I won't call this game ugly, maybe it will even turn out to be one of the best games this season Though I really don't like this so called "defensive" bball (remind me of Messina), that was the only way for us to win today - and the team did it with a lot of heart. Obviously it's not Real's type of game.
                    The only sad thing from this game is that Llull still cannot find his game, he and Chacho are the only players I've always enjoyed watching in Real (though for CSKA it's great, no doubt!)

Comment

Originally posted by iraz View Post
                      Thank you! But I won't call this game ugly, maybe it will even turn out to be one of the best games this season Though I really don't like this so called "defensive" bball (remind me of Messina), that was the only way for us to win today - and the team did it with a lot of heart. Obviously it's not Real's type of game.
                      The only sad thing from this game is that Llull still cannot find his game, he and Chacho are the only players I've always enjoyed watching in Real (though for CSKA it's great, no doubt!)
                      Well, Llull and Deck are without rythim after their injuries. I will give them a bit of time (such as Sabt-Roos).

Randolph and Rudy are huge misses for us (like Strielnieks and Hackett), both were playing amazing.

Comment

Wow, what a clutch win for Maccabi. And that with 3/4 of Wolters, 1/2 of Jackson (even though he starts showing signs of acclimatization), 3/4 of Zussman, 3/4 Reynolds(bad first quarter, when he tried to do things he doesn't know, and good rest of the time), no Bryant on offensive side, and Acy with foul problem. Caloiaro and Cohen gave very good game. And Scotty and Dorsey good too.
                        Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 01-15-2020, 01:58 AM.
                        Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                          We were without 3 main/unreplaceable pieces of last year's F4 team: Dunston, Moerman, Micic. and we blew them out. So many times this year, the credit must go to Ataman.
                          I wouldn't count Moerman among them as Singleton joined the team due to his injury. His contribution is amazing last 3-4 games and shouldn't be underrated.
                          Last edited by ab_mj; 01-15-2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ab_mj View Post
                            I wouldn't count Moerman among them as Singleton joined the team due to his injury. His contribution is amazing last 3-4 games and shouldn't be underrated.
                            Yes, I didn't write it clearly: Those 3 were irreplaceable pieces for the last year's team, i think the 3 with most minutes. We started the year knowing Moerman would be off, and Singleton is doing an amazing job.

Comment

i wrote of cohen since his first exp in mta. i always wrote he deserved to have more chances, but if u are a big men,with shooting ability, with no mountain of muscles ,mta it wasnt your home for long time. with a much more european perimetral sistem, finally cohen is showing his very good skills and showed he surely is an el player. casspi could wait. acy should be cutted or loaned. now pf positio is something of calo and hopefully of cohen. i still must write hopefully because unfortunatly sfair is still giving chancecs to a non-player like acy, something hard to believe.
                              i regeret diba-black injury. with them we could have f4 chances.

Comment

Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                                i wrote of cohen since his first exp in mta. i always wrote he deserved to have more chances, but if u are a big men,with shooting ability, with no mountain of muscles ,mta it wasnt your home for long time. with a much more european perimetral sistem, finally cohen is showing his very good skills and showed he surely is an el player. casspi could wait. acy should be cutted or loaned. now pf positio is something of calo and hopefully of cohen. i still must write hopefully because unfortunatly sfair is still giving chancecs to a non-player like acy, something hard to believe.
                                i regeret diba-black injury. with them we could have f4 chances.
                                Every coach needs to have a player to do the dirty work. Sfairopoulos has chosen Acy for that role. I don't think he cares for his points but for his hustle. Obradovic employed such tactics for many years players such as Kalaitzis, Koch, Dimitris Papanikolaou, Chatzivrettas. He'd throw in one of those guys and tell them to make hard fouls on a player that was hot. To piss them off, ruin their streak, take them off their game, focus purely on defence. It didnt always work but it did more often than not.

You only look at Acy on offence and his % stats. Sfairo looks at his rebs, steals, blocks, timing of his fouls and his personal defence. If Sfairo is happy with him and plays him 20 mins and Maccabi wins, he doesn't care of your opinion. Acy is doing his job. Wake up! Basketball isn't only offence. You need to have a balance on both sides of the court.

I personally admire Acy because he came from the NBA with over 300 games and he could have been arrogant and said "No, I'm not going to destroy the chances of another good contract because I don't have points to my name. He raised his hand and told Sfairo he is his man and will sacrifice himself for the team. I wish Wes Johnson was like that but he doesn't seem to want to get dirty or hustle. He's such a princess and arrogant to do what the team needs to win even if it means he will only take 2-3 shots all game. Acy is the complete opposite. He is willing to die for the team.
                                Last edited by EverGreen; 01-15-2020, 11:34 AM.
                                Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                                Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information